oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AsheAshe

Death Stranding

Anyone got it?

My girlfriend wants me to do some caulking today, the only way I can get out of it is if I can say I've got a hot new game I need to get into. Decisions decisions! It looks amazingly well done but the gameplay seems to be polarising people. Can possibly pick it up at a discount in a few weeks time, but then I've got to fill the gap left by completing Borderlands 3. I've tried getting into Borderlands 2 but its hard to go back from the obvious advancements that BL3 made on the franchise (didn't play the others originally)

Not played it and don't currently plan on playing it. Really not sold on it from when it was first announced, doesn't help that Kojima clearly didn't want to show anything off but that meant that nobody knew what you were actually going to do when you play the game. So he's drip-fed the info out, realised nobody but Kojima fans cared, then went full out there with massive game-play videos to try and show people how the mechanics of it worked. By that point, it had already lost me.

Still, there's a lot of talk about it within the industry since it's come out. Not as much regular hype but critically it seems to be holding up quite well and slowly generating the hype out of people who have played it and really found it to be good.

I loved the Metal Gear Solid series, even 4 in a way which was like a terrible game movie (thinking Angelina Jolie's Tomb Raider which I watched recently again, what a hell-hole), but the new concept really isn't sold on me. I'm making my way through God of War at the moment so not really bothered by missing out.