• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 'spend more money' thing is weaponized by people like Vickers and the club it's just a popular generalization used by alot of Boro fans the past 5 years that they love to face imo, going forward t

Hey folks...first time I've done one of these in a long time, so be gentle!     Summary Boro travel to Derby with a realistic chance of getting something from this fixture. W

Boro fans: He should have walked home, he should have walked home, Richard Keogh, he should have walked home

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Gibson situation remains fragile regardless of which league. BORO can offload all of the high earners at the end of this season, and will, but he won’t reap anything because 6 are out of contract. Stay or drop will mean new recruits but they won’t be anything worthwhile, just a head count. Stay up or drop ticket sales will be down as will merchandise. Hard element overheads will remain the same. The clubs value will remain depressed. Gibson ROI will remain elusive. 
It’s been a very steep dive in a very short period of time from Premiership to bottom of the Championship. I wonder if only he had thrown money at staying up would the club be in a better financial position. 

I wonder if our "smash the league" season was Gibson's last-ditch gamble? Maybe getting back into the PL was the club's only shot at financial stability?

When that failed, maybe we were doomed to the drop?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Brunners said:

? He's given the ball away 3 or 4 times, either through poor passes or over running it.

He hasn't given the ball away ALL game.  He's given it away a couple of times, which is less than most of the other players.

Maybe Woody should ask the players where they would prefer to play, give it a go and see what happens.

We could end up with Britt and Fletcher in defence and 8 strikers all clamouring to score a goal:classic_wink:

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

I wonder if our "smash the league" season was Gibson's last-ditch gamble. Maybe getting back into the PL was the club's only shot at financial stability?

When that failed, maybe we were doomed to the drop?

We have the same players as last year. There is nothing inevitable about this, other than Woodgate's lack if competence. 

Just now, Changing Times said:

He hasn't given the ball away ALL game.  He's given it away a couple of times, which is less than most of the other players.

Well hello Mr. Pedantric 🙃

2 minutes ago, Hobo said:

We have the same players as last year. There is nothing inevitable about this, other than Woodgate's lack if competence. 

But you have to ask why we couldn't hang on to Pulis, or bring in another suitably experienced manager?

Why throw a complete rookie into a survival situation?

Just now, DurhamRed said:

So Woodgate has to resign tonight he's failed right he was brought in to get us too score we haven't in 3 3/4 games now. If he has any honour he should stop digging his hole

He won't until Gibson pulls the trigger. He realises he has a comfy job at the moment

12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Just start throwing the kids in the deep end. Test Walker, Burrell, Liddle, Malley, Wood. Can't be any worse.

i said this the other week to my old man. Just play youth. Its a catastrophic season anyway

• Like 3