oneBoro Forum

Boro V Hull City 2-2 (Tavernier, Fletcher)

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BUGGER That was a bit of a shame, wasn't it 😢 First half was some good stuff and we were a much more confident looking side than you'd think we would be.  The early goal obviously helped a g

Sorry - but it’s a bit unfair to be  hammering the manager for bringing off 1 of 2 attackers to try and defend a 2 goal league. Almost any manager would do that - and it makes sense tactically. You co

Welcome to the Official oneBoro Match Day Thread for the EFL Championship fixture between Middlesbrough and Hull City.  Boro currently find themselves in the bottom 3 of the Championship without

Posted Images

In my opinion trying to protect the lead is the right thing with our defence.

We regularly get carved open when we have 11 men on the pitch, trying to play more attacking football with 10 I think would have been even more of a disaster than that was. 

For me woodgate is stuck between a rock and a hard place and those dropped 2 points fall squarely on the shoulders of johnson.

• Like 3

Sorry - but it’s a bit unfair to be  hammering the manager for bringing off 1 of 2 attackers to try and defend a 2 goal league. Almost any manager would do that - and it makes sense tactically. You could argue that he took the wrong player off - as assombolonga is not great at chasing down defenders on his own (but he had a great first half). 

Johnson is to blame. Idiotic red card and totally uncalled for. Shame because we actually looked like we were playing good football. I think this season is pretty much a dead duck. We’ll find a way to pick up enough points (to stay up) and need to clear the forest of deadwood that is our playing staff at the end of the year.

• Like 7

At least there’s positives we can take.

we carried on our improved form from the qpr game, we got a couple of good goals and the players looked transformed in the first half.

Its a sickener to only get a point but playing over the full 90 minutes has been our downfall all season. It’s definately better than earlier in the season.

• Like 1

...aaaaaannnnd breathe and relax...

As good as Boro were in the first half, they were absolutely dire in the 2nd half. Suppose you can at least partly put that down to Woodgate's reaction to Johnson's sending off...but surely the players should have the common sense to realise that camping in your own penalty area and letting the opposition have so much time on the ball isn't a recipe for success?

Granted Hull's first goal was a bit out of nowhere...but their equaliser felt pretty much inevitable. Boro were also pretty lucky they didn't manage to get a winner.

Overall, a draw feels like a fair result (and I would have taken it before kick-off).

Yes Johnson was an idiot to get himself sent off like that...but the rest of the team need to realise they've got to step up and not just retreat into their shells.