oneBoro Forum

We are top of the league! (nearly....)

If only that penalty had gone in........................ is it only me that is not finding the Chamionship as painful as I thought it was going to be?

Johnson, Emnes, Wheater, Huth seem to be enjoying their footie, I know we'll probably have to say goodbye to Tuncs but a couple of weeks ago I would have settled for this start.

I'm loving it... but it is very early days yet, lot's of football to be played between now and the end of the season, I'm not going to get carried away.

On a cautionary note, all the teams we have played so far have created more efforts on goal than us, what is that down to... midfield?, against better teams we may come unstuck.

Anyway, long may it continue... Come on Boro

Really enjoying the season so far, however, I will enjoy it a whole lot more if September the 1st arrives and we still have Johnon, Huth, Weater and O'Niel, then my nerves will be eased and i can just look forward to the games... till january anyway!

I'm trying not to be negative about things BUT we had a great start last season. So while I'm enjoying it I agree with Aid - lets see what we have come September and lets see how the results go. Nothing to complain about so far though - infact things have gone far better than I feared and apart from the two who came down with us I haven't yet seen anything better than us and even West Brom struggled against Posh last night.

Passenger you are spot on,yes on results so far we look a good bet for going straight back up.

But like you say it is early days and our midfield is still very weak in the form of skilled players.

O'Neil/Arca have proven that they cannot handle the P/L outfits and we are once again playing with defenders come midfielders.

If we don't see some blooming youngsters coming through this season from the youth then I will be happy to stay in this division.

Because if we went up again all I can see is more heartache and everyones hopes again will come crashing down as Gareth fetch's us straight back down.

Gibson is in a difficult situation at present, Boro are doing well.

He gave Gareth until December to start performing like a manager,which is why he as withheld transfer funds because he would need any spare cash for the incoming manager if Gareth never worked out.

So that means Gareth cannot invest in any really decent players of value.

Come January if we are a strong position at the top you may see Gibson release funds.

I would have to say 10 points clear at least from the chasing pack.

Before he is ready to gamble more millions with Gareth.

Because he knows only too well that if Boro are to survive in the P/L they will be needing at least 2 decent midfielders.

I will say at present I am pleased with his purchases,Lita will come good after a few more games and Yeats is like a breath of fresh air you can see the impact he is having on Johno and Emnes, but the wingers cannot keep carrying the team the central mid as to be strong to, when O'Neil goes for his op then you may see a drop cos Williams who is a wonder so far this season will have a lot of pressure put on him.

Im a Sunderland fan and really hope Boro come straight back up. I have been very impressed by the results and they way Southgate is running the team. Good luck for the season and hope to see you back in the premier league next year.

Hi Jamie,you were caught out badly last night weren't yer,cost me a few bob also.:D

Hope you survive this season was a bit dubious about you lot paying that much for Bent but he is proving a asset.

I see Catts was in trouble again last night,:D still Brucie will sort him out.

Good luck.

As has been said before, once we know the team on 1st Sept for certain, i'll then pass more judgement on our potential finish.

If we keep the back line as it is i think we'll be right up there at the top of the league.

A agree with you Capt. Sensible and the irony of Gareth being Premiership Manager of the Month last August wasn't lost on me - it's just that we don't get to say it very often..... in fact I can't remember singing it since the last game at Ayresome Park... so here we go again... "We are top of the league, we are...." nearly anyway! Only 10 more days to go and we'll know who we are keeping - fingers crossed! :rolleyes: