• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 'spend more money' thing is weaponized by people like Vickers and the club it's just a popular generalization used by alot of Boro fans the past 5 years that they love to face imo, going forward t

Hey folks...first time I've done one of these in a long time, so be gentle!     Summary Boro travel to Derby with a realistic chance of getting something from this fixture. W

Boro fans: He should have walked home, he should have walked home, Richard Keogh, he should have walked home

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I meant the coaching staff rather than the players.  What about that group would have made people feel optimistic in the summer?  However, the squad needed work in the summer either way and it wasn't done.

Yeah agree on both counts mate. Too many decisions made with the heart and not the head this season. 

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Well it felt fresh, Woody sold to us a new philosophy of playing and the club managed to get Keane as his assistant who seemed to be quite well regarded in the ROI setup.

The sad fact is our players aren't good enough to play the way Woody wanted us to and Woody himself isn't experienced enough to have a backup plan.

It felt cheap and kinda parochial to me but there you go.

A problem with the idea he'll be sacked, this presumes competent club leadership for a start aha, is Gibson knows sacking his buddy Woody who he moved heaven and earth to sign from Madrid and gave him a sweetheart retirement contract well sacking him ends Woodgate's management career anywhere near this level and because we're ran on a chairman's sentiment and feelings we wont see Woodgate gone unless we're cut badly adrift.

'The league table lies' sums up the gutless cowards we have running this club reality's an inconvenience, financial realities only matter if it's Downing everything else we cant take a penny less than what we demand good luck getting 7 million for Britt at this point the whole hierarchy are responsible it's reprehensible the decisions and justifications they've made in the past 5 months.

• Like 2

What more is there to say. It's absolutely miserable being a Boro fan right now. We're abject and appalling, and all the signs suggest it's going to stay that way for some time. 

Gibson spent so much time chasing the EFL and our opponents today over FFP matters it seeks like he's forgotten he runs a football club. 

Fans still sing his name, and say how much of a king he is, yet the disdain shown to the fans is miserable. 

As for Woodgate, what improvements are there? We don't score, we don't defend we don't do anything.

We've got a back room full of inexperience, and a circus clown for good measure. We're so tactically inept it's unreal. 

The fans of Derby will be taking great pleasure in tonights result that's for sure. 

So so horrible given how far eve managed to sink from the promotion season 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

Chris hughton before Stoke get him

Apparently he wasn't even a consideration after Pulis left.

As others have said, you'd be hard-pressed to find a competent manager (at least of Hughton's calibre) who'd come to a club in deep trouble, with a chairman who doesn't want to spend...

There is probably someone out there...but it won't be anyone most of us will have heard of.

7 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

Chris hughton before Stoke get him

Right Chris, we’ve got no money, in the relegation zone and the entire squad is up for sale 

still interested?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

It felt cheap and kinda parochial to me but there you go.

This is where I'll now have to agree with you. I made a post at the time about how I couldn't be arsed being cynical about the state of our club anymore. I wanted to believe the changes we stated we wanted to make were genuine, and that the club would pursue them to the best of their ability. Our stingy dealings in the transfer market highlighted to me that getting Woodgate in was simply the cheap option, our declaration of a new direction a hollow promise. As the season has progressed, that sentiment has only gotten stronger. In hindsight, getting Woodgate in the first place probably told me all I needed to know but I wanted to feel good about the club again. Feel like a fool for the confidence I had in the club.

• Like 3