Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
AnglianRed

Boro vs Derby (A) 0-2

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Randy Sandwich said:

I've heard Randolp has fell out with some payers and wants to leave, do you know if there's any truth in that? 

I posted a few days ago that I believe the club are looking to sell Randolph which is why Pears has been thrown in instead of Mejias, to get him used to being #1 choice as he's got a bright future here. I'm not saying Randolph's injury is a cover....but we have seen the club do this before.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did Pears perform on the day?

The text coverage of the match was terrible by the club, did he actually make any notable saves? He had nothing to do in the previous two games, so I'm not sure if he's any good.

I'd sell Randolph for a profit if Pears proves to be solid. Randolph is brilliant for us, but he's a valuable asset and the club's financial situation sounds more and more worrying by the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I posted a few days ago that I believe the club are looking to sell Randolph which is why Pears has been thrown in instead of Mejias, to get him used to being #1 choice as he's got a bright future here. I'm not saying Randolph's injury is a cover....but we have seen the club do this before.

Cheers for the info - I haven't been on much or read much so I must have missed it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

Cheers for the info - I haven't been on much or read much so I must have missed it. 

I'm not ITK at all, this is just my personal feelings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

How did Pears perform on the day?

The text coverage of the match was terrible by the club, did he actually make any notable saves? He had nothing to do in the previous two games, so I'm not sure if he's any good.

I'd sell Randolph for a profit if Pears proves to be solid. Randolph is brilliant for us, but he's a valuable asset and the club's financial situation sounds more and more worrying by the day.

Pears should have saved the first one imo, but otherwise he looks a solid prospect. Seems to claim things well and doesn't look like he's afraid to talk to his defence.

Hasn't really had to make any saves in any of his games so far, beyond the two he conceded that is. Mostly everything has been straight at him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Randolph out of all our squad is probably one of the most ardent professionals. I'd be very surprised to hear he was out of the team for anything but an injury. I can't imagine Woodgate is happy without him in the team, however promising Pears is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the financial situation is as bad as it's being reported I think we'll be trying very hard to ship Randolph and Britt out in January. I'm not sure we can risk them going into the last 12 months of a contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be surprised to see us trying to ship Randolph out in January but there would surely be no reason for him to be out right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know he's been terrible this season, but you'd think clubs would be sniffing around Jack Butland in January too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I posted a few days ago that I believe the club are looking to sell Randolph which is why Pears has been thrown in instead of Mejias, to get him used to being #1 choice as he's got a bright future here. I'm not saying Randolph's injury is a cover....but we have seen the club do this before.

Randolph is 100% injured. Not that I have a problem with playing Pears over Mejias. He's been good and will only improve.

For me Fry, Saville, Tav and Assombalonga are playing awful. I'd be looking at every-way possible to get them out the starting line up. Changing the shape, playing more youth lads, whatever it takes.

Fry is costing us so many goals. He loses his man, gets pushed off the ball and has an awful first touch.

Saville has literally no positives. He's like a lead weight around the teams neck. Slow, can't pass, can't tackle, weak. Play Malley - he couldn't do worse.

Tav gives the ball away all the time, can't tackle for a midfielder and lacks any sort of composure.

Assombalonga is beyond out-of-form. I hate seeing him fall down all the *** time, either diving or over his own feet. He ruins so many forward movements with lazy lazy play.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brunners said:

Pears should have saved the first one imo, but otherwise he looks a solid prospect. Seems to claim things well and doesn't look like he's afraid to talk to his defence.

Hasn't really had to make any saves in any of his games so far, beyond the two he conceded that is. Mostly everything has been straight at him.

Derby game he made quite a few good saves. There was one with his feet which was very impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed during the Huddersfield game that he seemed very reluctant to pass to his defenders and would just launch the ball up the pitch every chance he got. Doesn’t really fit in with what Woodgate is trying to play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Derby game he made quite a few good saves. There was one with his feet which was very impressive.

***, in that case I've just blocked out more of it than I thought because I can't actually remember anything haha.

Although to be fair, I didn't watch the final 10 minutes cause I was too sad about the state of the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Randolph is 100% injured. Not that I have a problem with playing Pears over Mejias. He's been good and will only improve.

For me Fry, Saville, Tav and Assombalonga are playing awful. I'd be looking at every-way possible to get them out the starting line up. Changing the shape, playing more youth lads, whatever it takes.

Fry is costing us so many goals. He loses his man, gets pushed off the ball and has an awful first touch.

Saville has literally no positives. He's like a lead weight around the teams neck. Slow, can't pass, can't tackle, weak. Play Malley - he couldn't do worse.

Tav gives the ball away all the time, can't tackle for a midfielder and lacks any sort of composure.

Assombalonga is beyond out-of-form. I hate seeing him fall down all the *** time, either diving or over his own feet. He ruins so many forward movements with lazy lazy play.

Tavernier is playing ok as is Fry.  Tavernier doesn't give the ball away all of the time (2nd highest passing accuracy in the squad I think) just as Fry wasn't giving the ball away all of the time on the weekend when you said that then.  I was going to say that you should try watching the games but to be honest you're better off not watching them like you seem to be at the present time.  Ayala was at fault on the weekend for the first goal and Fry was trying to get across for the second while he was marking someone else.  If you want to blame someone for that then try McNair and Howson who can both see Lawrence but McNair moves away from him and Howson just can't get back in time.  I don't think you've ever said a good word about either Tavernier or Fry on here whatever reason.  Assombalonga has zero confidence (and isn't playing well) and Saville is just Saville.  He's probably less than fully committed when he knows we've been trying to shift him a year after signing him so you're not likely to get barnstorming performances from him even if he was capable of them, which I kinda doubt.

As for Randolph, he's on a lot of money and has some value so of course we'll try to move him.  Whether there will be the interest I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a sad state of affairs.

I used to be a car nut but I knew when a job was too big and when to call in a professional. I do wish the owner could do likewise but maybe that's a comment for another thread.

Reading your comments in this thread guys just makes me think Boro are in a very sorry state.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...