oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Derby (A) 0-2

9 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Christ I think the worst thing about this whole situation is that people are now thinking that pulis did a good job. How fickle are we? There was one person on this entire board who stuck by pulis at the time, absolutely no one else defended him so you cant just rewrite history.

I take it that you are referring to me being the one who defended Pulis NB4. I think that I am being proven correct to have stuck by him and I take no pleasure in saying that now. He knew what he was doing and unfortunately absolutely nobody else in the club has a clue.

We are on a slippery slope and Woodgate doesn’t have a brake to stop us.

• Like 1
  • Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 'spend more money' thing is weaponized by people like Vickers and the club it's just a popular generalization used by alot of Boro fans the past 5 years that they love to face imo, going forward t

Hey folks...first time I've done one of these in a long time, so be gentle!     Summary Boro travel to Derby with a realistic chance of getting something from this fixture. W

Boro fans: He should have walked home, he should have walked home, Richard Keogh, he should have walked home

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Christ I think the worst thing about this whole situation is that people are now thinking that pulis did a good job. How fickle are we? There was one person on this entire board who stuck by pulis at the time, absolutely no one else defended him so you cant just rewrite history.

whilst i agree wholeheartedly with your general statement NB4 ,i think it would be more accurate to state that Pulis did neither a good job or a bad job . He did a Pulis job.  we basically got what it says on the tin as did everyone else that employed him.  

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

If Woodgate is here to stay and the players genuinely don’t give a damn because they will be leaving at the end of the season anyway, he’s got to play his 3 new signings and try to build for the future. I think we are certain to go down if we leave things as they are. 

One of those signings is out of contract in the summer and can you see him wanting to stay if we're in League 1? He might as well have stayed with Blackpool.

If we are doing that bad financially why on earth have we sold the big assets, ie Gibson, Traore, De Roon etc? That money hasnt been invested and it's been pointless anyway because of the situation that we are now in?

It feels like Woodgate has no respect from the players and hence we are getting *** performances because they dont care. 

I almost pity him that he has his dream job and it's just not working at all for him. He deserves some of the blame and rightly so. But if Gibson wants to play experimental football in the Championship then he will get what he deserves when they go down. 

Its Southgate all over again with all those signs pointing to the inevitable. But will he have learnt from his mistakes?

I honestly despair. I've just driven an hour and a half with my football team to watch them play their game. On the way I listened to two boro breakdown podcasts and also the post match phone in. The amount of fans that are now pointing fingers at Gibson and asking bigger questions is what we need. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

One of those signings is out of contract in the summer and can you see him wanting to stay if we're in League 1? He might as well have stayed with Blackpool.

If Bola really is on a one year contract (which I still can’t believe) I’m sure it’s up to the club whether the contract is extended. I still find it very hard to believe that we would pay 1,5 million for what would essentially be a one year loan when we apparently turned down Prem loans because of fees. It just doesn’t make any sense at all as Bolas value would be about zero from the moment we paid 1,5 million for him. I don’t think I’ve ever heard about a contract like that before as it’s about the stupidest deal I’ve ever heard. 

• Like 2

Let's run through a scenario we survive come May, you lose Friend/Ayalas wages (45k minimum weekly saving) you lose Howson/Gestede/Johnson (15 million in fees flushed save at least 60k a week between the 3) everyone's then imagining a great 'asset sale' that comes a year late Britt's on track for 10-12 goals in 40 games we'll be lucky to get 5 million for him and Fletcher will be in his final 12 months good luck recouping your money on him. Maybe Howe comes for Tavernier but our coach isn't exactly blossoming our homegrown assets, Randolph will be in his final year which again defies logic why we kept him in the summer it's incompetence fans were howling at the club to hold on to these players there was no sense in doing so unless you believed they'd get promotion.

Bare in mind when you talk about 'asset stripping' that the situation we'll be in with said assets will be so much weaker than we were this summer because we're ran by spineless incompetent cowards. 80% of this board were saying don't sell Randolph don't sell Britt in the summer but they were thinking emotionally those decisions should be made by people who see and know more about a club than we do unfortunately I'm not sure we're ran by people who can think beyond emotion it's a serious problem that to be honest will hold us back from ever achieving serious change or progress financially and beyond.

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Not that it matters but I'm still absolutely delighted we got shot of him, although it's more likely that he simply wouldn't sign a new deal and that Gibson wanted him here again this year.  It's just a shame about everything else we did after that 🙁

19 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Not that it matters but I'm still absolutely delighted we got shot of him, although it's more likely that he simply wouldn't sign a new deal and that Gibson wanted him here again this year.  It's just a shame about everything else we did after that 🙁

I think what we did after that is hugely driven by the failure of his tenure too. I don't see how it would get much better having him here again. Sure, we'd probably avoid relegation and finish comfortably mid-table but playing some of the worst football the club has ever seen and that's something the fans absolutely would not have stood for, despite the goings on behind the scenes leading to it. The only reason anybody even remotely wants him back is with the hindsight of what has actually followed, wrongly believing that we were (or are) in a position to hire anyone but the cheap option.

20 hours ago, Borodane said:

If Bola really is on a one year contract (which I still can’t believe) I’m sure it’s up to the club whether the contract is extended. I still find it very hard to believe that we would pay 1,5 million for what would essentially be a one year loan when we apparently turned down Prem loans because of fees. It just doesn’t make any sense at all as Bolas value would be about zero from the moment we paid 1,5 million for him. I don’t think I’ve ever heard about a contract like that before as it’s about the stupidest deal I’ve ever heard. 

He wasn’t 1.5million.

23 hours ago, Essuuaitch said:

whilst i agree wholeheartedly with your general statement NB4 ,i think it would be more accurate to state that Pulis did neither a good job or a bad job . He did a Pulis job.  we basically got what it says on the tin as did everyone else that employed him.  

Exactly.

I'll hold my hands up and admit I gave Pulis stick about the type of football we played. But at the end of the day, he is one of those managers you get in to steady the ship and instill some organisation.

He's got clubs promoted before and given the money we spent, you can fairly argue we should have at least made the play-offs. But as is always the way, the players themselves have to shoulder some of the blame for the way we petered out in the last 6 games or so.

But did Pulis steady the ship .. When he took over, we were just outside the play off spots and had a still happy Braithwaite and other quality players ... 

If a Jockanowich type of manager had been given that half a season .. we might have been promoted, which would have fixed a lot of economic trouble for the club.. 

Gibson has a tendency of pulling the hand break at the wrong times .. The January window when we were a prem team .. And when Monk turned out a failure .. 

Karanka should have had the 50m, not Monk. 

But when Monk had splashed the cash .. we shouldn't have pulled the hand break with Pulis .. We should have hired a quality offensive manager who would have taken us up! If that failed .. then we could pull the handbreak .. 10-20 m more that season .. on a quality manager and maybe a winger, wouldn't have been worse than giving Pulis the most expensive salary in the history of Boro!

• Like 1
On 11/3/2019 at 10:20 AM, diggerlad07 said:

Add Pulis to that!

I was in a privileged situation to what was going on behind the scenes under Pulis and everyone knew he was doing a cracking job under the circumstances. 

The players found his training boring and predictable but they knew what he was brought in to do by Gibson.

Fans need to be careful to what they wish for in the future.

Woodgate is out his depth and should never have been given the opportunity - we all agree on that, but he was the cheap option and is a YES man to the messiah.

From what I have heard he is here to stay unfortunately.

The big licks were interviewed in the summer and they all turned down the opportunity themself because they knew there wasn't any money for the foreseeable.

I warned you all how bad financially we are and what is to come. 

It's the stewards turn now - they have been offered to work on a voluntary basis... WTF? How this club getting run behind the scenes is beyond me?

I am friends with the events manager and we are going to try to use that avenue as much as possible to get some extra income in to support rockcliffe and matchday staff.

Players are turning up late for training - one thing Woody said in his press conferences is that he would tolerate that, however he's been instructed to put it to one side as we don't have any other alternatives to play.

I really really worry what is happening to OUR club and the only reason Gibson isn't coming out to address the fans is because I believe he is embarrassed by all of his mistakes.

Let the asset sale begin.

I've heard Randolp has fell out with some payers and wants to leave, do you know if there's any truth in that? 

23 hours ago, Changing Times said:

It's more of a shame that the club got itself into a situation that meant Pulis was the answer. 

Pulis was never the answer to the Monk debacle. His transfer record alone testifies to that. We needed a Chris Hughton-type figure at the time - someone good at getting teams with attacking potential out of the Championship. All Pulis knew how to do was keep teams in the Premier League - Stoke, WBA, etc. He didn't have a clue how to play for a win, which was encapsulated in the pathetic Villa play-off semi-final.

If Pulis had taken over when Karanka was sacked, we might still be in the Premier League. But appointing him after Monk was yet another misstep by Gibson.

• Like 3