oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Derby (A) 0-2

Hey folks...first time I've done one of these in a long time, so be gentle!

sV9Z3GC.png

Summary

Boro travel to Derby with a realistic chance of getting something from this fixture. While the visitors’ form has been generally wretched so far, the hosts haven’t been exactly brilliant.

Both teams have drawn a fair number of games, while neither has exactly set the scoring charts alight. Expect a fairly turgid game with goalscoring chances at a premium.

Form

hcagQgl.png

Derby have a pretty good home record (W3 D3 L1), however Boro can take some encouragement from 2 clean sheets in their last 2 games and a narrow defeat to table-toppers West Brom. They just need to remember how to score…

If Boro can keep main threats Chris Martin & Martyn Waghorn quiet (Tom Lawrence has also chipped in with 3 from midfield), they may not return to Teesside empty handed.

Thats a big ask however, since (until recently) Boro’s defence has been leakier than Julian Assange’s website, while for the last 3 games, our forwards seem to have forgotten you’re meant to aim for that big white rectangular thing with a net on the back.

Last Time Out

Boro failed to land a single shot on target, at home to 10-man Fulham, in a bore draw. Derby conceded 2 late goals at Hull, so will be looking to bounce back with a good home performance.

Team News

TBA

Questions

- Will Boro score a goal (if so...who and how)?

- Can we keep a third consecutive clean sheet?

- What would be your team / formation?

- Does anyone know the number of a good exorcist to cleanse the Riverside while we’re away?

- In the absence of good leadership, would a squad hypnotherapy session help improve morale...and performances?

- Has anyone managed to get Boro promoted in a football management game lately (if so, please submit your CV to Steve Gibson)?

Prediction

I was originally inclined to go for another draw...but now fancy Boro to snatch their first win in 4 games (maybe its my anti-depressants kicking in). I think Boro’s improving defence may just negate Derby’s less-than-stellar attack and Fletcher, Britt...somebody...may just finally score one off their backside.

DERBY 0 – 1 BORO

• Like 7
  • Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 'spend more money' thing is weaponized by people like Vickers and the club it's just a popular generalization used by alot of Boro fans the past 5 years that they love to face imo, going forward t

Hey folks...first time I've done one of these in a long time, so be gentle!     Summary Boro travel to Derby with a realistic chance of getting something from this fixture. W

Boro fans: He should have walked home, he should have walked home, Richard Keogh, he should have walked home

Posted Images

Good post AR!

If you change the topic headline to Boro v Derby (Away) then the admins don't have to 😄 

I did my first one with the same type of headline and they corrected it, cause the standard is as above 😉 

But good job 💪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will Boro score a goal (if so...who and how)?
Yes! Some one will man up and start the goal scoring which will lead to more from others.

Yes, Derby are not the same team this year either.

Pears, Howson, Ayala, Paddy, Fry, Coulson - Wing, Tav, Browne, Burrel, Fletcher 3-4-1-2

- Does anyone know the number of a good exorcist to cleanse the Riverside while we’re away?
We could burry a parmo under each corner flag

- In the absence of good leadership, would a squad hypnotherapy session help improve morale...and performances?
Absolutely

• Like 1
5 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

If Boro can keep main threats Chris Martin & Martyn Waghorn quiet (Tom Lawrence has also chipped in with 3 from midfield), they may not return to Teesside empty handed.

I reckon one of our strikers will get a rush of blood to the head, dribble past the hypnotised defence and manage to score. 

The hardest part is that it feels like it's us against the world at the minute. It's the gaffer's job to get the players in and tell them not to panic, then we might just be able to cause them a bit of trouble.

We need to start winning as the clocks ticking on the season and we need to be going up&up, not down&down!

Also, I hope every player on their team gets a card and that they're all yellow. 

Derby own goal (would that count?) or Ayala power header

no I think 2-1 result either way. 

Pears,

Howson, Ayala, Fry, Coulson

Clayton   McNair

Fletcher     Wing            Tav   

Walker

Got to try something different upfront, Britt and Fletcher just not doing it i cant see an end to them missing sitters, just tell him no expectations just enjoy it, play his game and see what comes of it. You never know we might be surprised.    

• Like 1

- Will Boro score a goal (if so...who and how)?

Yes, but we are more likely to hit our own net these days.

I doubt it, I think young pears will be tested more in this game. I can see us conceding a few.

Gk - Mejias

RB - Dijksteel

CB- Ayala

CB - Fry

LB - Coulson

DM - Wing

CM - McNair 

CM - Howson

LW - Johnson

RW - Browne

FW - Britt

-Does anyone know the number of a good exorcist to cleanse the Riverside while we’re away?

Maybe if Gibson can offer some kind of sacrifice to the sun god during the warm ups 🤷‍♂️ might help..

Or the opposite of hypnotherapy, as our strikers wander around as if they are half asleep anyway.

- Has anyone managed to get Boro promoted in a football management game lately (if so, please submit your CV to Steve Gibson)?

Yes but I cheated and must of spent about £50 million on foreign players and 'smashed' the league.

• Like 1

Can't see us getting anything here. We simply can't score. Comfortable 2-0 home win. 3-5-2 looks like the best formation we have going for us as we have no wide players of any significance to play with traditional wingers in a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. I'd even be enclined to play a half fit Gestede up top alongside Britt and just try the old hoofing to a big targetman alongside a finisher. Surely that's simple enough a tactic for Woodgate to make the players understand.

Woodgate out saying, that it is not time to unleash the youngsters at the moment (yet) .. Does that sort of mean, that the seniors have one more chance to man up? 

We really need some creativity .. I would take the best creators from the U23 team .. and promote them .. Our strikers particularly but the whole team would benefit from someone who can create something .. 

It cannot be much more lost for ideas than last game, so why not give them one more chance and then .. rest the ones who are supposed to create.

Rather radical, I know .. But doing the same thing over and over .. is insane

• Like 1

I think theres only 1 way for us to guarantee something from this game....

WHO HAS THE LAMP????

I would go:

Pears

Howson Shotton Ayala Fry Coulson

McNair Wing Tav

Browne Fletcher

Until we start clicking in attack we need 3 cb. If Shotton is still out I would put Dijksteele at CB (believe its his natural position). Coulson can hopefuly find some form down that left. I would like to see us get some confidence then switch to a back 4. Not sure we have a permanent RWB to justify the formation. Howson is a great pro and does a good job but he aint a natural fit.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Woodgate out saying, that it is not time to unleash the youngsters at the moment (yet) .. Does that sort of mean, that the seniors have one more chance to man up? 

We really need some creativity .. I would take the best creators from the U23 team .. and promote them .. Our strikers particularly but the whole team would benefit from someone who can create something .. 

It cannot be much more lost for ideas than last game, so why not give them one more chance and then .. rest the ones who are supposed to create.

Rather radical, I know .. But doing the same thing over and over .. is insane

Well, no less a genius than Albert Einstein said that the very definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results. 😉

• Like 1

Questions

No. Our strikers couldn't hit a cow's *** with a banjo, and the midfield largely seem phobic about shooting.

Hypothetically, though I doubt we will against Derby's classy forwards.

Since we've tried a variety of other formations which haven't worked, I'd go back to the 4-2-3-1. Hopefully there'd be some muscle memory in the players from Aitor's time which would ensure we could actually play that way, Britt could get some support from an ACM (God knows who, but maybe Wing) and the defence could get some much-needed protection. The current midfield is pretty ineffectual, so dropping 4-3-3 wouldn't make any difference as far as I'm concerned.

You are feeling sleeeepy...that's it...your eyes are so heavy...and so are your legs, because you've stayed here two seasons too long. When you wake up, you will be 25 again, and you'll have an uncontrollable desire to get close to the opposition goal...you will forget everything Mr Pulis said about tigers eating you if you go into the opposition penalty box...and then you'll shoot...shoot...shoot...

- Has anyone managed to get Boro promoted in a football management game lately (if so, please submit your CV to Steve Gibson)?

I got Boro relegated in FM13, and immediately retired from football management. I am the gaming equivalent of Paul Jewell.

• Haha 2