oneBoro Forum

Rudy Gestede and the on-going injury saga.

3 hours ago, pokeyjoe said:

Boro version of Rodwell 😫

Faking injury so no sympathy regards his contract from me 🤨 not exactly busting a gut to get in the team is he

I very much doubt he is faking injury

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was actually thinking the other day about whether we should try Gestede and Britt up front together. With almost zero creativity in the team it might have been an option to go route one and I think

Gestede looked a risky signing when we signed him in January 2017 so it's little wonder how badly the move has turned out. £6 million fee and probably £30k+ a week wages for three and a half years mak

So it's a baseless accusation then, because he's not in the squad very often he must be faking injury, well done on making that jump. I'd love to understand the link between him and Rodwell here, Rodw

Posted Images

Id imagine he is in the difficult situation of:

He wants to play and possibly convince someone to offer him a contract in the summer

He gets injured easily and doesnt want to risk being injured when his contract expires

He gets booed by his own fans

He was dead to me after missing that header vs Swansea in our prem days where we drew 0-0.

Just at the end after Negredo's quality pass. 

But yeah, worst decision to sign him. You wonder if we'd gone for someone who we all identified in that window what might have been...

I wonder who came up with Gestede..

6 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

That's a pretty strong accusation, saying he's faking an injury, I assume there's something to back that up @pokeyjoe?

If he isnt faking then maybe football isnt for him anymore, maybe he could try flower arranging

The staggering amount of injuries this bloke has apparentely had leads me to think he has no intention of putting on a Boro shirt again on a matchday

I cannot help but see the uncanny similarities with Rodwell who seems to doinv OK now 🤔 he left the Mackems and bled them for as much as possible 

Maybe i,m wrong 

2 minutes ago, pokeyjoe said:

If he isnt faking then maybe football isnt for him anymore, maybe he could try flower arranging

The staggering amount of injuries this bloke has apparentely had leads me to think he has no intention of putting on a Boro shirt again on a matchday

I cannot help but see the uncanny similarities with Rodwell who seems to doinv OK now 🤔 he left the Mackems and bled them for as much as possible 

Maybe i,m wrong 

So it's a baseless accusation then, because he's not in the squad very often he must be faking injury, well done on making that jump. I'd love to understand the link between him and Rodwell here, Rodwell is currently without a club, he's hardly 'doing OK now'. The only link is that nobody else would pay him what he was earning and that's not down to either player, that's down to ridiculous spending from both us and Sunderland respectively.

As far as I can tell, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the lad's personal motivation to get in the team. He keeps getting injured and keeps coming back into the squad around the right time you'd expect. But hey, considering the lad gets booed onto a pitch when he does turn up, God knows why he would want to fight to get back for anything other than his wage. It could even be that not all of his injuries are physical conditions and that actually, it's pretty depressing to come to work and get shouted at non-stop and get called a donkey and all-sorts.

By all accounts I've seen from him, he's a good human being and I think some of the treatment he gets is beyond ridiculous. He slipped up at Newport but again, you give someone that level abuse over a long time and the credit is with the guy who doesn't absolutely flip, it doesn't immediately make them a wrong-un.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

So it's a baseless accusation then, because he's not in the squad very often he must be faking injury, well done on making that jump. I'd love to understand the link between him and Rodwell here, Rodwell is currently without a club, he's hardly 'doing OK now'. The only link is that nobody else would pay him what he was earning and that's not down to either player, that's down to ridiculous spending from both us and Sunderland respectively.

As far as I can tell, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the lad's personal motivation to get in the team. He keeps getting injured and keeps coming back into the squad around the right time you'd expect. But hey, considering the lad gets booed onto a pitch when he does turn up, God knows why he would want to fight to get back for anything other than his wage. It could even be that not all of his injuries are physical conditions and that actually, it's pretty depressing to come to work and get shouted at non-stop and get called a donkey and all-sorts.

By all accounts I've seen from him, he's a good human being and I think some of the treatment he gets is beyond ridiculous. He slipped up at Newport but again, you give someone that level abuse over a long time and the credit is with the guy who doesn't absolutely flip, it doesn't immediately make them a wrong-un.

Wow thats some rant youve got

I have my opinion of this sorry situation of a player who seems to get injured lacing his boots these days and without any doubt you have yours

If i have offended you Mr Gestede sorry Wilson feel free to vent your anger to the many many thousands of Boro fans who see this bloke as a total fraud of a fiotballer even when he is fit

But he is a nice guy so thats alright 

Jesus wept 🙄

Except you didn't spell it out as an opinion to begin with, did you. You simply said he is faking injury. With nothing to base it on other than thinking it's a bit like one other player who may have done the exact same thing, which is a tenuous link at best. You're tarring him with the same brush surely for no other reason than he's a footballer who has contributed very little to our club and if the thousands of supporters of fans who see him as a total fraud started pointing the finger in the direction of the person actually responsible for that rather than booing him on and off the pitch and giving him abuse based on made up facts, maybe something would change.