oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley 1-0 (Fletcher)

1 hour ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Barnsley  haven't won since 1st game of the season, averaging over 2 goals a game against, 36 in total, we've got to be looking to play with the same level and intensity that we did 1st half against Hull  and blow these out the water. we're at home on our own turf, in front of our home fans so  I don't buy into this nervousness crap, you go out and get the job done no excuses. 

Wouldn't you be nervous if you looked round the dressing room and saw who your team mates were...then looked over at the touchline and saw Woody? 

Star Lol GIF by Disney Pixar

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We should have been out of sight in that game had it not been for Barnsleys keeper pulling off heroics, what are you talking about "undeserved" and Barnsley should feel "robbed". We were far bett

Bonkers. People see what they want to see.    1st half both teams were rubbish with us having one or two clear cut chances that we should have put away. 2nd half we were good and should have

If we continue to show the levels we have the past few games we should edge away from the relegation zone over the season. It does feel like luck hasn't been with us in a lot of these matches.

Posted Images

I think we can win tonight and then go and get a point at Leeds.  But as I said on the Non Boro Football thread, if we lose tonight then I think Woodgate will be gone.  Even a draw might not be enough for him.  The feels like a must win game for him as much as us.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

If say we get zero points from the next 2 games and Woodgate keeps the job, would we say that's evidence he's keeping it for the long-term regardless of what he serves up?

I'd say that it's evidence of Gibson caring less about relegation than the rest of us.  I never really considered that point but maybe he's not that bothered about it?  If the financial costs of relegation aren't that great then perhaps he's prepared to take the chance and just continue on regardless.  We get to the end of this season and whatever happens we are almost certainly losing all of the lads out of contract and whoever is left over on high salaries.  So if that's the case anyway then maybe he'll let this season play out. I think the difference in TV money and solidarity payments between the Championship and League One is only £5m so it's obviously nothing like the drop between the Premier League and Championship.  

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

If say we get zero points from the next 2 games and Woodgate keeps the job, would we say that's evidence he's keeping it for the long-term regardless of what he serves up?

Even if we lose the next 2 games we won't exactly be adrift of safety and Gibson's ego is going to take a big dent if he has to sack Woodgate so early, I'm not sure if tonight is make or break just yet. 

On the other hand there will obviously be a cut off point for Gibson when he says enough is enough who knows when that will be. 

I've got a few friends that think Gibson will give Woodgate until next season even if it means we go down. I suppose it's similar to how things went with Southgate in 09' when it was thought relegation would give the club a chance to regroup and rebuild. 

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

I see it totally different, I believe Boro will be straight out of the blocks and will want to get into the same position as the Hull game prior to the sending off.

If we do then I expect Boro to carry on in the manner they had hoped to do against Hull. They will be looking for goals and plenty of them.

If Barnsley do a number on us and we revert back to cagey football then we deserve to go down.

This is what I'm hoping... Everyone will be upset not to have got the 3 points against Hull and should come out with a bit of fire tonight. A good opening 5/10 minutes and the crowd will be bang up for it, as there'll be goodwill left over from last week's first half. Hopefully, anyway.

As you say, if we can't get up for this then Boro probably don't deserve to be (and won't be) here for much longer. 

2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Wouldn't you be nervous if you looked round the dressing room and saw who your team mates were...then looked over at the touchline and saw Woody? 

Star Lol GIF by Disney Pixar

If Buzz Lightyear was with Woody instead of Robbie Keane I'd be very optimistic. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ChipBarrington said:

GAME DAY

I dont think they will be as open at the back as Hull were first half as they will be thinking about not losing as a priority. But if our movement and interplay as as good as that opening spell we could finally get a win, and a convincing one at that. Im going 3-1 Boro. Britt, McNair, Britt.

Well 36 goals against I  would suggest they're very open at the back, so if we play well enough it won't matter how they try to defend. I'll go 3-0 Boro, Tav, Fletcher and Britt. 

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

Even if we lose the next 2 games we won't exactly be adrift of safety and Gibson's ego is going to take a big dent if he has to sack Woodgate so early, I'm not sure if tonight is make or break just yet. 

On the other hand there will obviously be a cut off point for Gibson when he says enough is enough who knows when that will be. 

I've got a few friends that think Gibson will give Woodgate until next season even if it means we go down. I suppose it's similar to how things went with Southgate in 09' when it was thought relegation would give the club a chance to regroup and rebuild. 

It will be interesting to hear what Gibson says if indeed we do keep Woodgate and get relegated, for sure.

I'd go as far to say given the situation we're in along with Barnsley a failure to take 3 points tonight would be the most dismal result of the Riverside era the cup upsets, the pastings and the 'derby' losses over the years will not be as consequential or embarrassing as our high priced team failing to beat the Championship's worst team when we seriously need points on the board it's as big as the 04 LC SF vs Arsenal.

I'll say this ahead of tonights game you can take your Luton praise and Brentford first half praise people seemed to extoll as a pinnacle of what we can do I really didn't find us impressive at all in those games myself BUT before Johnson stuck his leg up last week that's the best we've played by far we actually controlled the ball managed to overload the width and had some nice patterns the ill discipline cost us 3 points another example this season of us being a team with a poor disciplinary attitude to approaching defensive/pressing situations.

14 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I'd go as far to say given the situation we're in along with Barnsley a failure to take 3 points tonight would be the most dismal result of the Riverside era the cup upsets, the pastings and the 'derby' losses over the years will not be as consequential or embarrassing as our high priced team failing to beat the Championship's worst team when we seriously need points on the board it's as big as the 04 LC SF vs Arsenal.

I'll say this ahead of tonights game you can take your Luton praise and Brentford first half praise people seemed to extoll as a pinnacle of what we can do I really didn't find us impressive at all in those games myself BUT before Johnson stuck his leg up last week that's the best we've played by far we actually controlled the ball managed to overload the width and had some nice patterns the ill discipline cost us 3 points another example this season of us being a team with a poor disciplinary attitude to approaching defensive/pressing situations.

Or Players trying too hard to Impress

2 hours ago, Duvel said:

And we all saw how well that went

• Like 2

Woodgate has been promised the whole season by Gibson and I'm not sure he'd go back on that even if we do get relegated.

In fact you could argue that the reason for appointing Woody in the first place is that in the wake of relegation to league 1 he'd be happy to remain here.

55 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It will be interesting to hear what Gibson says if indeed we do keep Woodgate and get relegated, for sure.

I would imagine if relegated, Gibson would probably say what he has the last 2 seasons, very little, but hopefully he's sensible enough to know that fans aren't going to part with their hard earned cash for a season card for Div 1 football.

59 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Lose tonight and I can see the fans turning against Woodgate big time, you can only put up with so much and our patience is wearing thin.