oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Boro vs QPR (A) 2-2 (Assombalonga 2)

Are Boro going down?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Will Middlesbrough FC be relegated this season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yer mam

1 minute ago, ladyspite said:

The text service say it was a supposed foul

It wasn't, he was flagged offside, the ref even made the offside gesture when he eventually gave it.

1 minute ago, ladyspite said:

The text service say it was a supposed foul

Nah he was signalling for offside.  I think Ayala starts ahead of the bloke who is marking him and as such the assistant gives it but I'm not sure it was.  Oh well.

2 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Stoke winning

New manager effect and all that

Could be the playing against Barnsley effect 🙂

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

It wasn't, he was flagged offside, the ref even made the offside gesture when he eventually gave it.

Ok thanks for clearing that up. text service is weird to follow lol

Just now, ladyspite said:

Ok thanks for clearing that up. text service is weird to follow lol

no worries 🙂

I want to make a positive comment about how Boro are playing...

...but I also don't want to jinx us...

• Haha 1

To be fair, we've played quite well in spells in the last 3-4 games, it's turning that into goals where we struggle.

9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Is the radio commentary rubbish for anyone else? Keep getting a bunch of static.

I've noticed this the last couple of games, but it's definitely worse today. Bloody annoying. 

I've emailed them on:     boromatchdaylive@streamamg.com     to complain. Not sure whether the problem is with the streaming service or the bbc Tees people though... 

Just now, Brunners said:

To be fair, we've played quite well in spells in the last 3-4 games, it's turning that into goals where we struggle.

"if that goal counted, it would have been a different story. It's all about luck." 

-Jonathan Woodgate

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• The whole Cummings affair and how much the senior Tory cabinet members have attempted to shield him from being held responsible really drives that home. It's so important that everyone adheres to the rules and adheres to the spirit of it, get out and clap every Thursday and as one body and mind, we'll get through this together. Unless you're the chief adviser to the PM, in which case the only thing that matters is whether you've legally done anything wrong. And what drives me up the *** wall is how hardcore Brexiteers spent the entirety of the 2019 election campaign defending the media harassment of anybody who might think walking off the edge of a cliff is a bad idea, but now think the media are the scum of the Earth for taking on poor family man Dominic Cummings.
    • Ah but BD, you live in a country where people are socially responsible, we live in a vou try with a weak government that gives out mixed messages that are in turn interpreted by the general public to fit there own agendas.  it’s very worrying. 
    • 29th May SC Freiburg  v  Bayer Leverkusen. A 30th May. Mainz  v  1899 Hoffenheim. D FC Schalke  v  Werder Bremem H Hertha Berlin  v  FC Augsburg. D VfL Wolfsburg.  v  Eintracht Frankfurt. H Bayern Munich  v  Fortuna Dusseldorf. H 31st May. Borussia Monchenladbach  v  FC Union Berlin. H SC Paderborn  v  Borussia Dortmund. A 1st June. FC Koln  v  RB Leizig. A 2nd June. Werder Bremem  v  Eintracht Frankfurt H  
    • My local club was back in action again yesterday behind closed doors. However they had invited supporters to join via zoom and had then set up huge big screens in the stadium in front of the stands that could show up to 200 hundred streams of supporters from their own homes. I watched the game on TV while also attending via zoom and it actually worked fine. There is a video of it here on a Danish newspaper. Just let it get past the commercials https://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/dansk_fodbold/superligaen/agf/gaar-verden-rundt-igen-banebrydende/8141368 They also played a sound stream out through the PA system of a former home match, so you got some crowd noise and singing. The players were really happy about it and the atmosphere also got though on TV. Days before the game it was also possible to go the fan shop and get free cardboard figures to paint and set up in the stands. Football is back and I love it.
    • OK, I may have said too much by saying "it isn't dangerous in any way". While I obviously acknowledge that there is risk when humans have contact, I'll rephrase it to probably one of the lowest risks across the country considering they are well guarded and have weekly tests so they can be treated immediatly and they are healthy young athletes.   Well that was something I would expect, and even if football was still under lockdown in Germany they might have gotten it anyway considering they have interactions with people outside football too. At least they are quickly diagnosed now so they can go into quarantine and their family can get tested right away too. This way you can easily and quickly break the chain of infection.  It's hardly the footballing industry's fault that people can't behave properly. We've opened up a lot over the last month in Denmark and massively increased testing and the number of infected people have still dropped massively and the number of people in hospital have decreased to a level where it's almost insignificant and the we're only using 4% of our respirators.  My point is we need to learn to live with it and looking at the professional football industry the risks aren't big enough to justify keeping it under lockdown. What people do in the private households isn't the fault of football. There are thousands of jobs on the line and you can't just keep that locked down when the risks don't justify it. It really hasn't got anything to do with greed but rather a weighted consideration of which industry can open at what risk. I really fail to see the huge risks of football behind closed doors. If it's because people will get together in large gatherings, drink from the same beer and not keep a distance then it's because they are stupid and not because of football itself.