oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Boro vs QPR (A) 2-2 (Assombalonga 2)

Are Boro going down?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Will Middlesbrough FC be relegated this season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yer mam

Good contest so far.

Looked a penalty to me, not sure Ayala was offside.

But our defending is still embarassing, we looked like conceding from everything.

Good to have George back though!

At fault for the equaliser and gave away a needless corner resulting in their second. The clean sheets are now a thing of the past

• Like 1

Just now, BillinghamBoro said:

Is it seriously not down to Woodgate that our defence is the most vulnerable it's been in years? Everytime a team come forward we look like conceding. 

Totally appreciate not every OG is his fault, but our defending is miserable 

Our defence isn't the problem.  Look at the table and see where we stand on goals conceded, before today we were 10th, which isn't exactly terrible. 

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You can't blame Woodgate for that.  That is pure bad luck.

Given the number of OGs we've conceded so far this season, I think its more down to bad coaching.

Just now, AnglianRed said:

Given the number of OGs we've conceded so far this season, I think its more down to bad coaching.

You think a goalkeeper palming a shot onto a defender is bad coaching?  It was bad luck, nothing more than that, frustrating as it still may be.

"You can't blame Woodgate..." Yeah you can. Would people be saying the same about other managers at other clubs, that are playing poorly across 90mins? Its not a game of 10/20mins is it. Get what you deserve in football. 

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

1 own goal is bad luck, several over the course of the season is serious ineptitude

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Damn we are so unlucky......

More like we stop playing at the end of each half, just panic and invite the opposition to come at us.

• Like 1

It’s going to take a divine intervention for us not to get relegated. I’ve already prepared myself for the inevitable. We will go down. I have no doubt about that. 

Just now, Changing Times said:

You think a goalkeeper palming a shot onto a defender is bad coaching?  It was bad luck, nothing more than that, frustrating as it still may be.

Players being in the wrong place at the wrong time...over and over again...is bad coaching IMO.

We need to be braver in possession, which I'd say is a common complaint against us.  The wingbacks are no use if they aren't able to get behind the opposition on a regular basis so they've got to do that more.  The front two were getting too isolated as the game wore on but if we could keep hold of the ball a bit better whilst moving forwards then this would change.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We didn't collapse.  We conceded a goal due to bad defending and then one due to bad luck.  It's not great but we've played worse, that's not saying much like.

The last 10 minutes was all QPR

• Like 1

Just now, SmogDane said:

The last 10 minutes was all QPR

That's ok but I don't think you can see we collapsed.  They got lucky with a second goal or we'd be going in level.