oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Derby (A) 0-2

This isn't meant to be an 'I told you so post' but this season is just becoming so predictable. As soon as Woodgate was appointed I could see this happening. 

The lad is clearly out of his depth, I don't see how giving a lad with no managerial experience such a tough job was going to work. We tried this with Southgate and the job was too big for him, why did we think it would be any different with Woodgate? 

I'd like to hear something after the game that is slightly more articulate than us 'rolling our sleeves up' or 'looking at ourselves in the mirror', I want to hear how we are going to improve things rather than just hear him talking about 'graft'. Woodgate was asked if the strikers are lacking in confidence and he said he didn't know. Well that's your job to know, you see them every day.  

Gibson is getting everything he deserves and so are the fans who were cheering the appointment of 'Woody' and Leo in the summer. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 'spend more money' thing is weaponized by people like Vickers and the club it's just a popular generalization used by alot of Boro fans the past 5 years that they love to face imo, going forward t

Hey folks...first time I've done one of these in a long time, so be gentle!     Summary Boro travel to Derby with a realistic chance of getting something from this fixture. W

Boro fans: He should have walked home, he should have walked home, Richard Keogh, he should have walked home

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

This isn't meant to be an 'I told you so post' but this season is just becoming so predictable. As soon as Woodgate was appointed I could see this happening. 

The lad is clearly out of his depth, I don't see how giving a lad with no managerial experience such a tough job was going to work. We tried this with Southgate and the job was too big for him, why did we think it would be any different with Woodgate? 

I'd like to hear something after the game that is slightly more articulate than us 'rolling our sleeves up' or 'looking at ourselves in the mirror', I want to hear how we are going to improve things rather than just hear him talking about 'graft'. Woodgate was asked if the strikers are lacking in confidence and he said he didn't know. Well that's your job to know, you see them every day.  

Gibson is getting everything he deserves and so are the fans who were cheering the appointment of 'Woody' and Leo in the summer. 

I'll go one better, this is what the fans who booed Karanka and Monk out of a job deserve. 

1 hour ago, Randy Sandwich said:

I'll go one better, this is what the fans who booed Karanka and Monk out of a job deserve. 

Add Pulis to that!

I was in a privileged situation to what was going on behind the scenes under Pulis and everyone knew he was doing a cracking job under the circumstances. 

The players found his training boring and predictable but they knew what he was brought in to do by Gibson.

Fans need to be careful to what they wish for in the future.

Woodgate is out his depth and should never have been given the opportunity - we all agree on that, but he was the cheap option and is a YES man to the messiah.

From what I have heard he is here to stay unfortunately.

The big licks were interviewed in the summer and they all turned down the opportunity themself because they knew there wasn't any money for the foreseeable.

I warned you all how bad financially we are and what is to come. 

It's the stewards turn now - they have been offered to work on a voluntary basis... WTF? How this club getting run behind the scenes is beyond me?

I am friends with the events manager and we are going to try to use that avenue as much as possible to get some extra income in to support rockcliffe and matchday staff.

Players are turning up late for training - one thing Woody said in his press conferences is that he would tolerate that, however he's been instructed to put it to one side as we don't have any other alternatives to play.

I really really worry what is happening to OUR club and the only reason Gibson isn't coming out to address the fans is because I believe he is embarrassed by all of his mistakes.

Let the asset sale begin.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, Duvel said:

Woodgate was asked if the strikers are lacking in confidence and he said he didn't know. Well that's your job to know, you see them every day.  

From what diggerlad says, it would appear what he can and can't say to his own players is under the scope of what Gibson has control of. So if Woody is asked if his players are lacking confidence by the media, I don't think he's going to say much else. He's the fall guy.

Thank you for the info you are providing @diggerlad07. Much appreciated. 

Do you (or any of the other ITK posters) know or heard any rumours of if hierarchy have a time in mind for when they want results to pick up or they will consider a managerial change? I only ask as our next 3 games are v QPR away and two home games v Hull and a massive one v Barnsley at home. Surely if we are still winless by then JW has to go?

I get he been dealt a poor hand but there is only so much mitigation JW can rely on surely if we are still without a win after the next 3 games?

Just now, TLF10 said:

Thank you for the info you are providing @diggerlad07. Much appreciated. 

Do you (or any of the other ITK posters) know or heard any rumours of if hierarchy have a time in mind for when they want results to pick up or they will consider a managerial change? I only ask as our next 3 games are v QPR away and two home games v Hull and a massive one v Barnsley at home. Surely if we are still winless by then JW has to go?

I get he been dealt a poor hand but there is only so much mitigation JW can rely on surely if we are still without a win after the next 3 games?

Woodgate has the whole season, regardless of results. I wish I was joking.

• Sad 1
6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Woodgate has the whole season, regardless of results. I wish I was joking.

Even if we are in serious danger of being relegated, Denzel? I know there is a threat of relegation currently but am talking about when that risk goes from being a threat to a very real danger? Surely he cant just go on not winning football matches? Has to be a cut off point no?

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Even if we are in serious danger of being relegated, Denzel? I know there is a threat of relegation currently but am talking about when that risk goes from being a threat to a very real danger? Surely he cant just go on not winning football matches? Has to be a cut off point no?

He's been given the whole season to rebuild the squad. Fact is, regardless of results, we can't afford to fire him and hire anyone else. The club is in an absolute shambles when it comes to finances. We'll be playing in League 1 next season, I can almost guarantee it.

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Add Pulis to that!

I was in a privileged situation to what was going on behind the scenes under Pulis and everyone knew he was doing a cracking job under the circumstances. 

The players found his training boring and predictable but they knew what he was brought in to do by Gibson.

Woodgate is out his depth and should never have been given the opportunity - we all agree on that, but he was the cheap option and is a YES man to the messiah.

The big licks were interviewed in the summer and they all turned down the opportunity themself because they knew there wasn't any money for the foreseeable.

It's the stewards turn now - they have been offered to work on a voluntary basis... WTF? How this club getting run behind the scenes is beyond me?

I am friends with the events manager and we are going to try to use that avenue as much as possible to get some extra income in to support rockcliffe and matchday staff.

Players are turning up late for training - one thing Woody said in his press conferences is that he would tolerate that, however he's been instructed to put it to one side as we don't have any other alternatives to play.

I really really worry what is happening to OUR club and the only reason Gibson isn't coming out to address the fans is because I believe he is embarrassed by all of his mistakes.

I can believe what has been stated because it’s obvious the club is self destructing both on and off the field. I also believe the players know what’s going on and basically don’t give a @@@@ and just biding time until they leave. There won’t be much assets to strip to be honest and I don’t think SG wants to carry the burden of a stadium that sucks up money. On that note it will be maximum cut backs and refinancing while looking for the cheapest away out. Let’s be honest I would. 

2 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Add Pulis to that!

'Add Pulis to that' in relation to fans getting what they deserve for booing him.

'I was in a privileged situation to what was going on behind the scenes under Pulis and everyone knew he was doing a cracking job under the circumstances.'

These statements don't add up unless you assume every fan who didn't want Pulis (ie almost all) was in a 'privileged situation' to have known how great Pulis really was. Although in that case, of course, such a position would cease to be privileged.

I appreciate the ITK information but to say the fans are getting what they deserve for being dissatisfied with Pulis is well off the mark. Same goes for any discontent shown for Aitor/Monk at the time. Let's just all agree that the board's string of unbelievably incompetent decisions is at fault for where we are and the fans do not deserve it. Fan unity is about the only thing dragging me through this.

Edited by RealSlimSladeyy
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Add Pulis to that!

Good God - thats one hell of a gloomy picture you're painting there.

Sounds like the club is hanging on by its fingernails off the pitch as well as on it. 😢

14 hours ago, Teacider said:

I think Tony Pulis is available...😂

I would take him back in a heartbeat...unfortunately his sights may be set on a return to Stoke.

The football may have been unappealing, but at least it worked more often than not.

Just thinking, even an old hand like Pulis must have had his work cut out for him, maintaining discipline and morale, given how things have apparently gone to pot since since Woody's appointment.

• Like 1

I appreciate you know more than I do about behind the scenes events Diggerlad, but I cannot fathom how Pulis did a cracking job when he overpaid for crap players we didn't need and completely ignored recruitment for the positions we were desperate for, played dour and negative football with some of the league's best players, soaked up more wages than any manager in our history, and alienated the majority of the fanbsse.

If we end up in League Two, I will never look back at Pulis's reign and think he did a good job, in the same way time has not softened my attitude to other unsuccessful managers. He had a squad good enough for promotion, and 0-0ed his way to 7th in a weak Championship season.

Surely if Pulis had done a cracking job, Woodgate would have started his career with a well-balanced squad high on confidence and able to play attacking football?

Christ I think the worst thing about this whole situation is that people are now thinking that pulis did a good job. How fickle are we? There was one person on this entire board who stuck by pulis at the time, absolutely no one else defended him so you cant just rewrite history.

• Like 1

If Woodgate is here to stay and the players genuinely don’t give a damn because they will be leaving at the end of the season anyway, he’s got to play his 3 new signings and try to build for the future. I think we are certain to go down if we leave things as they are.