oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Derby (A) 0-2

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

Players have already been thrown under a bus twice this season vs Crewe and Wednesday but I can hear the engine rumbling again already...

We have been playing with 10 men from the half hour mark to be fair.  I don't know if he'll blame the players but it would be fair to suggest that the sending off made it more difficult for us.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 'spend more money' thing is weaponized by people like Vickers and the club it's just a popular generalization used by alot of Boro fans the past 5 years that they love to face imo, going forward t

Hey folks...first time I've done one of these in a long time, so be gentle!     Summary Boro travel to Derby with a realistic chance of getting something from this fixture. W

Boro fans: He should have walked home, he should have walked home, Richard Keogh, he should have walked home

Posted Images

Just now, Changing Times said:

We have been playing with 10 men from the half hour mark to be fair.  I don't know if he'll blame the players but it would be fair to suggest that the sending off made it more difficult for us.

Give over, we were already losing and how often do we come back when conceding first?

• Like 1

We've given it a good go. Sometimes things arent meant to be. Dont make Woodgate the next HS2. When all the evidence points towards the inevitable, we will still plough on with Woodgate because we "have to give him time" or that we've "invested in his philosophy". 

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yes and this works both way as far as Boro are concerned, we can never win can we?

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Give over, we were already losing and how often do we come back when conceding first?

Yeah I see that but I'm saying at 1-0 down and then playing with 10 men for an hour, you aren't in a strong position are you?  If Woodgate doesn't mention that I'd be amazed.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Not so far, no.  Why would it work though?  What about this group would make people feel optimistic?

Fact they nearly made playoffs last year. Players not good enough argument isn't valid for me.

• Like 1
Just now, Changing Times said:

Not so far, no.  Why would it work though?  What about this group would make people feel optimistic?

Well it felt fresh, Woody sold to us a new philosophy of playing and the club managed to get Keane as his assistant who seemed to be quite well regarded in the ROI setup.

The sad fact is our players aren't good enough to play the way Woody wanted us to and Woody himself isn't experienced enough to have a backup plan.

Just now, nunthorpered said:

Fact they nearly made playoffs last year. Players not good enough argument isn't valid for me.

I meant the coaching staff rather than the players.  What about that group would have made people feel optimistic in the summer?  However, the squad needed work in the summer either way and it wasn't done.

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Lots of people on here seemed to be quite happy with the coaching staff we put together in the summer.  

I think most people were of the opinion that they did not want Woodgate, but once he got the job they got behind him because it was counterproductive to do anything else. Despite all evidence indicating he was not the man for the job, once he got it what else can a fan do but try support it? That's how I felt and that was the impression I got from other people supporting Woodgate/ Keane etc.

• Like 3