oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Derby (A) 0-2

Just now, jamesp said:

We can’t afford to sack Woodgate

we can’t afford to pay a new manager

can you think of a single half decent manager who would touch this job where everybody is for sale, there’s no money to buy anyone and half of the squad is out of contract in the summer

im well aware of those facts, i think he'll walk eventually. 

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 'spend more money' thing is weaponized by people like Vickers and the club it's just a popular generalization used by alot of Boro fans the past 5 years that they love to face imo, going forward t

Hey folks...first time I've done one of these in a long time, so be gentle!     Summary Boro travel to Derby with a realistic chance of getting something from this fixture. W

Boro fans: He should have walked home, he should have walked home, Richard Keogh, he should have walked home

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Maybe league one won't cost Gibson that 1m a month.. And therefor his aim, if a cheaper squad won't cut it in the championship

Out of interest does anyone know the financials of going down to league 1 from the Championship? I didn't think it was that great a jump. Maybe he isn't that arsed about going down. Probably thinks it'll give Woodgate a chance to learn the ropes and gain some momentum as there is a huge quality gap between L1/Championship.   

7 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

they arent terrible players though they nearly made the playoffs last season. His man management is nothing short of terrible. 

a terrible side can still make the playoffs, id hardly say we played well in regard. and my comment on the terrible players was aimed at the 3 strikers i mentioned, but reading back i realise that wasnt clear in my post. 

Just now, Dan1234 said:

Out of interest does anyone know the financials of going down to league 1 from the Championship? I didn't think it was that great a jump. Maybe he isn't that arsed about going down. Probably thinks it'll give Woodgate a chance to learn the ropes and gain some momentum as there is a huge quality gap between L1/Championship.   

I mean between Fletcher, Randolph, Britt and Saville we'd be taking 35 million pounds in assets down while writing off 15 million in Howson/Gestede/Johnson on the way down we're in a hole no matter which division next summer.

10 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I haven't looked at any actual figures, but its logical to assume there will be significantly less revenue. Smaller sponsorship deals, less TV money filtering down, fewer ticket sales and probably less merchandise too.

As I said in a previous post, given that Gibson is still having to subsidise the club, even with the cuts we've already made, its scary to think how much further the cost-cutting would have to go, to make the club self-sustaining in League 1.

I'm worried it would be the start of a vicious spiral.

I'm all for the club being self-sustaining and on a sound financial footing, but I think the chairman isn't going about it in the smartest way (in my humble opinion).

I mean, how we could do with that money that was splashed out in that season where we were supposed to "smash the league".

Last but not least, I don't think the quality gap between the Championship & League 1 is as big as you think it it. Look at how Luton played in our first game.

Edited by AnglianRed
4 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Still ... The 50+M thrown at Monk, would have kept us in the PL .. That is so *** annoying, frutrating, hopeless and ***! 

Gibson wanted to get relegated so he could get rid of AK.

I'm enjoying just watching Final Score and pretending to be a neutral.

8 games without a win, 4 games without a goal, 2 points adrift in the relegation zone and no sign of anything getting better.

Cheers Gibson, it's a surprise to nobody but you.

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I find it hard to believe that people think that Gibson actually wants to take us down to L1. 
It would destroy both him and the club financially 

Not so much wants Joe but maybe accepting of our current situation. Lack of action in both Manager and transfer window will go a long way in showing us his planning

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm enjoying just watching Final Score and pretending to be a neutral.

8 games without a win, 4 games without a goal, 2 points adrift in the relegation zone and no sign of anything getting better.

Cheers Gibson, it's a surprise to nobody but you.

I've decided to pretend to be a Toon fan and enjoy their win at West Ham... 🤪