oneBoro Forum

Boro vs QPR (A) 2-2 (Assombalonga 2)

Are Boro going down?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Will Middlesbrough FC be relegated this season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yer mam

Lack of intelligence and naivety to make such a comment after a hard earned draw and being a local lad from the area. Perhaps a wise older head would have used the point to galvanize the team and fans into the start of a run. In a way for me it emphasizes he is not the right man for the job and is out of his depth. 

He should be fully focused on turning around an awful 2 wins out of 17 game streak (Less than 12% win rate), not focusing on social media and fans opinions. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not sure he meant that all fans who dont attend games are keyboard warriors and the real fans are only those who attend, but more the fans who only sit and write negative things on forums and social m

No matter the result today this is much more like it, we’ve competed, made chances and got goals. Yes it may not be perfect but we’ve played football for once.

Why would it be to spite keane? Surely randolph playing rubbishes all of the rumours from this week.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Ayresome7 said:

Lack of intelligence and naivety to make such a comment after a hard earned draw and being a local lad from the area. Perhaps a wise older head would have used the point to galvanize the team and fans into the start of a run. In a way for me it emphasizes he is not the right man for the job and is out of his depth. 

He should be fully focused on turning around an awful 2 wins out of 17 game streak (Less than 12% win rate), not focusing on social media and fans opinions. 

Lack of intelligence comment I would disagree with however it could be the case of getting carried away (a tad) by the result because on the face of it, it was a positive result, however naïve is justified because one swallow does not make a summer and it is only one point when the real need is 3 and plenty of them. Hey if we go on a 3/4 game winning run then yes have a dig (if you must)

Having GF back in the team could have been the key in others performance levels (pity he screwed up a bit himself).

Totally encouraged by what we witnessed and Woody if you do read this then well done to you but there is a lot more to be done and you do need the passion of the fans, it works both ways I am afraid. 

Well you can look at Woody's comment two ways.

There are undoubtedly trolls and idiots online, everywhere you go. Not to mention fans of other clubs wading in with their 2 cents. If people were giving him and the team grief after this game, then thats fair enough.

You do have to block out the media, to a certain extent and just focus on your job, given the frenzy of criticism that comes your way, when things aren't going well.

If he's also including "real" fans who simply can't make the trip from Teesside, to the far flung corners of the country (or London), then he is heading into dangerous territory. Similarly, failing to acknowledge the seriousness of the club's situation will make him come across as stubborn and pig-headed.

That said, I don't think there's enough context in the article to really say either way. Nothing to get your knickers in a twist over IMO.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 4

Regardless of what he actually meant, it was a stupid thing to say. He needs all the unity he can get, but coming out with an inflammatory comment like that is only going to cause divisions - just look at the debate it’s caused on here. 

I’d say, as a general rule of thumb, if you’re a manager do not use the term ‘real fan’. It’s ambiguous, implicitly  insulting and is only ever going to *** people off. 

Edited by RealSlimSladeyy
8 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Watched the highlights that are on the Sky Sports website. Ayala doesn't look offside at all though difficult angle. Was the Britt one a penalty? I can't quite make out whether the defender gets the ball properly or not.

Their first goal was avoidable, Friend's just come back, you can forgive him one today. The 2nd, QPR worked the space to get the free header but Randolph makes the save, could have avoided giving them the header but very unlucky to concede after Randolph saves it.

I'm glad they threw Hugill's dive in the highlights (because of the effort just after it but still), I wonder how the Boro players would have felt losing a goal to one of those dives after it won him sod all last season.

I think it could go either way, for me he does get the ball, but the argument is whether he goes through Britt to do so and it looks awful close. I think even just a few seasons ago it's counted as an excellent tackle, but now you can never really be sure anymore.

I think his comments...however poorly phrased...were aimed at those who do nothing but criticise..most of us say it as we see it, if a player has a good day, most are prepared to acknowledge it, just as we will say that they stunk the place out......we are all a mixture of positives and negatives and that's just part of life......the only ones who should be truly offended are those who don't really care about the club and just get their kicks from being able to upset others...and that means it is not aimed at the vast majority of people on here........ 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

I think his comments...however poorly phrased...were aimed at those who do nothing but criticise..most of us say it as we see it, if a player has a good day, most are prepared to acknowledge it, just as we will say that they stunk the place out......we are all a mixture of positives and negatives and that's just part of life......the only ones who should be truly offended are those who don't really care about the club and just get their kicks from being able to upset others...and that means it is not aimed at the vast majority of people on here........ 

Very well put OC 👍

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

I think you're right, though I think it's unfortunate that the way he put it can absolutely be misconstrued as anyone who just makes comments on social media. There are some well-reasoned, well thought out comments made on social media. Few and often far between. Whilst the hope is that those who do make the reasonable comments look at it and realise he's probably not talking about them, I can see why that wouldn't be the case.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Well you can look at Woody's comment two ways.

There are undoubtedly trolls and idiots online, everywhere you go. Not to mention fans of other clubs wading in with their 2 cents. If people were giving him and the team grief after this game, then thats fair enough.

You do have to block out the media, to a certain extent and just focus on your job, given the frenzy of criticism that comes your way, when things aren't going well.

If he's also including "real" fans who simply can't make the trip from Teesside, to the far flung corners of the country (or London), then he is heading into dangerous territory. Similarly, failing to acknowledge the seriousness of the club's situation will make him come across as stubborn and pig-headed.

That said, I don't think there's enough context in the article to really say either way. Nothing to get your knickers in a twist over IMO.

The point being an experienced manager would not leave a statement open to interpretation. 

Would everyone agree that the starting 11 for us yesterday was about as strong as it currently gets for us?

Players missing were shotton, Sav, Browne and Rudy but dont think any of them 4 would make starting 11 when everyone fit.

22 hours ago, boro-unger said:

Not a bad point. Need to be winning our home games though.

Glad Britt has some goals and hopefully will be more confident now

The season begins on 24th Nov...Home to Hull C'mon Boro Go on a run 

• Like 1