oneBoro Forum

Boro V Hull City 2-2 (Tavernier, Fletcher)

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BUGGER That was a bit of a shame, wasn't it 😢 First half was some good stuff and we were a much more confident looking side than you'd think we would be.  The early goal obviously helped a g

Sorry - but it’s a bit unfair to be  hammering the manager for bringing off 1 of 2 attackers to try and defend a 2 goal league. Almost any manager would do that - and it makes sense tactically. You co

Welcome to the Official oneBoro Match Day Thread for the EFL Championship fixture between Middlesbrough and Hull City.  Boro currently find themselves in the bottom 3 of the Championship without

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Whilst "only needing" one point is sufficient to get us out of the bottom 3 I hope that the players see this as a "must win" game because it is, thankfully others above us are having serious troubles of their own but we are still in deep trouble ourselves.

Nothing less is simply  good enough and only wins breed confidence.

Massive game

I'm going 3-1 Boro I,ve got a feeling in my water...Its that or a medical condition

• Haha 1

Thoroughly enjoyed my month off going to the riverside. I even worked one Saturday and enjoyed it more than going to the Boro games of late.

Saying that, our recent away performances give me a bit of hope and Britt should have a bit more confidence now. I'll go for a nervy 1-0 win. 

Reckon the crowd will be low today with it being sunday/on telly/Boro...

2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Whilst "only needing" one point is sufficient to get us out of the bottom 3 I hope that the players see this as a "must win" game because it is, thankfully others above us are having serious troubles of their own but we are still in deep trouble ourselves.

Nothing less is simply  good enough and only wins breed confidence.

Massive game

Most Important Game of the Season - would you say? 😉

In all seriousness, every game is a Cup Final for us now. Somehow, somewhere, the lads need to find some self-belief, not to mention some discipline and organisation at the back, plus some quick thinking going forward.

We seem to start games quite brightly, but then lose our way for long spells, then get reduced to panicked, headless chicken defending for the last 10 minutes or so.

Suppose we can only hope the international break has given Woody and the coaches time to drill some (or even all) of the above into the squad.

The difference being BORO have drawn to many games conceding 21 and only scoring 13 goals to date and there lies the problem, not conceding 21 goals but only scoring 13. So is our defending any worse than Bristol as high as 7th, no it’s not and neither is it when compared to a lot more teams but we are weak in goals and 14 short of QPR in 12th. This has got me asking myself if creating goals come from midfield then why is nothing being done about it. 

• Like 1