oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sarumite

Boro V Hull City 2-2 (Tavernier, Fletcher)

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

The way they're practising the back line in the warm up, it looks like it's 4 at the back, Johnson, Fry, Ayala and Howson. Dijksteel may be in midfield.

That would be an odd move but I suppose dijksteel was a CDM originally so playing him deeper could work?

My first live game (well on the telly anyway) since Bristol so it will be interesting to see if we have progressed although the table says we haven't. Been out of the country mostly so had the perfect exscuse not to be closely involved with this car crash season. I am really not sure if I am looking forward to this or not as my current state of apathy is  very good for pain relief

3 points a must today. Come on Boro

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

That would be an odd move but I suppose dijksteel was a CDM originally so playing him deeper could work?

Could be a bit of gamesmanship, make Hull think Howson is at right-back, come kick off Dijksteel will be? Not sure how that would benefit us mind. 

Didn't Karanka do somthing similar with Bamford and it worked a treat?

2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Could be a bit of gamesmanship, make Hull think Howson is at right-back, come kick off Dijksteel will be? Not sure how that would benefit us mind. 

Didn't Karanka do somthing similar with Bamford and it worked a treat?

AK was the master of mind games!

Sky have Howson as a centre half with Ayala and Fry

Howson right sided CB, surely Dijksteel is better suited to that. 

4 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Embarrassing there is one hell of a lot of empty seats. 

Who wants to waste hard earned cash on this lot the way they've started the season?

2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Embarrassing there is one hell of a lot of empty seats. 

We've been slipping back down avg attendance for a couple of years Woodgate's reigns just accelerated it it is what it is.

Howson at CB, Bola not trusted ahead of Marvin Johnson at LWB still I... Whatever at this point.

Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• 1. Same formation as the Forest game. Expect Akpom to come in for Britt and Wing for Tav. 2. Not really but with the way this season's fixtures have been affected, it's often vital. 3. Yes. Refs have it in for him but he doesn't help himself sometimes. 4. No, see point number 1. 5. He's getting there! 6. Maiden, clearly 7. We're too inconsistent to make the playoffs. We might sneak in there but I doubt it. 8. Atsu (in my opinion would be a good signing, he's not being given a chance at Newcastle which given their situation is pretty shocking.)
    • SATURDAY 23RD JANUARY Barnsley v Cardiff City (D) AFC Bournemouth v Sheffield Wednesday (H) Coventry City v Nottingham Forest (A) Luton Town v Rotherham United (H) Middlesbrough v Blackburn Rovers (D) Millwall v Norwich City (A) Preston North End v Reading (A) Queens Park Rangers v Derby County (D) Stoke City v Watford (D) Swansea City v Brentford (D) Wycombe Wanderers v Birmingham City (A)   SUNDAY 24TH JANUARY Bristol City v Huddersfield Town (H)  
    • I see comments referencing COVID being a disruption to preparation which I don’t deny has, but it is not the whole reason for our inconsistency. We are no different to teams in all divisions, and we are well aware COVID exists, and if we haven’t then we should have mitigation in place.  Inconstancy has been more down to team selection and tactics then COVID and the fact, well apart from the two pack leaders, anyone can virtually beat anyone right now. It doesn’t help when players are not all firing at the same time but there is more of a willingness now to work towards a common goal then previous. Look I do now believe they believe and want to make it happen.   In realty we could easily have at least another 4 to 6 points on the board and equally have the same less points so overall we are doing fairly well. OK watching us play is not for the faint hearted but that’s may be the passion in us wanting more. Listen I would rather have a win then 3 boring daws sitting on our goal line.  I did not expect to be where we are and will gladly be content if we remain there about and possibly sneak a play off spot.   
    • I agree, all 3 should have had their contract ripped up. 
    • And this one is for The Jew and his mandatory comment ...