oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sarumite

Boro V Hull City 2-2 (Tavernier, Fletcher)

Oof! Nice shot by Tav there!

Straight at the keeper though and a fairly straightforward block.

We need to stop hoofing it and try to just keep the ball in their half. Even if we're not going forward with it, we just need to keep possession.

• Like 2

Well *** - that came out of nowhere!

Long-range effort by Hull pulls a goal back for them.

BORO 2 - 1 HULL

Still over 20 minutes to hang on...or preferably get a 3rd.

• Like 1

Don't think we can rely on just defending need to take the game to them, pity Fletcher is off to be honest

Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Why do I always think of Ricky Tomlinson when I see his name?
    • I suspect a lot of people, like me, are frustrated by the fact it's a fairly weak league this season, and we aren't far away from getting into the play-offs. I honestly believe if we added a creative ACM and a one-in-two-to-three striker, we'd finish top six. But as it is, we don't have the strength in depth to change things, and the likes of Wing are luxury players we can't afford to start with. Yesterday was a punch in the tits, but I suspect Warnock will have the players fully fired up midweek, and there were probably some extenuating circumstances yesterday. And if Watmore is even 70 per cent fit, he starts, simply because nobody else can give us that creative spark.
    • It’s disappointing knowing we probably aren’t going to ‘have a go’ in January. Obviously Covid circumstances make it a slightly easier pill to swallow but feel like there is a real opportunity to be taken this season. Financially, there’s some big hitters ahead of us but we’ve more than matched them in the games we’ve played against them.  We’ve got a good core and just need to add a bit of quality that will allow us to eliminate some of of our inconsistency.  No doubt having Fletcher back will help but that quality out wide I still think we miss and I still think we’re without genuine technical ability in midfield. Hourihane would give us exactly that so fingers crossed we can push through a loan deal.  Yesterday’s result was a really hard one to take and watch so I’m hoping Gibson will have seen what we all saw and is willing to put his hands in his pocket and give us a real chance of breaking into the top six and establishing ourselves. 
    • How did I forget Downing.  Woody is the proverbial bad penny isn’t he.