oneBoro Forum

Boro V Hull City 2-2 (Tavernier, Fletcher)

4 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

Yes, Woodgate might as well have telegraphed his intent with that half time substitution. Every team in the division know how we'll play with Clayton in the team. It's no coincidence we're playing better without him. Woodgate hasn't got a clue.

Completely agree. I'm not saying we should of gone offensively but he kept a make shift defence which were down to 10 men when he had the bench to change it. 

Woody is to blame for that!

• Like 1
  • Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BUGGER That was a bit of a shame, wasn't it 😢 First half was some good stuff and we were a much more confident looking side than you'd think we would be.  The early goal obviously helped a g

Sorry - but it’s a bit unfair to be  hammering the manager for bringing off 1 of 2 attackers to try and defend a 2 goal league. Almost any manager would do that - and it makes sense tactically. You co

Welcome to the Official oneBoro Match Day Thread for the EFL Championship fixture between Middlesbrough and Hull City.  Boro currently find themselves in the bottom 3 of the Championship without

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Woodgate hasn't defended Johnson. Criticized him for a lack of discipline.

Thats fair enough.

I'm just wondering how he's going to defend the rest of the team's 2nd half performance.

Can't make Johnson a scapegoat for that godawful display.

10 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I am sorry but Woodgate can't just go on Sky and throw Johnson under the bus! 

He cost us the game but I completely agree. Let's see what reaction he gets because of this because Pulis got slaughtered for doing it to certain players.

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

Played really well first half. I've been one of Britts biggest critics on here but he's been excellent. 

Let's see whether that red card costs us. 

I've seen the tackle a few times now, It was NOT two footed but he showed his studs thats probs why it ended in a red card, a poor tackle and I honestly think a Yellow would have been,The Hull player made a meal of it too

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I’m normally one of Woodgate’s biggest critics but you’re deluded if you’re putting the blame on him for today. 

We were in complete control before Johnson decided to be an absolute idiot. 

it was inevitable we were going to sit back and protect second half. There aren’t many managers in the world who wouldn’t, especially given our position in the league. Who’s to say we wouldn’t have lost 5-2 if we had decided to keep going at Hull. At the end of t he say we were only broken down by a worldie and then the nerves kicked in. 

Today is 100% down to Johnson. I hope he’s sold in January. Coulson should be starting in that position anyway. 

I'm not saying Johnson isn't to be blamed, it was a stupid tackle and a stupid sending off, but at the end of the day the manager needs to take the blame as his tactics have cost us the game, at 2-0 up and down,to 10 men, the game was there for the win, all Woodgate had to do was ever so slightly change it but no, he had to remove the attacking threat and sit back, inviting Hull to attack.

So if Johnson's to be sold in January, are you suggesting Saville is to be also sold as well since he cost us the game against Derby?

In all of this one thing I have changed my mind on is that Boro  can avoid relegation because our performances overall have improved and we should start picking up some wins.

Yes today should under normal circumstances be a Boro win in fact Johnson was playing well also.

Crap happens, we do not have the lad for 3 games now but he will never make that error again I bet.

Sadly however this win is getting into the elusive region and to be honest I suspect we will only get a draw against Barnsley purely off the back of today

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Just so I get this right, are people really saying bringing Clayton on and keeping Tavernier at LB and HOwson at CB was the right change?

You have 2 LB's on the bench and one of them should of been used for definate especially when you are already having make shift defence with Howson at CB.

People will say Howson CB was working 1st half when we were leading but soon as we went down to 10 men we should of put McNair there even though it weakens us (before people pick up on my earlier post).

1st half was excellent and Britt was playing brilliant. His movement was excellent and the first time I've seen that this season and that's because Fletch was playing close to him.

2nd half invetiably we were going to have to soak up pressure, but you don't have to soak up that much pressure if you are organised.

Tav was moving into a CB position and where the hell did Dijksteel play throughout the whole game lol?

Yes, the sending off changed the game but I think woody got changes wrong and had 45mins to make another change which was needed for me. Bola/Coulson could of been changed for either Howson, Tav, Dijksteel, Wing or McNair and we would have been more solid with people playing in natural positions or where they have played before.

I just hope the end result doesn't kill the morale as that 1st half performance was excellent.

**** Johnson and make sure he gets disciplined because that was utterly ridiculous and completely needless. Mistakes happen but use your brain on challenges on the half way line when you are 2-0 up.

Well said and I totally agree. The number of players being played out of position in the second half was unnecessary. 2 left back options on the bench and we play neither of them. 

johnson should be given the maximum fine we can give him, it was so stupid. 

up to that sending off I thought it was a very good performance, it’s so annoying we’ve failed to win from that position. 

Johnson is not good enough to be the difference between a good and bad team, what I’m saying he is not pivotal a link pin. So we lost a player which other players could have made up for most if not all of his absence with the right tactics.  Woodgate should never have removed our outlet in favour of a static brick wall and he must accept his failure. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

Johnson is not good enough to be the difference between a good and bad team, what I’m saying he is not pivotal a link pin. So we lost a player which other players could have made up for most if not all of his absence with the right tactics.  Woodgate should never have removed our outlet in favour of a static brick wall and he must accept his failure. 

We were set up to attack, but went so far the other way defensively it was ridiculous and Hull were suspect at the back we lost all our offensive threat. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Jesus this is painful.

Boro at full panic stations now.

You have a feeling its just a matter of when Hull get the winner.

Good job there wasn't another 10 mins 

Ridiculous from Johnson, definitely a red which changed the game, we were great until then.

For me though, the second half performance is on Woodgate. He has to be culpable if he’s manager of the team. As soon as Clayton came on second half everyone could tell exactly how the game was going to pan out. 
People are saying ‘it’s easy to say that with hindsight’, but even at the time it was a bad decision.

He doesn’t seem to learn from his tactical mistakes. He’s inept, and not bright enough to manage a football club in my opinion.

He deserves the season to prove me and others wrong, but I can’t see him ever being a success for us.

I know that seems harsh, and I’ll be more than happy to look foolish if I’m a proven wrong. But for me, he’s out of his depth in football management.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Totally agree had it been the other way I'd have been screaming blue murder, awful challenge. 

Soon as it happened I said to my lad that he will be off, there was no need for it at all!

Woodgate as I said had his ready made excuse and has told everyone he blames him for the loss.

Now hopefully someone will blame Woodgate for his lack of management skills. We really could have gone on and won the game even with 10 men

• Like 1