oneBoro Forum

Boro vs QPR (A) 2-2 (Assombalonga 2)

Are Boro going down?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Will Middlesbrough FC be relegated this season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yer mam

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not sure he meant that all fans who dont attend games are keyboard warriors and the real fans are only those who attend, but more the fans who only sit and write negative things on forums and social m

No matter the result today this is much more like it, we’ve competed, made chances and got goals. Yes it may not be perfect but we’ve played football for once.

Why would it be to spite keane? Surely randolph playing rubbishes all of the rumours from this week.

Posted Images

Nice post Denzel! 👍

Sadly, after last week, I seem to have lost my optimism. QPR have a mixed record (W7 D2 L6) so a draw is unlikely. Beaten some pretty good sides including Sheffield Wednesday & Hull. They score a fair few - though concede slightly more. I don't see that really helping Boro though. If 10-man Derby can beat us 2-0, I'd expect a full-strength Rangers side to have a field day.

Prediction: QPR 3 - 0 Boro

Formation & Line-up: I'm at the stage now where I say give the U-23s a run out. They surely can't do any worse, right?

Middlesbrough-formation-tactics.png

With that line-up obviously Britt isn't going to get a look in...unless he comes on as a sub. Pretty sure we will not see Gestede in a Boro shirt again. He doesn't want to be here anyway and will likely remain conveniently unavailable, even once his injury clears up, until we can offload him (or his contract expires).

Kinda surprised at how negative the QPR fans seem to be. I'd have thought they'd be licking their lips at the prospect of an easy 3 points.

Edited by AnglianRed

As much as I wouldn't mind going for some of the younger lads, there are some I wouldn't pick. Wearne didn't even play the other night, don't believe he was on the bench so he may be injured. I've not seen Drummond or Hood play, I have seen Spence and I wouldn't have him in the team based on what I've seen, he's far too lightweight for me. Daniel Dodds looked decent against United but still, not over Howson for me.

Midfield, I would be considering some of the others. Malley or Hackney for sure. Liddle didn't really impress me against United though Woody seems to like him. As for strikers, Walker is tenacious and I think he could be a good pressing forward. Decision making isn't always there but unsurprising for a young lad, he's got the heart for it for sure. I'd probably rather him than Britt right now but I still think Fletch should get another chance.

If I was to cave and bring in some of the young lads (and stick with the 3-5-2), I'd maybe go with:

Pears

Wood Ayala Fry

Howson McNair Wing Malley Coulson

Fletcher

Walker

Subs: Mejias, Dijksteel, Bola, Clayts, Johnson, Tav, Britt

It was in the pouring rain at QPR last season, watching Britt try to play left wing, that I realised it had been quite a while since I actually enjoyed spending hundreds of pounds going to Boro games. Family and friends feel the same way, so will be giving Loftus Road a miss for the first time.

You get the impression a huge slice of luck will be needed to get anything here. 2-0 QPR, both scored in first half. 

Well Woodgate did a 3 minute press conference where all he said was that Friend, Randolph, Fletcher, Liddle, Browne out injured while Pears is 50/50 and then Saville suspended. So whoever is fit plays at the moment

8 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Well Woodgate did a 3 minute press conference where all he said was that Friend, Randolph, Fletcher, Liddle, Browne out injured while Pears is 50/50 and then Saville suspended. So whoever is fit plays at the moment

Only Pears, Browne and Saville started the last game out of that lot and the two outfield players haven't really done anything of note this season so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

1 hour ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

It was in the pouring rain at QPR last season, watching Britt try to play left wing, that I realised it had been quite a while since I actually enjoyed spending hundreds of pounds going to Boro games. Family and friends feel the same way, so will be giving Loftus Road a miss for the first time.

You get the impression a huge slice of luck will be needed to get anything here. 2-0 QPR, both scored in first half. 

Absolutely freezing that day. The day I officially became Pulis Out.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

So Mejias might actually get a game! 😮

Looks like we could see a few more of the U23 squad making their debuts.

2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

So Mejias might actually get a game! 😮

Looks like we could see a few more of the U23 squad making their debuts.

Howson moves into midfield with Dijksteel in at right back and Clayton into midfield most likely.  It depends what weird set up Woodgate decides to go for though.

26 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Absolutely freezing that day. The day I officially became Pulis Out.

On a positive note, was it the season before we witnessed Friends amazing strike and finished on Adama's first goal for Boro ending in 3-0 🙂  Think it was raining that day as well .... 

34 minutes ago, FamilyBoro said:

On a positive note, was it the season before we witnessed Friends amazing strike and finished on Adama's first goal for Boro ending in 3-0 🙂  Think it was raining that day as well .... 

True! Unfortunately I wasn’t able to make that one</3

my one and only visit to Loftus Road was in times long past and we got hammered. 6-1 , in the days of thier plastic pitch.

i actually feel we could win this game ,  but it will need a lot of things and players to  click back into gear, theyre deffo beatable .  now where the hell did that little ray of positivity come from.