oneBoro Forum

Boro V Hull City 2-2 (Tavernier, Fletcher)

Nice post Sarumite! 👍

Will Woodgate stick with the same side from QPR?

I'd expect so, considering it will be another tough game against mid-table opposition. Any changes will likely be forced by injury / fitness. Or focused on shoring up our defence.

- What is the key to Boro taking 3 points from the game?

Some of this would help

Champions League Football GIF by FC Bayern Munich

- Will Britt Assombalonga now find some confidence in front of goal?

Sadly, I don't expect so. Its gonna be another tough game with chances at a premium. Don't see him getting gifts like the one at QPR.

- Is Lewis Wing performing to his potential?

I don't think so...but then neither is anyone else (except Randolph and Ayala). Difficult for an individual to shine when the rest of the team is struggling.

Honestly would be happy with a draw from this. Unfortunately I think Hull will be too good for us.

Prediction: Boro 0 - 1 Hull

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BUGGER That was a bit of a shame, wasn't it 😢 First half was some good stuff and we were a much more confident looking side than you'd think we would be.  The early goal obviously helped a g

Sorry - but it’s a bit unfair to be  hammering the manager for bringing off 1 of 2 attackers to try and defend a 2 goal league. Almost any manager would do that - and it makes sense tactically. You co

Welcome to the Official oneBoro Match Day Thread for the EFL Championship fixture between Middlesbrough and Hull City.  Boro currently find themselves in the bottom 3 of the Championship without

Posted Images

Expect to see Clayton start for Tavs in the middle which will push Wing out to the left. That will give us somewhat of a threat down that side but vulnerable due to both Lewis and Marvin not being great at their defensive duties. 
My prediction is that we will need to score two to get anything out of this game so hopefully Britt puts his chances away. 

Head says 1-1

Heart says 2-1 Boro 

On 11/18/2019 at 3:51 PM, Sarumite said:

Will Woodgate stick with the same side from QPR?

- What is the key to Boro taking 3 points from the game?

- Will Britt Assombalonga now find some confidence in front of goal?

- Is Lewis Wing performing to his potential?

From what Woody said in the team news, I'm not sure Friend us fit. If he is, I imagine it will be the same team as they did okay and we don't have many alternatives. 

To get 3 points, we need to score more goals than we concede.

I think Britt unfortunately will freeze at the Riverside. Could do with another away game first to try and get another away goal and some confidence back.

Wing seems to be underperforming. Think he needs some more experienced people around to guide him. I still think he has a lot of potential, but he needs role models around him to learn from and inspire him.

I think we need 4 points from the next 2 games otherwise things are going to look really bleak. 

Stoke have 2 wins out of 2 now under O'Neil and they should have enough good players to get away from the relegation zone. 

I believe a draw is possible but only 2 wins from 16 games does not give me much hope for more. It could be argued in the last game we had shown a bit more ability but the fact was the opposition were weak. If we can start picking up points starting tomorrow, then we may have a chance to move in the right direction but make no mistake, mid table is looking very hard to achieve. If things don’t start happening sooner rather than latter I can see SG swallowing pride and making changes. 

• Like 1

Seem to have lost my previous reply , sorry if it turns up as a double post.

we 're now in the bottom 2 & so really need a win, albeit a draw will take us out of the relegation spots, which I suspect might happen.

its hard for woodgate , he's not got many options, but I'd persevere with Tav as he can commit/ pressurise defenders  , & play wing further forward- although it may take a few games to bear any fruit,  luxury we don't really have

• Like 1

Whilst "only needing" one point is sufficient to get us out of the bottom 3 I hope that the players see this as a "must win" game because it is, thankfully others above us are having serious troubles of their own but we are still in deep trouble ourselves.

Nothing less is simply  good enough and only wins breed confidence.

Massive game

• Like 2