oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BearSmog

Boro v Fulham 0-0

Not feeling confident about this one. Think Fulham will be getting promoted this season. Even though they're only 7th, there's only 2 points between them and the autos. 2-0 to Fulham

What do you think it will take to stop the rot? 

If we start playing attacking football similar to v Luton - this will get the fans excited again and give the team a bit of impetus. 

Do you genuinely think Woodgate knows what he is doing? 

I think he's an ok coach by the sounds of it. Whether he's a good manager, I'm not so sure.

Britt and Fletcher's form: lack of confidence or lack of ability? 

Lack of support from midfield I would say. Although last week I think it was tav was breaking down the left against WBA and instead of getting into the box, Britt ran to the outside of tav, leaving them both on the wing with noone in the box. I think there's a lack of football intelligence there as well.

What is our best formation using what we have available? 

4231, karanka style. 

----------------Britt-----------

--Johnson--wing--Fletcher--

-------Howson--mcnair------

Coulson--fry--Ayala--Shotton

--------------GK-------------------

Doesn't look a bad team to me!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Can we just score a good goal please 

No, you're asking too much 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Can we just score a good goal please 

I'll settle for the ball hitting someone on the *** and going in, any goal will do they all only count one.

• Like 3

First game for me today since WBA away last season.  Not expecting much, 2-0 Fulham.  

We need the win, it may be a big boost in confidence if we some how beat Fulham today. But I expect a Fulham win unfortunately just can't see where our goals are going to come from. Boro 0 Fulham 2

Not sure why he's gone back to 4-3-3 hasn't worked at all so far none of the players work in that style. 

Just seems we start putting performances together with the 5 at the back then we bin it off again 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

What do you think it will take to stop the rot? 

Luck and scoring first

Do you genuinely think Woodgate knows what he is doing? 

He either said what the fans wanted to hear or saw things in the players last year that we have never seen. He is probably going to stick with a back 3 now and if he plays the same formation each week we might see some improvement EDIT: shows what I know.

Britt and Fletcher's form: lack of confidence or lack of ability? 

Ability in Fletchers case. I keep hearing there’s a player in there somewhere but f*** me, he is taking time to come out. Britt has scored goals in the past but needs more chances than we can create to get his tally up.

What is our best formation using what we have available? 

I honestly dont know.

Edited by TAPOUT

Shotton is out due to that injury from last game.. He finished the game though, but that must be, what's keeping him out .. 

Could it be 4-4-2? 

we could just have put Liddle in played 3-5-2

Think we looke dmuch better in 3-5-2

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• 7 definitely has to be the target! Have a feeling we will fluff one of the home games and get an unexpected win against Swansea or Preston.
    • Is it possible Gibson might be coming in on loan to replace Ayala who might be sold in January and we will then look to replace Ayala more long term in summer?
    • Since losing at home to WBA 1-0 in the final minute, on the 19th October, the Boro have played 9 games losing 2 of those games, we now sit 4 points above the relegation zone with a better GD than the bottom 4 teams, things are certainly looking better than a few weeks back Swansea, sitting in 11th place on 31 points are winless in the last 5 games, Boro are faring better with 2 wins, 2 draws & a loss over the same period The academy players who have been introduced this season have played their part, but the main area we are struggling with, which needs to be addressed in January, is that of a goalscorer Pears is deputising well in goal, Spence has come in & done a commanding job, Coulson who has performed so well this season, along with some of the experienced players, McNair continues to improve & excel in his midfield role, not only making that excellent pass leading up to the penalty but converted the spot kick himself, Ayala a commanding centre half, who, IMHO, is a must to be kept & offered a new improved contract  Are we slowly seeing the Boro turn the corner? Are we starting to gel as a uit    The 1st fixture away to Swansea City was on the 12th September 1925, Boro losing 4-0 Swansea City v Boro fixture will be the 47th fixture in South Wales between the 2 teams with the following record: Won 19 Drew 10 Lost 17 Goals scored - 94 Goals against - 83 Did you know: 18th December 1926 Boro 7 Swansea 1 & 21st March 1959 Boro 6 Swansea 2 both George Camsell & Brian Clough scored 4 goals each After signing for Middlesbrough on a wage of £25 a week, he made his debut against Grimsby Town in a 4–3 victory. Within a week of joining the Boro he was made captain, during a night out in his time at the Boro, Mel Nurse was once mistaken for train robber Ronnie Biggs, he was pulled over by police & questioned before his real identity was established   Some players who played for both clubs: Bill Harris - Born in Swansea & signed for them when leaving schoo but never made any 1st team appearances, signed for Middlesbrough & between, 1954 - 65, played 378 games, scoring 72 goals Mel Nurse - 256 appearances for Swansea scoring 19 goals, 113 for Swansea scoring 8 goals Phil Boersma - 47 appearances for the Boro scoring 3 goals, 18 for Swansea scoring one goal John Mahoney 77 appearances for the Boro scoring 1 goal, 110 for Swansea scoring one goal Dimi Konstantopoulos - Played 4 games on loan in season 2008-09, played 98 games for the Boro between 2013-2019 Danny Graham - 33 appearances for the Boro, scoring 7 goals, 54 appearances for Swansea scoring 15 goals Leroy Lita - 78 appearances for the Boro scoring 20 goals, 18 for Swansea scoring 2 goals Marvin Emnes - 141 appearances for the Boro, scoring 24 goals , 11 appearances over 2 different seasons scoring 3 goals, one being a match winner v Cardiff Kyle Naughton - 15 appearances on loan for the Boro, no goals, 151 for Swansea scoring 3 goals Connor Roberts - A season long loan from Swansea last only one loan appearance for the Boro, his contract was terminated & he returned to Swansea, 66 games for Swansea, scoring 5 goals
    • It's the type of thing this club usually does. If you go back to the Mowbray era he was told there was no money for transfers then Gibson went out and brought Woodgate back to the club behind Mowbray's back. 
    • Got to win those home games.  Lose to West Brom, obviously.  The others?  A point from them would be about all I would expect.  So, 7 from 15.