oneBoro Forum

28 minutes ago, Brunners said:

@Neverbefore how are the coaching badges coming along mate? xD

😂 feel like I probably wasted at last a year or two at Altrincham through not knowing about this- undoubtedly the reason I wasn't getting interviews given how well I had the team performing! Doing my continental c now at crotone, though it took me a couple of goes to get them to allow me time away to do it!

Will be posting an update of my crotone season later - im in January and I dont wanna say how its going right now so as to not jinx it!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have just downloaded a lower leagues database. Trying to take Billingham Synthonia (Tier 10) to the Champions League but have set myself the nightmare challenge of using only players who come throug

Not a massive update but I signed Michael essien to vanarama national league side Altrincham for 200 quid a week. That is all

4 years in and im only realising now I should have been studying for my qualifications! No wonder I've never got an interview outside of Altrincham!

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

As predicted. Totally jinxed it. I won my first 25 league games for crotone. As soon as I posted that I didnt want to jinx it I drew 2 and lost 1 in my next 3 fixtures. Actually raging!

All been there mate. I nearly bottled the league 2 years running. Thankfully I scraped a goal difference championship on the final day this year.

Just now, Brunners said:

All been there mate. I nearly bottled the league 2 years running. Thankfully I scraped a goal difference championship on the final day this year.

Just raging because I want that invincibles achievement and this is the second season running with 2 different teams that I've bottled it!

In any case it would take a Herculean  attempt to not get promoted now so i'm finally headed for the top flight! I've decided I want to keep this game going long term and attempt to win the league title in the big 4, England, Italy, Spain and Germany!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

As predicted. Totally jinxed it. I won my first 25 league games for crotone. As soon as I posted that I didnt want to jinx it I drew 2 and lost 1 in my next 3 fixtures. Actually raging!

The FM Gods are always watching mate!

And they are fickle, vengeful tricksters....

That Nigerian defender I posted on here before that I sold to Norwich for 10m, included a 40% sell on fee and he just moved to PSG for £83m 🙂 That's 30m in my pocket thank you very much. 

I'm sure he'll be available in a couple of seasons when he inevitably doesn't play for PSG.

Nice. I've never really had  a sell on percentage really pay off, probably cause I hang onto anyone decent of dear life haha. 

I finished top of the league with cotrone only to be handed a miniscule budget and demands of finishing top half in serie a! That combined with the fact that I had about 10 players on loan (the no loan restrictions in Italy is crazy) and a tiny squad, it was a pretty thankless task 

So I resigned convinced I could get a better top flight job - ended up with cagliari. Much better squad, same expectations as cutrone, a transfer budget 4 times bigger and a wage budget 6 times bigger.

Anyone come across crazy expectations from a board like that before?

8 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

When I originally joined Crewe in my save, the board wanted me to stay up. Were 3 points adrift with 4 games left. 

Once relegation was confirmed they expected me to win League 2 at the first attempt.

1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

When I originally joined Crewe in my save, the board wanted me to stay up. Were 3 points adrift with 4 games left. 

Once relegation was confirmed they expected me to win League 2 at the first attempt.

Smash the league. No board would ever expect that after relegation!

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Nice. I've never really had  a sell on percentage really pay off, probably cause I hang onto anyone decent of dear life haha. 

I finished top of the league with cotrone only to be handed a miniscule budget and demands of finishing top half in serie a! That combined with the fact that I had about 10 players on loan (the no loan restrictions in Italy is crazy) and a tiny squad, it was a pretty thankless task 

So I resigned convinced I could get a better top flight job - ended up with cagliari. Much better squad, same expectations as cutrone, a transfer budget 4 times bigger and a wage budget 6 times bigger.

Haha yeah, I like to try and hang on to players but if they come to me and say hey I'd like to move on, I'm not willing to risk ruining the harmony. Plus I knew this guy was going to be an absolute legend so knew full well if I could get a 40% sell on fee I'd be raking in the money in a couple years. 

At the minute I have teams bidding for my goalie, who knows I want 13.5m for him, and has a transfer value set at 13.5m, but all the bids are always 1.9 - 2.1m. Never negotiable. Teams never come back with increased bids, they just wait a couple weeks and try again. No idea what's going on there.

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to lurk on the main Boro forum but saw this thread from main page. Some good updates from people about their games. 👍

I started a game managing Boro after the January transfer update last season and have just finished the 2024/2025 season in which we qualified for the Europa League for the second time in three seasons.

image.thumb.png.5e93742d4d79ba740c9cc24bcef78373.png

The squad has changed a lot since getting promoted in the 2019/2020 season, with Scott McTominay joining for our first season back in the Premier League and becoming Captain after George Friend left on a free transfer.

image.thumb.png.6814687767c9e812978552f15f06a114.png

The aim for next season is to consolidate Boro's status as 'Best of the rest' in the Premier League and try to win one of the cups. However, there is going to be a period of adjustment as our main striker has just been sold.

image.thumb.png.8ab061deb6b54f8ad7c7cfae80741d1b.png

Not to worry though, we've signed a promising young Brazilian striker who I think is going to be even better.

image.thumb.png.5626d78e5e57a8a90966270611d4477d.png

Steve Gibson sold the club to a consortium a couple of years ago so we have a new Chairman. Thankfully, the team was doing well when they took over so my job was safe.

They did make a fitting tribute to the old Chairman however when they announced the construction of a new stadium.

image.thumb.png.55b33f4b9c5939479ff9e25ff9390b82.png

Hopefully I don't get sacked before we move in...

• Like 2