oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Boro vs QPR (A) 2-2 (Assombalonga 2)

Are Boro going down?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Will Middlesbrough FC be relegated this season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yer mam

On 11/7/2019 at 7:53 PM, pokeyjoe said:

Lets not kid ourselves and all joking apart , QPR is a damage limitation game, and in all honesty the remainder of the season to January will be much of the same  no doubt

The January window will be a massive torch shining  on Ste Gibsons intentions for this club in my eyes, as a successful businessman he cannot deny the current condition

We will see i suppose

We need a massively misfiring QPR team to even get a draw i feel on Saturday

Don't hold your breath on any Incomings,unless some one leaves 

Apparently former Millwall keeper Jordan archers on trial with us. Picture of him wearing a boro training kit on Facebook.

23 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Apparently former Millwall keeper Jordan archers on trial with us. Picture of him wearing a boro training kit on Facebook.

Looks like Pears will be making the step up to first choice when Randolph leaves in January and we're looking for a third choice keeper now.

45 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Looks like Pears will be making the step up to first choice when Randolph leaves in January and we're looking for a third choice keeper now.

So have you heard he's off in Jan too or just your opinion? 

4 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

So have you heard he's off in Jan too or just your opinion? 

I haven't heard he's off personally, just my opinion. But there's a lot of chatter that he's leaving.

Out of interest how much do you think we could get for randolph. I think other clubs are all too aware we are skint by now.

6 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Out of interest how much do you think we could get for randolph. I think other clubs are all too aware we are skint by now.

Probably nowhere near the 5 million we paid for him. As you said, clubs know we're skint.

Best keeper in the league last year and has been good this year too and he’s in his prime so we will definitely get more than 5 million. At least 6,5 million. 

9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Best keeper in the league last year and has been good this year too and he’s in his prime so we will definitely get more than 5 million. At least 6,5 million. 

It's funny, you think we'll lose as much as 9 million on Britt, but we'll break even or even make a profit on Randolph?

6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It's funny, you think we'll lose as much as 9 million on Britt, but we'll break even or even make a profit on Randolph?

Randolph has exceeded expectations and Britt hasn’t. Fairly simple. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Randolph has exceeded expectations and Britt hasn’t. Fairly simple. 

I wouldn't say Randolph has exceeded expectations. He's a good keeper. We knew that before we signed him. He's probably worth about what we paid for him. But I don't see many PL teams coming in for him and I can't see many Championship teams dropping more than 5 million on a keeper, especially when they know how desperate we'll be to shift him.

Britt may not be worth 15 million but in the right team he'll score goals.

I absolutely would say Randolph has exceeded expectations. We knew he was a good keeper, we didn't know he was one of, if not the best keeper at this level of English football.

Comparing making a loss on Britt vs. making a loss on Randolph is crazy in my eyes, and not just because of their output (mostly because this season aside, Britt has scored goals). It's because of the price we paid for them to begin with. We could value both players at the same value and lose on Britt and gain on Randolph. As it is, Randolph is of much higher value to us right now than Britt is and I doubt very much that we'd accept an offer for Britt worth up to a max of what we paid for Randolph. So the idea of not even prospectively making a profit on Randolph of any kind is absolute madness, regardless of the *** situation we're in.

17 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I absolutely would say Randolph has exceeded expectations. We knew he was a good keeper, we didn't know he was one of, if not the best keeper at this level of English football.

Comparing making a loss on Britt vs. making a loss on Randolph is crazy in my eyes, and not just because of their output (mostly because this season aside, Britt has scored goals). It's because of the price we paid for them to begin with. We could value both players at the same value and lose on Britt and gain on Randolph. As it is, Randolph is of much higher value to us right now than Britt is and I doubt very much that we'd accept an offer for Britt worth up to a max of what we paid for Randolph. So the idea of not even prospectively making a profit on Randolph of any kind is absolute madness, regardless of the *** situation we're in.

Lol keep being deluded, if you think we're making money on any of our players in January given the position in the table we're most likely to be in by then then by all means, live your life thinking things are going to get better for Boro.

Even if we do sell Randolph you know Woodgate's not going to see a single penny.