oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Boro vs QPR (A) 2-2 (Assombalonga 2)

Are Boro going down?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Will Middlesbrough FC be relegated this season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yer mam

Having to listen to QPR commentators prattle on during the match too, glad to know it's not just our commentators that are clueless.

2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Players being in the wrong place at the wrong time...over and over again...is bad coaching IMO.

Have you seen the goal?

We're 1st in the league for no. of crosses faced per game and we have to be well up there for individual errors leading to goals it's no mystery why we're relegation fodder. You can chalk everything to luck (Howson was unlucky but OGs from corners is routine in general for us) but under Aitor we had the least individual errors leading to goals in the entire country 1 season there's a fragility to us that is clearly by design (crosses faced) and errors which are down to shape/line/setup and discipline alot of the time we're in a deep hole caused by bad coaching and tactics in my opinion rather than bad players.

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

It’s going to take a divine intervention for us not to get relegated. I’ve already prepared myself for the inevitable. We will go down. I have no doubt about that. 

The Almighty has clearly shown that he is not a Boro supporter!

5 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

"You can't blame Woodgate..." Yeah you can. Would people be saying the same about other managers at other clubs, that are playing poorly across 90mins? Its not a game of 10/20mins is it. Get what you deserve in football. 

You can't blame Woodgate for the second goal I meant.  It was an unlikely occurrence, which has cost us.  Blame Woodgate for all kinds of things if you like but not for that goal, that's just mental.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That's ok but I don't think you can see we collapsed.  They got lucky with a second goal or we'd be going in level.

Collapsed or stopped playing. Potato potato. Since we scored it’s been a nothing contest

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

We're 1st in the league for no. of crosses faced per game and we have to be well up there for individual errors leading to goals it's no mystery why we're relegation fodder. You can chalk everything to luck (Howson was unlucky but OGs from corners is routine in general for us) but under Aitor we had the least individual errors leading to goals in the entire country 1 season there's a fragility to us that is clearly by design (crosses faced) and errors which are down to shape/line/setup and discipline alot of the time we're in a deep hole caused by bad coaching and tactics in my opinion rather than bad players.

Yeah because we have the worst attacking record in the league.

8 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

good post

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Collapsed or stopped playing. Potato potato. Since we scored it’s been a nothing contest

That's not true though.  QPR got on top but it wasn't wave after wave of attacks, that's just complete ***.  Why do people find it so difficult to remember what they've just seen?  Other than the header that Randolph saved they barely looked like scoring until that second goal.

1 minute ago, boroie said:

good post

Were just not very good are we?

Just now, Downsouth said:

Were just not very good are we?

No, we are not. 

• Latest Posts

• Sorry but I see the opposite posts to you, I often see people bumming about his performance because he's done one fancy flick/nutmeg on someone 😅. And fans also are quick to criticise the likes of Britt, Saville, Clayton 😅. Honestly some of the fans on here have rose tinted glasses. Just because he's young and raw doesn't make him exempt from criticism. I just don't see what he offers right now and would much rather have Fry CB and Dijksteel as RWB . Not clever enough to be a winger and defence position play extremely poor in a back 4. (Reminds me so much of Justin Hoyte especially in his younger arsenal days). I agree he's raw but if he isn't offering anything and hasn't been for a while so I'd rather just be solid and put fry in there. Out of the wing backs we look more dangerous with Johnson on the left which just shows how poor our current situation is.
    • He's been in the team for 6 months, don't we know that's the length of time he needs to make the role his own? We should sell him for a tenner, no chance he'll ever improve now. In all seriousness, I don't think he's started this season well but he's hardly alone there, is he? Like most others, he did improve against Bournemouth. Can't see why he'd be the wing back you'd single out though. Marvin Johnson has more than half a career's more experience than every other full back we have, he's unlikely to improve and yet our manager thinks he's the dog's ***. Spence, Dijksteel, Coulson and Bola all have time on their sides.
    • Again, what praise? He gets nothing but slated on here and people just wilfully ignore the good stuff that he does do.  Just this weekend he made some good defensive plays - one of which I know @Changing Times at least noticed. His runs and movement are still raw and yes he seems to be lacking in confidence right now, but the lad is what, 20? With less than a season of professional football under his belt. Cut the guy some slack ffs.
    • Thats fair enough but most people always put new wingers in there team and its pretty obvious we arnt gonna get one of them never mind 2. I just think feel that were gonna be playing wingbacks all season. And id thats the case i domt think the 2 we have are good enough. If we get another centre back id like to see djicksteel play there and 100%beed another LWB
    • I think the praise he gets his unreal... please tell me including the last last 8 games of last season, what he has contributed to the team?