oneBoro Forum

Boro vs QPR (A) 2-2 (Assombalonga 2)

Are Boro going down?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Will Middlesbrough FC be relegated this season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yer mam

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not sure he meant that all fans who dont attend games are keyboard warriors and the real fans are only those who attend, but more the fans who only sit and write negative things on forums and social m

No matter the result today this is much more like it, we’ve competed, made chances and got goals. Yes it may not be perfect but we’ve played football for once.

Why would it be to spite keane? Surely randolph playing rubbishes all of the rumours from this week.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Isn't he also terrible..?

I'd say he is but I'd still probably expect him more than many to finish a chance right now. Whether the chances would be forthcoming with him in the team is another thing entirely.

I really want to give Burrell and Walker some goes - they can't be any worse than Fletch and Britt atm. With O'Neill being recalled I suppose he might make the squad?

Also Tav has been almost useless in CM so I'd be looking for someone else there too. Malley or Liddle when he's fit?

• Like 1

Lets not kid ourselves and all joking apart , QPR is a damage limitation game, and in all honesty the remainder of the season to January will be much of the same  no doubt

The January window will be a massive torch shining  on Ste Gibsons intentions for this club in my eyes, as a successful businessman he cannot deny the current condition

We will see i suppose

We need a massively misfiring QPR team to even get a draw i feel on Saturday

• Like 1
12 hours ago, ChipBarrington said:

Its at the point where we are hoping youths can come in and magically click....

Clayton has to be back for this. 442 or 532....who, I dont know...

Well I never expected them to "magically click" when I did my team selection & line-up. I was just thinking it might be good experience for them and that they couldn't do any worse than the first team. ☹️

Although Liddle is apparently injured, so would need someone to replace him. Other than that I would still rather see the U23s at this point.

If they (by some miracle) actually got a result of some description, it might just shock / embarrass the seniors in to putting more effort in.

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Well I never expected them to "magically click" when I did my team selection & line-up. I was just thinking it might be good experience for them and that they couldn't do any worse than the first team. ☹️

Although Liddle is apparently injured, so would need someone to replace him. Other than that I would still rather see the U23s at this point.

If they (by some miracle) actually got a result of some description, it might just shock / embarrass the seniors in to putting more effort in.

I admire your optimism... but if these kids were good enough, they'd have probably been called up by now. We're desperate and the players ahead of them are hardly world-beaters.

Getting thumped by QPR as part of an experimental team might do them more harm than good.

Personally I would go with the least-useless five at the back combo we have and try to nick a goal on the break. Sad it's come to that, but we need to start looking at these games in terms of staying in the division. 

Everytime I’ve seen that walker play he’s looked no where near ready, as you say I imagine the others are the same. It happens everytime we do *** you get the people shouting to ‘play the kids’, only Coulson looks any good in reality and pears looked solid enough.

I don't think Walker has really had the chance to show what he's capable of but I tend to agree with what you're getting at here, Lino. I'm not so sure Walker is ready, maybe if he was played from the start and as an intended part of the team on the day, that would be different. As it is, so far he's been thrown on in desperation and never given freedom to go out and just play his game, ala if we're winning already and there's less pressure on him. The way he's been played so far is not going to give a true reflection of what he's capable of. Watching him against the U23s the other night I got a much better idea about him and indeed I'm still not convinced he's ready for Championship football but he's got a long way to go in his development and signs have been promising for some time in the reserve teams so I'm hopeful he will come good when he's ready.

51 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Everytime I’ve seen that walker play he’s looked no where near ready, as you say I imagine the others are the same. It happens everytime we do *** you get the people shouting to ‘play the kids’, only Coulson looks any good in reality and pears looked solid enough.

It's the unknown though isn't it.

I know what Saville, Fletch, Britt etc are going to bring to the table - very little right now.

I have no idea what Walker, Burrell, Liddle, Malley et al are capable of - so give them a go, can't be any worse than not scoring ever!

8 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I know what Saville, Fletch, Britt etc are going to bring to the table - very little right now.

I don't think I'd want any of them as my waiter but they probably should be thinking about a change of career 👍

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't think I'd want any of them as my waiter but they probably should be thinking about a change of career 👍

You just know that Britt will miss the table and spill the beer into your lap.

Not hopeful for tomorrow, usually not a good ground for us.

there was a story that Bobby Murdoch took us down there in the 80's & decided that the team needed a bonding session in the hotel- numerous drinks later & following a very late night we turn up with the wrong kit (& need to borrow their reserve kit) and proceed to be hammered 6-1.At least it can't be that bad tomorrow 🙏