oneBoro Forum

Boro V Hull City 2-2 (Tavernier, Fletcher)

Well, after a scrappy first 10 minutes or so, Boro were largely in control of the game, creating by far the better chances. Utterly dominant after we scored...Hull barely had a sniff of a chance.

Then Johnson sees the red mist, followed by a red card and Boro are on the back foot, as Hull sense a way back into the game.

Fortunately there wasn't much time left, so our 2-0 lead is intact.

Gonna need a BIG effort 2nd half, both to contain Hull and to keep some attacking play going. If we just sit back and try to hold on to what we've got, it will not end well.

• Like 1
  • Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BUGGER That was a bit of a shame, wasn't it 😢 First half was some good stuff and we were a much more confident looking side than you'd think we would be.  The early goal obviously helped a g

Sorry - but it’s a bit unfair to be  hammering the manager for bringing off 1 of 2 attackers to try and defend a 2 goal league. Almost any manager would do that - and it makes sense tactically. You co

Welcome to the Official oneBoro Match Day Thread for the EFL Championship fixture between Middlesbrough and Hull City.  Boro currently find themselves in the bottom 3 of the Championship without

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It's not a silly rule. I'm guessing you've never had a football boot's studs embedded in your knee before?

Actually yes 🙂 And she was not sent off, was 20 years ago 🙂

These days you get a red if you tackle the ball with the studs, I do think its a silly rule, football is a physical game, sliding tackles are wonderfull, now you are not even allowed to tackle from behind even if you tae the ball first..... football is not what it used to be, its showing with more and more primadonnas

Just now, ladyspite said:

These days you get a red if you tackle the ball with the studs, I do think its a silly rule, football is a physical game, sliding tackles are wonderfull, now you are not even allowed to tackle from behind even if you tae the ball first..... football is not what it used to be, its showing with more and more primadonnas

You really haven't got a clue, have you?

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

You really haven't got a clue, have you?

Absolutely non, but I am not a PC wozzie like you, I stand for my belives 🙂 You are all wuzzies, its why Engand cant play Handball to physical for you, its a wonder you actually can play Rugby 😛

Couple of nice goals. We cut through them really nicely at times.

Shame about the red though. It looked like a bad tackle at the time, but after seeing the replay I'm not 100% sure it was red. No need for him to tackle at all there though.

We should still see this out. Hull don't look anything special

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ladyspite said:

Absolutely non, but I am not a PC wozzie like you, I stand for my belives 🙂 You are all wuzzies, its why Engand cant play Handball to physical for you, its a wonder you actually can play Rugby 😛

What the *** is a wozzie?

We don't play handball because it's *** *** sweetheart.

3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Looking at that tackle again he doesn’t even touch him with his studs. He hits him with his heel

Doesent matter as many has pointed out, you get a red if you show your studs in a tackle. Modern football 😛 Most seem to think its the way to go so not gonna complain anymore

3 minutes ago, ladyspite said:

Well thats Health & Safety for you. Its not just football. Just look at the changes that have happened in cricket, rugby and Formula 1. All sports have become a lot more safety conscious over the years.

But yes, footballers in particular are pretty despicable with some of their antics, trying to get opponents booked / sent off.

But refs are only human. My initial reaction when I saw Johnson's tackle was, "Oh *** - thats a red!" So I can't blame him for sending Marvin off.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

What the *** is a wozzie?

We don't play handball because it's *** *** sweetheart.

Allright 🙂 wozzie is a mix between a wookie and wuzz

I still think its hard, but with todays rules its a red that I can agree on

• Haha 1