oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BearSmog

Boro v Fulham 0-0

Harsh on Johnson to be left out instead of either Fletcher or Britt. I don’t mind Johnson on the right of a 3.

How *** must Dijksteel be in training? Is he really that bad? I think we’ve been missing Howson in the middle as of late.

I don't think we've missed Howson in midfield as I don't think he's the solution. He has performed well at right back though. That's why I think Dijksteel isn't in the team.

I think the only reason Woody has gone against his wing back formation is because shotton is injured.

Picked up a knee injury against Huddersfield I have been informed.

Coulson coming at LB makes more sense than playing Johnson there.

Fully expect when Shotton to be back fit that we will revert to the wing back formation.

A bad result today and I expect a backlash from fans for changing formation though but who else could he have put in at CB? To put McNair in there would be harsh after his recent performances in midfield.

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

I think the only reason Woody has gone against his wing back formation is because shotton is injured.

Picked up a knee injury against Huddersfield I have been informed.

Coulson coming at LB makes more sense than playing Johnson there.

Fully expect when Shotton to be back fit that we will revert to the wing back formation.

A bad result today and I expect a backlash from fans for changing formation though but who else could he have put in at CB? To put McNair in there would be harsh after his recent performances in midfield.

He'd have had to go super young. Wood? Liddle? (Is he a CB?) I think this is the right choice all options considered.

I have to say, as much as Shotton being injured makes it very difficult, it's weird that we've stuck so vehemently with wingbacks until playing a team that could realistically overrun us and/or prevent our full backs from getting forward. Tough call with Wood, McNair and Dijksteel being the only other options but we'll see how the change does us. I wish we'd changed to this formation at Huddersfield.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

He'd have had to go super young. Wood? Liddle? (Is he a CB?) I think this is the right choice all options considered.

Liddle is a centre mid.

The last 3 names on the subs list .. Liddle Browne Johnson .. Made me giggle 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

When ive seen him play, Dijksteele has looked like a fullback playing CB so wouldnt have minded seeing him slot in Shottons place.

3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

The last 3 names on the subs list .. Liddle Browne Johnson .. Made me giggle 😄 

Get your mind out of the gutter! 😝

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Get your mind out of the gutter! 😝

I just got that ...Sheesh

• Like 1

Commentators just read a mail from a Stephen .. Saying out loud that it's Gibson to blame.. Not Woody ... Like who the *** pays 7.000.000 £ for Saville 😄

• Like 1

Hmm . McNair is maybe a defender today .. So we keep the 5-3-2

Sign in to follow this