oneBoro Forum

Boro V Hull City 2-2 (Tavernier, Fletcher)

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

In my opinion trying to protect the lead is the right thing with our defence.

We regularly get carved open when we have 11 men on the pitch, trying to play more attacking football with 10 I think would have been even more of a disaster than that was. 

For me woodgate is stuck between a rock and a hard place and those dropped 2 points fall squarely on the shoulders of johnson.

Agreed. I still think bringing Clayton on was the right choice, we just can't defend to save our lives.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BUGGER That was a bit of a shame, wasn't it 😢 First half was some good stuff and we were a much more confident looking side than you'd think we would be.  The early goal obviously helped a g

Sorry - but it’s a bit unfair to be  hammering the manager for bringing off 1 of 2 attackers to try and defend a 2 goal league. Almost any manager would do that - and it makes sense tactically. You co

Welcome to the Official oneBoro Match Day Thread for the EFL Championship fixture between Middlesbrough and Hull City.  Boro currently find themselves in the bottom 3 of the Championship without

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

We regularly get carved open when we have 11 men on the pitch, trying to play more attacking football with 10 I think would have been even more of a disaster than that was. 

For me woodgate is stuck between a rock and a hard place and those dropped 2 points fall squarely on the shoulders of johnson.

You're talking a load of crap. 

I was out at a 6 year olds birthday party. Saw we were 2-0 up and was upset that I was missing the performance of the season. Got home then with 5 mins to play only to find out it was 2-2 and we were down to 10! My god we were awful in that 5 minutes I watched though. 

Still.... positives:

We are no longer in the relegation zone and no longer the lowest scorers in the league 😀 

Also we have way too many draws (WDL 2/8/7) every other team bar Barnsley has 4 wins at least but QPR in 12th have lost as many as us, Bristol in 7th have drawn as many

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

We are obviously going to defend with 10 against 11 but we didn't need to be so deep. That doesn't mean to say we should be attacking with 11 men but we basically surrendered 3 quarters of the pitch for most of the second half. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TeessideChris78 said:

Let's all blame Johnson for Woodgate's tactics after he got sent off 🙄🙄🙄

Manager is at fault for his team changes and the rest of the players are at fault for completely bottling it and letting Hull dominate the 2nd half. 

Yes Johnson deserves some stick...but he's far from the only one.

Cruising till that *** clown Johnson committed football suicide, Woodgate's tactics 2nd half absolutely pathetic, take Fletcher off and play right into Hull's hands, gave Hull license to dictate the play and come forward without any offensive threat from us. poor poor managerial decisions. Its obvious Woodgate and the backroom staff haven't got a *** clue.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I disagree because stats show we have coincided no worse than many other teams and the way Brit was playing a bit of support could have taking more pressure off. Hull defensively were not great and a bit of pressure could have given us time or even an opportunist goal. I blame Woodgate. 

It's not hindsight I really couldn't understand bringing Clayton on at half time and leaving Britt totally isolated. Tav is not and never will be a left back. Johnson was stupid, but Woodgate takes a big share of the blame for blowing a wonderful chance to get a win. By all means defend if you have the players but you still need to hav some posession.

1 minute ago, TeessideChris78 said:

Let's all blame Johnson for Woodgate's tactics after he got sent off 🙄🙄🙄

I’m normally one of Woodgate’s biggest critics but you’re deluded if you’re putting the blame on him for today. 

We were in complete control before Johnson decided to be an absolute idiot. 

it was inevitable we were going to sit back and protect second half. There aren’t many managers in the world who wouldn’t, especially given our position in the league. Who’s to say we wouldn’t have lost 5-2 if we had decided to keep going at Hull. At the end of t he say we were only broken down by a worldie and then the nerves kicked in. 

Today is 100% down to Johnson. I hope he’s sold in January. Coulson should be starting in that position anyway. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ChipBarrington said:

I havent read through all the comments yet, but I am a little bewildered that we heard people boo at the end. Yes we went from 2-0 to 2-2 but it was with 10 men for quite a long time and the players that were on the pitch put a shift in. 

We haven't won in 10 games....

• Like 1