oneBoro Forum

Boro V Hull City 2-2 (Tavernier, Fletcher)

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BUGGER That was a bit of a shame, wasn't it 😢 First half was some good stuff and we were a much more confident looking side than you'd think we would be.  The early goal obviously helped a g

Sorry - but it’s a bit unfair to be  hammering the manager for bringing off 1 of 2 attackers to try and defend a 2 goal league. Almost any manager would do that - and it makes sense tactically. You co

Welcome to the Official oneBoro Match Day Thread for the EFL Championship fixture between Middlesbrough and Hull City.  Boro currently find themselves in the bottom 3 of the Championship without

Posted Images

It was a red card but I don't think it was as dangerous as it first looked.

He is going for the block not a tackle and I think getting a flick on the ball actually sends his leg upwards slightly so it gets higher than it originally was.

Still an easy red card as his studs were up. Stupid decision by a player I thought was having a good game.

• Like 1

It is a bit mad when the stadium goes "Oooooof" when Johnson goes in then boos the ref and Lichaj for the rest of the half after. Clear that they all initially thought it was a bad tackle. Didn't have a clear cut view of it but my initial thoughts when it happened was red and it was a daft decision. Shame as he'd been having an alright half as well.

First goal was against run of play but the 2nd was class work between the 2 strikers, Britt has probably been the best player so far, hold up play has been astounding.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

What part of "studs up is dangerous" don't you understand?

I am aware of the silly rule you get a red as soon as you show the studs, but I think its a silly rule when there is no real harm in the tackle. You should be punsihed by the outcome not anything else 😉

Well it was going so well a completely different game now down to one stupid tackle. I must mention Assombalonga he was outstanding in that half ably assisted by McNair Tav and Fletcher.  Where the hell is Dijksteel suppised to be playing I wish somebody would tell him as he looks completely lost as does Wing in that deep role

Just now, ladyspite said:

I am aware of the silly rule you get a red as soon as you show the studs, but I think its a silly rule when there is no real harm in the tackle. You should be punsihed by the outcome not anything else 😉

It's not a silly rule. I'm guessing you've never had a football boot's studs embedded in your knee before?

Two up and I was feeling ever so confident until a muppet ruined it. It has given Hull a life line and they have now picked up the tempo. If we try to defend for 45 mins we are @@@@@@. What is it about BORO that they manage to shoot themselves in the foot.  

2-0 up and it was actually enjoyable watching us for a change, but the red card means we will likely revert to holding on to the lead in the second half, which i'm never convinced we can do. We just have to dig deep and hope we can hit them on the break on a few occasions.