oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley 1-0 (Fletcher)

Welcome to the oneBoro Match Day Thread. EFL Championship football between 

Boro v Barnsley

Riverside Stadium

Wed 27th November 19:45

Well it certainly was a game of two halfs on sunday whereas Boro played some of the best footabll of the season in the first 45 mins and then failed to defend a 2 goal lead albeit with 10 men, but the tactics employed had a lot to do with it also. 

Marvin Johnson was dismissed during the first half against Hull on Sunday afternoon so will start his 3 match ban so Marc Bola could step in on the left-hand side of the midfield five here.

George Saville also misses out through suspension while Gestede, Shotton and Brown are out injured.

Possible Line up

-----------------Randolph----------------

---Ayala----------Fry-----------Howson

Dijksteel--Wing--Tav--Mcnair--Bola

----Assombalonga--Fletcher----

Personally i'd like to see anyone else on that right side other than Dijksteel as he seemed a liability every time the ball came to him but we are limited with options.

But on the positive side is that in the form table Barnsley are performing worse than even us. I personally think this is a very winnable game and the way our results have been this for the first time this season is a 'Must Win Game' against the team rock bottom of the league.

A View from the other side

Not much yet but when they get their mact thread up it will be found here 

http://boards.footymad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2442

Uwe's score prediction Boro 3-0 Barnsley

So its short and sweet from me but i'll hand over to you guys and gals and promise i'll do better for Dirty Leeds thread

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We should have been out of sight in that game had it not been for Barnsleys keeper pulling off heroics, what are you talking about "undeserved" and Barnsley should feel "robbed". We were far bett

Bonkers. People see what they want to see.    1st half both teams were rubbish with us having one or two clear cut chances that we should have put away. 2nd half we were good and should have

If we continue to show the levels we have the past few games we should edge away from the relegation zone over the season. It does feel like luck hasn't been with us in a lot of these matches.

Posted Images

Need a win, need it to be comfortable.

I'd bring in Coulson or Bola for Johnson but make no other changes.

Dijksteel was largely awful yesterday but I can only hope he'll get better and he's not going to do that if he gets dropped after his latest 1 match cameo.

Anything but a win and I genuinely think the club should start considering parting ways with Woodgate, we've played everyone easy and only managed to beat 2 of them and even they were a struggle. I suppose you could say we haven't played Stoke but I think they're going to shoot up and be comfortably mid table by the end of the season.

• Like 1

Championship survival this season may well depend on our being able to gain more points than Wigan, Luton and Barnsley. Anything other than a win on Wednesday gifts vital points to a rival in the fight for Championship status.  On paper, we should be able to beat Barnsley. In reality, who knows...

No idea what to expect for this one. You'd expect we have enough to beat Barnsley at home, but then again we've been let down so much over the last 3,5 years. It'll be a tough game and Barnsley will certainly relish their chances. We need to start like we did the last game and make sure we get the opening goal and then just keep on going forward. We can't defend to save our lives so we might aswell just try and score more goals. 2-1 Boro.

14 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Need a win, need it to be comfortable.

I'd bring in Coulson or Bola for Johnson but make no other changes.

Dijksteel was largely awful yesterday but I can only hope he'll get better and he's not going to do that if he gets dropped after his latest 1 match cameo.

Anything but a win and I genuinely think the club should start considering parting ways with Woodgate, we've played everyone easy and only managed to beat 2 of them and even they were a struggle. I suppose you could say we haven't played Stoke but I think they're going to shoot up and be comfortably mid table by the end of the season.

I honestly think Marc Bola,& Dijksteel will get better with game time,I also think Coulson should be in the side, but who to leave out ?...

Edited by Barnaby

I haven't been to a match since my son arrived, but I'm coming down from Scotland for this one, so I really hope it's a good performance. Will be interesting to see whether we get the first half vs Hull, which was probably the best half of the season (Marvin notwithstanding), or the second half, which was pretty awful from all concerned. The players deserve more criticism than they've had for going long and dropping back so much - they must have known Hull would smell blood. And I think Woodgate's contribution to the dropped points has been well discussed elsewhere on this forum.

Prediction: 2:1 to us. In my opinion, anything less than three points means Woodgate is finished, even if he limps on into December while Gibson sounds out possible replacements. We don't have any easy games left after this, and any incoming manager would want to be in place before January, to try and refresh the squad with loans etc.

Would rather see Coulson than Bola. Also, completely forgot Brown played for us until reading this thread... 

While I don't buy into the whole 'table is lying' narrative, it does feel like our luck has not been on our side this year. A few incredibly stupid decisions from individuals have stuck out as match defining moments too. 

Hope the players come out tonight feeling *** off about Saturday with a bit of fire in their bellies. They know they should have won and fingers crossed will take it out on Barnsley with more of what we saw in that first half. 3-1 Boro. 

9 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Friend out until February

Hmmmm have we seen the last of George I wonder?

Still Gestede will be fit soon and then be unavailable as he trips over the door mat on his way to some serious training

Psychology. Honestly if we were sitting higher up the table I doubt we would be even contemplating anything but a win and I believe Barnsley would have considered a draw a bonus. Unfortunately we are not and with only 2 wins under our belt and a habit of imploding Barnsley will fancy there chance. Such is the nature in being at the foot of a table means opposing teams play with confidence which gives them that little extra. I think we have more than enough to come away worthy winners but we will need to work hard.