oneBoro Forum

Boro vs QPR (A) 2-2 (Assombalonga 2)

Are Boro going down?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Will Middlesbrough FC be relegated this season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yer mam

17 minutes ago, Blanco said:

This seems accurate to me. He wasn’t attacking people who can’t attend the games. His intention was to praise the wonderful fans who were there today. I’m sure the keyboard warrior remark was about those who are negative for sake of it and not about those who have genuine concerns about how things are currently progressing.

Exactly. I get his sentiment and it's valid, but the way he expressed is a bit of an own goal IMO.

• Like 3
  • Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not sure he meant that all fans who dont attend games are keyboard warriors and the real fans are only those who attend, but more the fans who only sit and write negative things on forums and social m

No matter the result today this is much more like it, we’ve competed, made chances and got goals. Yes it may not be perfect but we’ve played football for once.

Why would it be to spite keane? Surely randolph playing rubbishes all of the rumours from this week.

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Blanco said:

This seems accurate to me. He wasn’t attacking people who can’t attend the games. His intention was to praise the wonderful fans who were there today. I’m sure the keyboard warrior remark was about those who are negative for sake of it and not about those who have genuine concerns about how things are currently progressing.

Exactly this, but the keyboard warriors he is on about will try to turn it against him and be as negative as possible, because that's what they enjoy doing.

• Like 1

For someone that keeps saying he doesn't care what the critics think Woodgate seems to spend enough time talking about it.

I don't even know why he would spend time reading social media comments, hasn't he got better things to do? And I think the fighting talk would be a lot more impressive if we'd won a game in the last 2 months and weren't sat in the bottom 3.

Seems to me that Mr Woodgate is taking the Donald Trump option – everything that he disagrees with or interprets as a criticism is ‘fake news’. This is dangerous ground.

The great thing about social media is that once you post a comment it is there for all to read, unlike something you say down the pub. And looking at the comments in the Gazette and here on OneBoro, I have yet to see one post that came from Newcastle, Hartlepool or Sunderland fans. We aren’t even in the same league as these clubs.

Clear to see that Woody cannot take criticism.

• Like 1

I’ve never understood some people’s reactions to fans watching a poor performance then commenting on it by saying it was poor.

Its not being negative, trolling or unsupportive, surely it’s just giving an opinion?After The last home game I came on here and said it was rubbish because it was rubbish, really what else can I/we say other than what we have seen? Today I came on here and said I thought it was much better.... Because it was much better.

Funny how you end up with more of these ‘true supporters’ when you provide something good for us to watch isn’t it...

We all know what he meant by the comments, it was aimed at people like me, P_Mards, CT and others who don’t buy into the propaganda rubbish. Any one on here, on twitter who says this season is poor and woodgate is performing poorly has EVERY RIGHT to say that because the facts back it up. A point at QPR doesn’t change the fact that we haven’t won for forever, I can’t even remember the game and we are sat in the bottom 3!

Are we all supposed to just sit here singing names and pretend everything is fine? Or can they not handle it that more supporters are seeing the truth this season?

We will support when there is something there to support, just like there was today. Repeat this performance more often than not and you will have less ‘Hartlepool fans’ to deal with.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Blanco said:

How does he tell the difference?

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I do.  People who use twitter aren't real fans, it's a well known fact.

Good thing I don't use twitter. I just bitch and moan to patients about how *** we are 😂

2 hours ago, ladyspite said:

well yeah.... But thats because I think many of us are "the glass is half empty" people on here rather than  "the glass is half full" 🙂

We've won 2 games this season and got knocked out of the League Cup in the first round at home against a League Two side.  If the glass is half full then it's probably with urine rather than champagne 🥃

56 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

We all know what he meant by the comments, it was aimed at people like me, P_Mards, CT and others who don’t buy into the propaganda rubbish.

I don't use social media so it wasn't aimed at me.  Woody knows I'm a loyal Boro fan unlike some people 😏

4 minutes ago, Prowler said:

Good thing I don't use twitter. I just bitch and moan to patients about how *** we are 😂

No wonder they are mental.

Are they mental?  I can't remember what type of nurse you are other than almost certainly effeminate.

Watched the highlights that are on the Sky Sports website. Ayala doesn't look offside at all though difficult angle. Was the Britt one a penalty? I can't quite make out whether the defender gets the ball properly or not.

Their first goal was avoidable, Friend's just come back, you can forgive him one today. The 2nd, QPR worked the space to get the free header but Randolph makes the save, could have avoided giving them the header but very unlucky to concede after Randolph saves it.

I'm glad they threw Hugill's dive in the highlights (because of the effort just after it but still), I wonder how the Boro players would have felt losing a goal to one of those dives after it won him sod all last season.