Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Downsouth

Rudy Gestede and the on-going injury saga.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, pokeyjoe said:

Boro version of Rodwell¬†ūüėę

Faking injury so no sympathy regards his contract from me¬†ūü§®¬†not exactly busting a gut to get in the team is he

I very much doubt he is faking injury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id imagine he is in the difficult situation of:

 

He wants to play and possibly convince someone to offer him a contract in the summer

He gets injured easily and doesnt want to risk being injured when his contract expires

He gets booed by his own fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a pretty strong accusation, saying he's faking an injury, I assume there's something to back that up @pokeyjoe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

That's a pretty strong accusation, saying he's faking an injury, I assume there's something to back that up @pokeyjoe?

Tbf it may well be true, he is a consummate actor, he’s be been able to convince people he’s a footballer for the past decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was dead to me after missing that header vs Swansea in our prem days where we drew 0-0.

Just at the end after Negredo's quality pass. 

But yeah, worst decision to sign him. You wonder if we'd gone for someone who we all identified in that window what might have been...

I wonder who came up with Gestede..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember that miss ūüėě

What a turning point it could have been. We really have had so many abysmal centre forwards at this club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knowing our club he probably has a clause saying he gets a 2 year extension if he makes another appearance. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

Knowing our club he probably has a clause saying he gets a 2 year extension if he makes another appearance. 

If he sticks around long enough then he might get a go at being manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has Benin and out of the team, cause he has Benin jured...

I'll find the door myself, thank you...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

That's a pretty strong accusation, saying he's faking an injury, I assume there's something to back that up @pokeyjoe?

If he isnt faking then maybe football isnt for him anymore, maybe he could try flower arranging

The staggering amount of injuries this bloke has apparentely had leads me to think he has no intention of putting on a Boro shirt again on a matchday

I cannot help but see the uncanny similarities with Rodwell who seems to doinv OK now¬†ūü§Ē he left the¬†Mackems and bled them for as much as possible¬†

Maybe i,m wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pokeyjoe said:

If he isnt faking then maybe football isnt for him anymore, maybe he could try flower arranging

The staggering amount of injuries this bloke has apparentely had leads me to think he has no intention of putting on a Boro shirt again on a matchday

I cannot help but see the uncanny similarities with Rodwell who seems to doinv OK now¬†ūü§Ē he left the¬†Mackems and bled them for as much as possible¬†

Maybe i,m wrong 

So it's a baseless accusation then, because he's not in the squad very often he must be faking injury, well done on making that jump. I'd love to understand the link between him and Rodwell here, Rodwell is currently without a club, he's hardly 'doing OK now'. The only link is that nobody else would pay him what he was earning and that's not down to either player, that's down to ridiculous spending from both us and Sunderland respectively.

As far as I can tell, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the lad's personal motivation to get in the team. He keeps getting injured and keeps coming back into the squad around the right time you'd expect. But hey, considering the lad gets booed onto a pitch when he does turn up, God knows why he would want to fight to get back for anything other than his wage. It could even be that not all of his injuries are physical conditions and that actually, it's pretty depressing to come to work and get shouted at non-stop and get called a donkey and all-sorts.

By all accounts I've seen from him, he's a good human being and I think some of the treatment he gets is beyond ridiculous. He slipped up at Newport but again, you give someone that level abuse over a long time and the credit is with the guy who doesn't absolutely flip, it doesn't immediately make them a wrong-un.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

He has Benin and out of the team, cause he has Benin jured...

I'll find the door myself, thank you...

ūü§¶‚Äć‚ôāÔłŹūü§≠ūüėÄ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

So it's a baseless accusation then, because he's not in the squad very often he must be faking injury, well done on making that jump. I'd love to understand the link between him and Rodwell here, Rodwell is currently without a club, he's hardly 'doing OK now'. The only link is that nobody else would pay him what he was earning and that's not down to either player, that's down to ridiculous spending from both us and Sunderland respectively.

As far as I can tell, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the lad's personal motivation to get in the team. He keeps getting injured and keeps coming back into the squad around the right time you'd expect. But hey, considering the lad gets booed onto a pitch when he does turn up, God knows why he would want to fight to get back for anything other than his wage. It could even be that not all of his injuries are physical conditions and that actually, it's pretty depressing to come to work and get shouted at non-stop and get called a donkey and all-sorts.

By all accounts I've seen from him, he's a good human being and I think some of the treatment he gets is beyond ridiculous. He slipped up at Newport but again, you give someone that level abuse over a long time and the credit is with the guy who doesn't absolutely flip, it doesn't immediately make them a wrong-un.

Wow thats some rant youve got

I have my opinion of this sorry situation of a player who seems to get injured lacing his boots these days and without any doubt you have yours

If i have offended you Mr Gestede sorry Wilson feel free to vent your anger to the many many thousands of Boro fans who see this bloke as a total fraud of a fiotballer even when he is fit

But he is a nice guy so thats alright 

 

Jesus wept¬†ūüôĄ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Except you didn't spell it out as an opinion to begin with, did you. You simply said he is faking injury. With nothing to base it on other than thinking it's a bit like one other player who may have done the exact same thing, which is a tenuous link at best. You're tarring him with the same brush surely for no other reason than he's a footballer who has contributed very little to our club and if the thousands of supporters of fans who see him as a total fraud started pointing the finger in the direction of the person actually responsible for that rather than booing him on and off the pitch and giving him abuse based on made up facts, maybe something would change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

ūü§¶‚Äć‚ôāÔłŹūü§≠ūüėÄ

That counts as a like ūüėČ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Latest Posts

    • H Barnsley¬† v¬† Q.P.R. H Brentford¬† v¬† Fulham. D Bristol Cty¬† v¬† Blackburn. H Derby¬† v¬† Millwall. H Leeds¬† v¬† Cardiff. D Nott For:¬† v¬† Sheff Wed: H P.N.E¬† v¬† Luton. H Stoke¬† v¬† Reading. H Swansea¬† v¬† Middlesbro: (None) D Wigan¬† v¬† Huddersfield.
    • Boro flashback this day 1984 14th of December seen an OG from Shrewsburys MacLaren, not that one, share the points at Ayresome Park as we drew our 2nd division fixture 1-1 with Shrewsbury Town Peter Beagrie was named as No 12 for the 3rd time this season Boro team Kelham O' Hanlon Gary Hamilton¬† Paul Ward - back after missing 4 games Mick Buckley Tony Mowbray Irving Nattrass Alan Roberts David Mills Heine Otto David Currie Tony McAndrew Sub - Peter Beagrie ¬†
    • Boro flashback this day back in 1974 On the 14th December Tom Patterson made his one & only Boro 1st team appearance when the Boro entertained Birmingham at Ayresome Park¬† Reserve player Alan Willey had made 8 appearences as CF, 4 of those starting, big Jack was trying out Patterson, who was performing well for the reserves, to challenge AW if Boro legend John Hickton misses a game Back to the Birmingham game, Patterson started this game in place of Alan Willey¬† Boro won 3-0 with an attendance of 23,737¬† seen goals from Alan Foggon, a John Hickton penalty & a page OG Boro had played 3 home games in 7 days, Ipswich Town saturday, Leicester City midweek & Birmingham, all 3 teams played in identical blue strip & all 3 left with the identical goals defeat Alan Foggon had scored in all 3 games Bobby Murdoch made a return to the starting line up after missing 3 games Big Jacks named team Jim Platt John Craggs Frank Spraggon Graeme Souness Stuey Boam Willie Madden Bobby Murdoch John Hickton Tom Patterson Alan Foggon Davey Armstrong Sub-Malcolm Smith ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†
    • Personally think not offering Ayala and Howson new deals would be a massive mistake. Ayala has been a rock in a poor defence and how many games has Howson performed below a 7/10, I can‚Äôt remember too many. I‚Äôve heard both really enjoy being at the club so that could be a boost.¬†
    • Well the NHS has been a recurring bugbear of pretty much every government over the last 20-plus years. Its such a leviathan of an organisation, faced with ever-increasing demands and there is nearly always a crisis of some sort...access to GPs, ambulance response times, cost / availability of drugs, operation waiting times, bed shortages, staffing shortages, to name just a few. While I'm quite happy to pay a bit more in income tax, National Insurance or whatever, I just don't think the current system is sustainable in the long term (especially with the aforementioned growing & ageing population). You can't just keep throwing ever increasing amounts¬†of money at it. It already¬†accounts for around 20% of all government¬†spending. The NHS was founded on a post-war model, when the population (hence demand) was far lower, wages and costs of providing services were comparatively lower. I genuinely think that at some point in the not-too-distant future, a massive overhaul will need to happen. Both to speed up &¬†simplify the whole process from requiring treatment, to receiving it, as well as ensuring we have adequate¬†staff & facilities. I'm thinking some additional taxation may have to be brought in. Or perhaps hospitals and surgeries can start being sponsored by drug companies and we'll have to get used to seeing GSK and Wellcome posters both outside and inside. Maybe they can start selling ad space on CT scanners, so that they end up looking like¬†F1 cars? ¬† Anyway, after all that waffling, I think what I wanted to say is that I'll settle for some minor improvements, rather than expecting any radical changes.
×
×
  • Create New...