oneBoro Forum

I'd have took a point before kick off, but the performance against 10 men was demoralising.

Looked decent before their keeper was sent off, bar that nervy moment with Pears.

Coulson played well, McNair played fairly well, not sure many others get much credit.

Baffled that we stuck with 3 at the back for so long against 10, and how slow to make a change Woodgate was.

• Like 1
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  The last time I authored a matchday thread there was a sense of optimism on the forum after a positive, attacking performance away at Luton..  Unfortunately, since then t

People are so quick to write players off these days. Sheff Utd are smashing it in the PL with a team full of league football journeymen. Vardy was in non-league a few years ago. Pukki couldn't hit a b

Hats off to sky sports, how they found 15minutes worth of highlights to put on the tele is beyond me

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd have took a point before kick off, but the performance against 10 men was demoralising.

Looked decent before their keeper was sent off, bar that nervy moment with Pears.

Coulson played well, McNair played fairly well, not sure many others get much credit.

Wing?

I honestly don't think another manager is suddenly going to turn Britt and Fletcher into scoring machines. On the positive side our defence is fairly solid. We need incoming activity in January and lots of it in the forward areas. If we can get players to create the 10 simple chances for Britt he might get us a goal. Ideally though we lose Britt, fletcher Gestede Saville Johnson. The back 7 inc. Goalie are fine. We just need to freshen up the front 4.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Woodgate press conference is always the same  "we've got to score goals" how?  "We've got to work hard on the training ground"

I understand that he also blame the fact that Fulham went down to ten men and that it made it harder for us as they sat behind the ball all of the time.

How is he not concerned that we are bottom 3 after 14 games?

• Like 1

I'd probably be less vitriolic about the performance if I wasn't raging about queuing 10 minutes, with the world's slowest servers, for some chips and curry sauce only to be told they'd ran out when I finally got to the front. 😂

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

I understand that he also blame the fact that Fulham went down to ten men and that it made it harder for us as they sat behind the ball all of the time.

How is he not concerned that we are bottom 3 after 14 games?

Of course he's concerned, however coming out and saying it would put more pressure on the team and also himself at risk.

We simply are toothless and not good enough offensively.

Won't be backed in January either unless an asset gets sold.

On paper today, that's probably the most attacking line up we could put out with the current squad which is quite concerning that we couldn't create chances against a 10man team for 72minutes.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Of course he's concerned, however coming out and saying it would put more pressure on the team and also himself at risk.

We simply are toothless and not good enough offensively.

Won't be backed in January either unless an asset gets sold.

On paper today, that's probably the most attacking line up we could put out with the current squad which is quite concerning that we couldn't create chances against a 10man team for 72minutes.

we did create, had one in the woodwork, no shots on goal but that thanks to our strikers that are worthless..... 😉

• Like 1

We need players to drive at teams.. That will create more space.

When Paddy or wing did that today, we had space. 

And our strikers need to score, plus they need to move better.. Fletcher was not Even in the box in the 2nd Half. 

Britt should have moved out wide, instead of dragging a defender towards a rushing Paddy. Then that would be another red card. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, ladyspite said:

we did create, had one in the woodwork, no shots on goal but that thanks to our strikers that are worthless..... 😉

Hitting the post from a free kick isn't creating a chance unfortunately.

I wouldn't just blame our strikers as we are too slow at creating from midfield and the wild areas.

By the time we get the ball into the final 3rd, the opposition have time to get men behind the ball and we simply go back.

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Hitting the post from a free kick isn't creating a chance unfortunately.

I wouldn't just blame our strikers as we are too slow at creating from midfield and the wild areas.

By the time we get the ball into the final 3rd, the opposition have time to get men behind the ball and we simply go back.

to be fair, in the first half we have two golden chances to work the keeper as a bare minimum but our strikers couldn't score in a brothel right now. Britts header especially IMO should be a sure fire goal.

53 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

But we should have gotten 9 points very easily if we had a match winner the anger is this wasn't sorted in the transfer window as it was clear we can't score and why did the club sell Bamford as he'd of scored that Assombalonga chance

Doubt he would. He can’t score goals for Leeds and their supporters are pretty angry with how poor he actually is as a striker. He’s every bit a championship player like Britt.

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

to be fair, in the first half we have two golden chances to work the keeper as a bare minimum but our strikers couldn't score in a brothel right now. Britts header especially IMO should be a sure fire goal.

I agree he should score or at least make the keeper work, but we simply are too slow at creating chances.

There's no intensity to our attacking play and there hasn't been for a long long time