oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BearSmog

Boro v Fulham 0-0

Not feeling confident about this one. Think Fulham will be getting promoted this season. Even though they're only 7th, there's only 2 points between them and the autos. 2-0 to Fulham

What do you think it will take to stop the rot? 

If we start playing attacking football similar to v Luton - this will get the fans excited again and give the team a bit of impetus. 

Do you genuinely think Woodgate knows what he is doing? 

I think he's an ok coach by the sounds of it. Whether he's a good manager, I'm not so sure.

Britt and Fletcher's form: lack of confidence or lack of ability? 

Lack of support from midfield I would say. Although last week I think it was tav was breaking down the left against WBA and instead of getting into the box, Britt ran to the outside of tav, leaving them both on the wing with noone in the box. I think there's a lack of football intelligence there as well.

What is our best formation using what we have available? 

4231, karanka style. 

----------------Britt-----------

--Johnson--wing--Fletcher--

-------Howson--mcnair------

Coulson--fry--Ayala--Shotton

--------------GK-------------------

Doesn't look a bad team to me!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Can we just score a good goal please 

No, you're asking too much 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Can we just score a good goal please 

I'll settle for the ball hitting someone on the *** and going in, any goal will do they all only count one.

• Like 3

First game for me today since WBA away last season.  Not expecting much, 2-0 Fulham.  

We need the win, it may be a big boost in confidence if we some how beat Fulham today. But I expect a Fulham win unfortunately just can't see where our goals are going to come from. Boro 0 Fulham 2

Not sure why he's gone back to 4-3-3 hasn't worked at all so far none of the players work in that style. 

Just seems we start putting performances together with the 5 at the back then we bin it off again 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

What do you think it will take to stop the rot? 

Luck and scoring first

Do you genuinely think Woodgate knows what he is doing? 

He either said what the fans wanted to hear or saw things in the players last year that we have never seen. He is probably going to stick with a back 3 now and if he plays the same formation each week we might see some improvement EDIT: shows what I know.

Britt and Fletcher's form: lack of confidence or lack of ability? 

Ability in Fletchers case. I keep hearing there’s a player in there somewhere but f*** me, he is taking time to come out. Britt has scored goals in the past but needs more chances than we can create to get his tally up.

What is our best formation using what we have available? 

I honestly dont know.

Shotton is out due to that injury from last game.. He finished the game though, but that must be, what's keeping him out .. 

Could it be 4-4-2? 

we could just have put Liddle in played 3-5-2

Think we looke dmuch better in 3-5-2

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• As our leading scorer I'd be tempted to play Magic Marvin as the lone Striker with Tav behind and Roberts and Watmore on the wings.
    • Platt was my boyhood keeper, couldn't kick a ball straight, unless he kicked it straight into touch, but he was excellent for years, I would rate him on par with Schwarzer and I think the Aussie would have helped to keep us up if he hadn't gotten injured.
    • Given made 16 Boro appearances, Valdes 28 appearances and Randolph 106 appearances in a Boro shirt. Given was a 93 day maximum permitted loan but he kept 10 clean sheets in those 16 games. I'm pretty sure that Valdes will have been signed with the intention of him being around for longer than 28 games. Randolph's 106 games are maybe not what could be classed as a long serving tenure but a little more than a cameo in fairness to him. in contrast however Jim Platt made 481 appearances so I suppose by comparison they were all somewhat transient.
    • The big Auzzie was very good and for a long time.  I notice you have not mentioned Jim Platt who I rated highly also along with Pears.  For some reason I tend to regard Given and Randolph as cameo appearances which is not really fair   but who said life was fair - keep smiling
    • Some interesting replies on crowds returning.  I have a record of 65 + years of attending Boro matches and I'm anxious to keep it up but have one or three health problems so I can take no risks with Covid. transmissions.   I'd love to go but it won't be until I've been vacced etc.  If I can I'd love to go, even if its just the one game to keep up the record of at least one game in every season since 1953/4   keep smiling