oneBoro Forum

Boro V Hull City 2-2 (Tavernier, Fletcher)

Good 40 minutes, granted. 

That second half was as absolutely horrid. Yes I know we were down to ten men, but the game against Fulham showed that you can still play with 10 men and look ok going forward and defensively. 

But dear me our tactics when going down to ten men we may as well have just said to Hull "here you go lads have a go" sparse attacks and spent most of the game camped in our half and box and honestly 5 mins in you could see precisely what the result was going to be. 

Johnson was absolutely stupid, but Woodgate was just as stupid with the tactics in the second half. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BUGGER That was a bit of a shame, wasn't it 😢 First half was some good stuff and we were a much more confident looking side than you'd think we would be.  The early goal obviously helped a g

Sorry - but it’s a bit unfair to be  hammering the manager for bringing off 1 of 2 attackers to try and defend a 2 goal league. Almost any manager would do that - and it makes sense tactically. You co

Welcome to the Official oneBoro Match Day Thread for the EFL Championship fixture between Middlesbrough and Hull City.  Boro currently find themselves in the bottom 3 of the Championship without

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

He cost us the game but I completely agree. Let's see what reaction he gets because of this because Pulis got slaughtered for doing it to certain players.

You are not honestly suggesting Pulis throwing the likes of Wing/Tav and Britt under the bus despite being our better players and maybe having the odd off game is the same as Woodgate throwing Johnson under the bus for a absolutely ridiculous game losing decision are you? 

Our second goal was absolutely brilliant, wish I could have paused my day after that.

***'s sake Johnson, you idiot. Dijksteel was poor, as was Clayton.

I think it was the right decision to bring him on, but his performance did not help. Baffling booking from the ref, not sure how you can book someone for timewasting as they're mid-kick of the ball.

One of Bola or Coulson should have came on at some point, bizarre to play Tavernier at left back when you have 2 on the bench and 2 subs left.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Manager is at fault for his team changes and the rest of the players are at fault for completely bottling it and letting Hull dominate the 2nd half. 

Yes Johnson deserves some stick...but he's far from the only one.

God I've never needed Gaviscon more than I do now ,Don't put a player in the Stocks for a mistake Thats all it was bad mistake...we move on

6 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

You are not honestly suggesting Pulis throwing the likes of Wing/Tav and Britt under the bus despite being our better players and maybe having the odd off game is the same as Woodgate throwing Johnson under the bus for a absolutely ridiculous game losing decision are you? 

What I'm saying is you should never criticise your own players on national TV and it should be done behind the scenes.

Man Management is everything these days

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Our second goal was absolutely brilliant, wish I could have paused my day after that.

***'s sake Johnson, you idiot. Dijksteel was poor, as was Clayton.

I think it was the right decision to bring him on, but his performance did not help. Baffling booking from the ref, not sure how you can book someone for timewasting as they're mid-kick of the ball.

One of Bola or Coulson should have came on at some point, bizarre to play Tavernier at left back when you have 2 on the bench and 2 subs left.

Finally someone else talks sense.

We were already playing with a makeshift defence with Howson and made it worse by putting Tav there lol. Sorry Woody but you are to blame for that along with your coaches

1 hour ago, Otto42 said:

It's not hindsight I really couldn't understand bringing Clayton on at half time and leaving Britt totally isolated. Tav is not and never will be a left back. Johnson was stupid, but Woodgate takes a big share of the blame for blowing a wonderful chance to get a win. By all means defend if you have the players but you still need to hav some posession.

Switching to 4-4-1 was the obvious thing to do Defending so deep We arn't good at

Just now, diggerlad07 said:

Finally someone else talks sense.

We were already playing with a makeshift defence with Howson and made it worse by putting Tav there lol. Sorry Woody but you are to blame for that along with your coaches

He talks about this in his post match presser.

Went for Tav over Coulson/Bola because they are both attacking players and he felt Tav was better suited for the defensive role.

15 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He talks about this in his post match presser.

Went for Tav over Coulson/Bola because they are both attacking players and he felt Tav was better suited for the defensive role.

The same Tav who spent half on the first half in attacking positions and scored you mean? Spending money on Bola who was in his presentation when he applied for the job gets over picked by an attacking CM in Tavernier lol.... Come on Woody is clueless

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I thought Tav played well there and should not be criticised in any way for the collapse. He was doing well, why change him?

For the record I'm not slating Tav, he played excellent 1st half but 2nd half (which wasn't his fault) was suspect and poor because he was played out of position. It was like playing Cattermole and Boateng right winger all over again under McClaren.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Completely agree. I'm not saying we should of gone offensively but he kept a make shift defence which were down to 10 men when he had the bench to change it. 

Woody is to blame for that!

Can I point out we set up 3-5-2 I would have thought 3-5-1 would have seen the game out personally I would have brought Coulson on But thats with hindsight...so now we move on to Tues

4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

The same Tav who spent half on the first half in attacking positions and scored you mean? Spending money on Bola who was in his presentation when he applied for the job gets over picked by an attacking CM in Tavernier lol.... Come on Woody is clueless

I wasn't trying to defend him merely pointing out that he was asked about that move. 

He clearly felt, for whatever reason, that Tav was the safer defensive option. 

Silver lining is we should see Coulson get a run in the team now.

• Like 1