oneBoro Forum

Boro vs QPR (A) 2-2 (Assombalonga 2)

Are Boro going down?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Will Middlesbrough FC be relegated this season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yer mam

So with all the injuries piling up at Boro how do we see us approaching the game?

For me we need McNair in midfield so we have to go back to a back 4 and have Clayton back in the 11 as protection in a 4231.

Pears

Djiksteel Ayala Fry Coulson

Clayton McNair 

Tav Howson Johnson

Assombalonga

Hopefully this might see us compete alittle

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not sure he meant that all fans who dont attend games are keyboard warriors and the real fans are only those who attend, but more the fans who only sit and write negative things on forums and social m

No matter the result today this is much more like it, we’ve competed, made chances and got goals. Yes it may not be perfect but we’ve played football for once.

Why would it be to spite keane? Surely randolph playing rubbishes all of the rumours from this week.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Lol keep being deluded, if you think we're making money on any of our players in January given the position in the table we're most likely to be in by then then by all means, live your life thinking things are going to get better for Boro.

Even if we do sell Randolph you know Woodgate's not going to see a single penny.

I've not said he will see a penny of it, that's got absolutely nothing to do with me expecting to make a profit on one player. It's not being deluded when there's no facts to base it on, it's an opinion.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I've not said he will see a penny of it, that's got absolutely nothing to do with me expecting to make a profit on one player. It's not being deluded when there's no facts to base it on, it's an opinion.

What? You think we're going to make a pretty penny on Randolph, i'm saying you're deluded. That's a pretty fair thing to say, right? Guess we'll see in January.

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Well now you're just being pedantic.

Are you CT in disguise? You seem to love disagreeing with a lot of people lately.

😂

I'm not being intentionally contrary, if that's what you're trying to say. I just don't agree with everyone. It certainly helps that when a lot of people (on here or otherwise) still want to blame the manager as much or more than the chairman, something I fundamentally disagree with. But it wouldn't be at all interesting if most people agreed in everything, see my comments on Tony Pulis' tenure last season when everyone turned every debate into a ***-slinging match against him. That was 99% '*** PULIS', whilst me, Blanco and chickenlunch were sat in a corner thinking 'things could be worse'. Or in CL's case, 'things couldn't get any better'. 

31 minutes ago, mj south said:

So with all the injuries piling up at Boro how do we see us approaching the game?

For me we need McNair in midfield so we have to go back to a back 4 and have Clayton back in the 11 as protection in a 4231.

Pears

Djiksteel Ayala Fry Coulson

Clayton McNair 

Tav Howson Johnson

Assombalonga

Hopefully this might see us compete alittle

I think JW has said he will be sticking with the wing back system until Jan at least @mj south. So while the vast majority of players u listed are likely to play (Wing will probs come in for Coulson from your line up) i see us lining up as follows.

Pears/Meijas

Paddy Ayala Fry

Clayton

Dijksteel Howson Wing Johnson

Tav

Britt

Possible surprise could be Ste Walker starting behind Britt but probs will be Tav. 

3pts today really would make my week. UTB

• Like 1

If it was my choice (assuming they are fit):

Pears

Dijk

Ayala

Fry

Coulson

Howson RM

Clayton

Paddy

Marv LM

Wing ACM

Britt

No more inverted wingers, play them on their strong sides and go back to basics. Did debate Fletcher with Britt as, regardless of form, him and Britt do probably represent our best chance of scoring when they are confident, and they both play better with a partner. But think we need to start being hard to beat first and foremost and 3 CM should give us a stronger spine, and Wing is probably our best striker of a ball so could prove useful there, if not from an actual shooting perspective but due to the fact that defenders will be under instruction to close him down as quickly as possible.

Best I think we can get is a draw, I just hope its a score draw. Think we will see a different Britt next week if he gets one today; fans singing his name and everyone bigging him up after the game.

Today's match facts...as always courtesy of the BBC:

- QPR have lost five of their last six league matches against Middlesbrough, although they won this fixture 2-1 last season.

- None of the last 14 league meetings between QPR and Middlesbrough have ended as a draw, since a 1-1 Premier League stalemate in December 1995.

- QPR have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 21 matches in all competitions, since winning 4-0 against Swansea City in April. They last endured a longer run between October 2009 and March 2010 (24 games).

- Middlesbrough have not scored in four league matches, having last gone longer without a league goal between January and March 2014 (seven games).

- QPR manager Mark Warburton has lost four of his five Championship meetings with Middlesbrough, but won in his most recent meeting in August 2017 as Nottingham Forest manager.

- Middlesbrough are averaging the lowest points-per-game ratio in Championship games played on Saturday this season - at just 0.6 points per game (P10 W1 D3 L6).

That second one doesn't give me much hope. If we're unlikely to get a draw, a home win seems inevitable.

Hosts have no clean sheets in 21 games. Wonder if they'll break that streak today?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Are you CT in disguise? You seem to love disagreeing with a lot of people lately.

DZ I rarely post here but I view it often. My impression of you is that you must wake up every morning with the sole intention of having an argument on this board and over quite trivial things I may add.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

My god, the almost total lack of self-awareness in this comment.

• Like 1

LMAO! If any of you are feeling in need of a chuckle, just go back to the first page and click on the link to the QPR match day thread. Someone posted Mark Warburton's pre-match statement, which included the following gems:

“There’s no doubt Middlesbrough will come here with a point to prove,” he told www.qpr.co.uk. “They’re a big club with big expectations.

“They have a big squad and Jonathan Woodgate has come in with his experience, in terms of his playing career and he has Robbie Keane alongside him.

“I’ve watched a lot of their games and there have been some where they should’ve got something from the game. Their league position in my mind is somewhat false; they have a talented squad and have some injuries, which has been well documented.

“Whoever they put out [on Saturday] will be a talented player. We know that because they wouldn’t be at Middlesbrough otherwise. It will be another tough test for us.

“Middlesbrough will be conscious that the other two teams in the bottom three are playing each other, so it could be a very big weekend for many reasons. We have to prepare well because they have good quality throughout their ranks.”

I laughed so hard, a little bit of wee came out. Still...nice of him to big us up like that.

I wonder...when they thump us 3-0, will he say that its a testament to the Rangers squad, the fact they were able to beat a "big club" with "quality" players like Boro?