oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley 1-0 (Fletcher)

43 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I wonder if he was brought back too soon?  He's been injured twice this season after playing just one game, which seems a little odd or incredibly unlucky.

He was brought back too soon from injury last season as well which ended very messy

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We should have been out of sight in that game had it not been for Barnsleys keeper pulling off heroics, what are you talking about "undeserved" and Barnsley should feel "robbed". We were far bett

Bonkers. People see what they want to see.    1st half both teams were rubbish with us having one or two clear cut chances that we should have put away. 2nd half we were good and should have

If we continue to show the levels we have the past few games we should edge away from the relegation zone over the season. It does feel like luck hasn't been with us in a lot of these matches.

Posted Images

Woody said it was a different injury but very possible, when it's the player knocking on your door desperate to play rather than just being approved to play. His only game all season, did he even play in any pre-season or U23 games? Bound to have an effect.

3 hours ago, Maccarone said:

Friend's the new Gestede, coaching role for him looming....

He has done his coaching badges to keep his options open so very well could happen in the future. He is deciding between that or using his Sport Journalism degree and writing for a paper. I think we will still see him back Feb onwards. 

Well there aren't many teams who have been worse than Boro this season, but poor old Barnsley are definitely one. Just the solitary win so far and they've conceded 2 goals for every 1 they've scored.

If we can't beat that sorry lot, the entire team should resign and get paper rounds with the Evening Gazette! 😁

For once I'm hoping Woodgate does "focus on the positives" from the Hull game. That first 45 minutes should give our lads the belief that they CAN play decent football. If we can replicate that performance, I can't see past 3 points for us.

I confidently predict tomorrow is going to be WINSday for Boro. Think we'll only manage a couple though and rue a few missed chances that our grannies could have scored. 

Prediction: Boro 2 - 0 Barnsley

• Like 1

We've got to be beating Barnsley, if we can't win this one then I honestly don't know were the next win is coming from. Would only make that one enforced change from Sunday, Coulson/Bola ( take your pick) in for Johnson, the rest as you where.

Anything other than a win and Woodgate in principal  should shot the towel in, but he won't because as he says he's enjoying it, haven't got a clue what the *** his enjoying mind. 

I actually think we will get our first 3 points for bloody long time here. But (and these days there's always a but). We will make hard work of it as we really lack composure at the back. So there are going to be some serious pin ball incidents in our box.

However. We should have enough to beat a very poor Barnsley side. I am still not convinced we can keep a clean sheet so I am going 2-1 to the Boro. 

Boro to go 2-0 up. Do something incredibly stupid to allow Barnsley to get a goal back and then finish the game with a very nervy final 20 minutes.

But seriously. There can be NO excuses for Woodgate if we do not get a win. For me it could only show that the players have no respect for him and want him gone.

• Like 2

GAME DAY

I dont think they will be as open at the back as Hull were first half as they will be thinking about not losing as a priority. But if our movement and interplay as as good as that opening spell we could finally get a win, and a convincing one at that. Im going 3-1 Boro. Britt, McNair, Britt.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, BoroAbroad said:

Boro to go 2-0 up. Do something incredibly stupid to allow Barnsley to get a goal back and then finish the game with a very nervy final 20 minutes.

That sounds very like the Hull game, and therefore extremely plausible...

I think both teams will start the game so scared/desperate not to lose that the first half with fizzle out with a few half chances for both teams, probably us missing the best of them. 2nd half we will push a bit harder and take more risks getting a goal ~70th minute and then holding onto the 1-0 for 20 minutes to get a much needed 3 points. 

After the game it will be repeated it's more about the 3 points than the performance, and we push on to Leeds Saturday 🙂 

Barnsley  haven't won since 1st game of the season, averaging over 2 goals a game against, 36 in total, we've got to be looking to play with the same level and intensity that we did 1st half against Hull  and blow these out the water. we're at home on our own turf, in front of our home fans so  I don't buy into this nervousness crap, you go out and get the job done no excuses. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, FamilyBoro said:

I think both teams will start the game so scared/desperate not to lose that the first half with fizzle out with a few half chances for both teams, probably us missing the best of them. 2nd half we will push a bit harder and take more risks getting a goal ~70th minute and then holding onto the 1-0 for 20 minutes to get a much needed 3 points. 

After the game it will be repeated it's more about the 3 points than the performance, and we push on to Leeds Saturday 🙂 

I see it totally different, I believe Boro will be straight out of the blocks and will want to get into the same position as the Hull game prior to the sending off.

If we do then I expect Boro to carry on in the manner they had hoped to do against Hull. They will be looking for goals and plenty of them.

If Barnsley do a number on us and we revert back to cagey football then we deserve to go down.

• Like 1