oneBoro Forum

Who was our worst-ever signing?

2 hours ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Tiendalli or Kike Sola. 

Tiendalli was just absolutely horrific and got absolutely mullered. Kike Sola played 45 minutes and I don't think he actually win a single header or did anything with the ball at his feet. Never before have I ever been relieved that someone was hooked at half time. 

Great shouts! 2015 Was more annoying because it felt like we just needed that extra bit of quality to get us over the line and all we managed was tiendalli.

• Like 1
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Need to look at overall cost, transfer and wages, the era they were purchased, the years service we got or didn't, as well as just pure ability and impact.  Also how they impacted the other players an

Worst signing? Our head of recruitment. He’s been like a defender making own goals every match. 

No matter what category you carry out for your worst signing, mine of 47 years following the Boro is also Gestsde, everything that is wrong in a footballer is right there with him

19 minutes ago, thomas said:

Alex Baptiste 2 years at the club, 1 cup appearance in that time and injured the rest. 

Harsh to criticise him for it considering he had his leg broken in two places within 20 minutes of his first appearance in a Boro shirt.

We were then promoted and brought in a load of foreign mercenaries to replace over half the team.

Probably before most of you were about but George Kinnell fully deserved his immortality ......Bobby Thomson (The Big Waster) was dire......Ray Hankin made Britt look like Linford Christie and then there were the invisible Brazilians, Branco, Fabio I, and Ricardinho............... things don't change, we have always gambled on "the next big thing" or "he was great before he got crocked" and most don't pan out , but once in a blue moon, you uncover a Hickton, Souness, Otto, Slaven or Schwarzer and you realise you are seeing something that is a little different.......we probably have a hit rate comparable to most clubs in the region and the good ones make it worthwhile....unfortunately the bad ones stick in the memory just as long   

12 hours ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Tiendalli or Kike Sola. 

Tiendalli was just absolutely horrific and got absolutely mullered. Kike Sola played 45 minutes and I don't think he actually win a single header or did anything with the ball at his feet. Never before have I ever been relieved that someone was hooked at half time. 

Both loans, at least read the OP.

And lol at whoever just mentioned Ince, he was a great captain for us and exactly what we needed at the time, someone to enforce the midfield. 

I'll give you Ray Parlour though, that was an odd one.

Need to look at overall cost, transfer and wages, the era they were purchased, the years service we got or didn't, as well as just pure ability and impact.  Also how they impacted the other players and fans.

I think Mido has to be up there, cost 6mill 12 years ago. For perspective Spurs paid 5mill for Bale that summer, and we sold Morrison to West Brom for 1.5mill

His goal appearance shows promise 6 goals in 13 starts.....but of course, that was 6 goals in 2 1/2 years as our star CF. He played more games out on loan to West Ham and Wigan than for us. Had the most bizarre injury ever, a broken pubic bone, got fat, peed off the club, fnas and players with his couldn't care less attitude and peed a natural talent up the wall.

Mido, should have put egyptian football on the world map long before Salah, instead he was a bloody disaster and played a large part of out demise and relegation due to our financial obligation to this waster.

• Like 3

Our worst signing, wow theres so many to pick from. 

Michael Ricketts. 

Dong Gook Lee

Mohammed Shawky

Marlon King

Lee Miller

Alex Nimely

Kieran Dyer

Christ theres literally so many!

Ironically when Karanka was here and that network was here we had some great buys in that time. 

On 11/2/2019 at 11:06 PM, ManBearPig said:

Our worst signing, wow theres so many to pick from. 

Michael Ricketts. 

Dong Gook Lee

Mohammed Shawky

Marlon King

Lee Miller

Alex Nimely

Kieran Dyer

Christ theres literally so many!

Ironically when Karanka was here and that network was here we had some great buys in that time. 

It is interesting that very few (if any) of the players Karanka signed would make it onto a list of Boro's worst-ever signings. Our 2010 squad was full of absolute spuds, whereas our 2015 squad looked pretty decent.

The more time passes, the more Karanka's departure looks like a huge mistake, especially considering his replacement was the completely ineffectual Steve Agnew. 

What I would give to have Nsue, Fabio, Tomlin, Kike and Bamford back right now.. Actually I loved our team very much in 2016'ish The season we lost at Wembley.. That was a team.. good fight and better technical than today .. And the Riverside was a fortress!

On 10/31/2019 at 11:03 AM, RiseAgainst said:

A discussion on another thread has made me speculate about who our worst-ever signing has been?

I suspect this will reveal a lot about how long you've followed the Boro, but my money is on Rudy Gestede. He's given virtually nothing to us while taking an indecent amount in return, and there's been enmity between him and our supporters since long before he arrived.

However, I can think of plenty of other nominees going back to the Robbo era, and even further back. The only criteria are (a) they must have played for us (no answers of Neil Bausor, please), and (b) they must have joined us permanently (it's not fair to include loanees like Andy Dibble, even though he deserves an honourable mention).

Suggestions?

No matter what category you carry out for your worst signing, mine of 47 years following the Boro is also Gestsde, everything that is wrong in a footballer is right there with him

• Like 2

Rudy without doubt is the worst value for money signing we have ever had but looking at some of the other names, boy they were terrible players also but in most cases had short lived times with us, Tiendelli, remember watching him play once, as already mentioned he got slaughtered at full back, was that his only game for us?