oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Derby (A) 0-2

3 hours ago, Randy Sandwich said:

I've heard Randolp has fell out with some payers and wants to leave, do you know if there's any truth in that? 

I posted a few days ago that I believe the club are looking to sell Randolph which is why Pears has been thrown in instead of Mejias, to get him used to being #1 choice as he's got a bright future here. I'm not saying Randolph's injury is a cover....but we have seen the club do this before.

• Sad 1
  • Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 'spend more money' thing is weaponized by people like Vickers and the club it's just a popular generalization used by alot of Boro fans the past 5 years that they love to face imo, going forward t

Hey folks...first time I've done one of these in a long time, so be gentle!     Summary Boro travel to Derby with a realistic chance of getting something from this fixture. W

Boro fans: He should have walked home, he should have walked home, Richard Keogh, he should have walked home

Posted Images

How did Pears perform on the day?

The text coverage of the match was terrible by the club, did he actually make any notable saves? He had nothing to do in the previous two games, so I'm not sure if he's any good.

I'd sell Randolph for a profit if Pears proves to be solid. Randolph is brilliant for us, but he's a valuable asset and the club's financial situation sounds more and more worrying by the day.

22 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I posted a few days ago that I believe the club are looking to sell Randolph which is why Pears has been thrown in instead of Mejias, to get him used to being #1 choice as he's got a bright future here. I'm not saying Randolph's injury is a cover....but we have seen the club do this before.

Cheers for the info - I haven't been on much or read much so I must have missed it. 

15 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

How did Pears perform on the day?

The text coverage of the match was terrible by the club, did he actually make any notable saves? He had nothing to do in the previous two games, so I'm not sure if he's any good.

I'd sell Randolph for a profit if Pears proves to be solid. Randolph is brilliant for us, but he's a valuable asset and the club's financial situation sounds more and more worrying by the day.

Pears should have saved the first one imo, but otherwise he looks a solid prospect. Seems to claim things well and doesn't look like he's afraid to talk to his defence.

Hasn't really had to make any saves in any of his games so far, beyond the two he conceded that is. Mostly everything has been straight at him.

Randolph out of all our squad is probably one of the most ardent professionals. I'd be very surprised to hear he was out of the team for anything but an injury. I can't imagine Woodgate is happy without him in the team, however promising Pears is.

• Like 1

If the financial situation is as bad as it's being reported I think we'll be trying very hard to ship Randolph and Britt out in January. I'm not sure we can risk them going into the last 12 months of a contract. 

3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Randolph is 100% injured. Not that I have a problem with playing Pears over Mejias. He's been good and will only improve.

For me Fry, Saville, Tav and Assombalonga are playing awful. I'd be looking at every-way possible to get them out the starting line up. Changing the shape, playing more youth lads, whatever it takes.

Fry is costing us so many goals. He loses his man, gets pushed off the ball and has an awful first touch.

Saville has literally no positives. He's like a lead weight around the teams neck. Slow, can't pass, can't tackle, weak. Play Malley - he couldn't do worse.

Tav gives the ball away all the time, can't tackle for a midfielder and lacks any sort of composure.

Assombalonga is beyond out-of-form. I hate seeing him fall down all the *** time, either diving or over his own feet. He ruins so many forward movements with lazy lazy play.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Brunners said:

Pears should have saved the first one imo, but otherwise he looks a solid prospect. Seems to claim things well and doesn't look like he's afraid to talk to his defence.

Hasn't really had to make any saves in any of his games so far, beyond the two he conceded that is. Mostly everything has been straight at him.

Derby game he made quite a few good saves. There was one with his feet which was very impressive.

Noticed during the Huddersfield game that he seemed very reluctant to pass to his defenders and would just launch the ball up the pitch every chance he got. Doesn’t really fit in with what Woodgate is trying to play

14 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Derby game he made quite a few good saves. There was one with his feet which was very impressive.

***, in that case I've just blocked out more of it than I thought because I can't actually remember anything haha.

Although to be fair, I didn't watch the final 10 minutes cause I was too sad about the state of the club.

47 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Randolph is 100% injured. Not that I have a problem with playing Pears over Mejias. He's been good and will only improve.

For me Fry, Saville, Tav and Assombalonga are playing awful. I'd be looking at every-way possible to get them out the starting line up. Changing the shape, playing more youth lads, whatever it takes.

Fry is costing us so many goals. He loses his man, gets pushed off the ball and has an awful first touch.

Saville has literally no positives. He's like a lead weight around the teams neck. Slow, can't pass, can't tackle, weak. Play Malley - he couldn't do worse.

Tav gives the ball away all the time, can't tackle for a midfielder and lacks any sort of composure.

Assombalonga is beyond out-of-form. I hate seeing him fall down all the *** time, either diving or over his own feet. He ruins so many forward movements with lazy lazy play.

Tavernier is playing ok as is Fry.  Tavernier doesn't give the ball away all of the time (2nd highest passing accuracy in the squad I think) just as Fry wasn't giving the ball away all of the time on the weekend when you said that then.  I was going to say that you should try watching the games but to be honest you're better off not watching them like you seem to be at the present time.  Ayala was at fault on the weekend for the first goal and Fry was trying to get across for the second while he was marking someone else.  If you want to blame someone for that then try McNair and Howson who can both see Lawrence but McNair moves away from him and Howson just can't get back in time.  I don't think you've ever said a good word about either Tavernier or Fry on here whatever reason.  Assombalonga has zero confidence (and isn't playing well) and Saville is just Saville.  He's probably less than fully committed when he knows we've been trying to shift him a year after signing him so you're not likely to get barnstorming performances from him even if he was capable of them, which I kinda doubt.

As for Randolph, he's on a lot of money and has some value so of course we'll try to move him.  Whether there will be the interest I don't know.

What a sad state of affairs.

I used to be a car nut but I knew when a job was too big and when to call in a professional. I do wish the owner could do likewise but maybe that's a comment for another thread.

Reading your comments in this thread guys just makes me think Boro are in a very sorry state.

• Like 1