oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley 1-0 (Fletcher)

23 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Lose tonight and I can see the fans turning against Woodgate big time, you can only put up with so much and our patience is wearing thin.

I mean the historic reality is we need another 10 wins from the remaining 29 games to stay in the division if the remit's simply avoid relegation I can't imagine him being under much threat tonight will probably decide whether he is truly up to being a manager or not you do whatever it takes to win the football match tonight a loss would put such a dent in the perception he's the right long term manager he could end the night untenable with alot of fans I agree.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We should have been out of sight in that game had it not been for Barnsleys keeper pulling off heroics, what are you talking about "undeserved" and Barnsley should feel "robbed". We were far bett

Bonkers. People see what they want to see.    1st half both teams were rubbish with us having one or two clear cut chances that we should have put away. 2nd half we were good and should have

If we continue to show the levels we have the past few games we should edge away from the relegation zone over the season. It does feel like luck hasn't been with us in a lot of these matches.

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Lose tonight and I can see the fans turning against Woodgate big time, you can only put up with so much and our patience is wearing thin.

I don't think that Gibson or the club cares what fans think, though.  It feels like we're seen as an inconvenience which needs to be tolerated, rather than an asset which the club can work with.

My concern is that the atmosphere will turn hostile and affect the players; limiting results even further. 

I am very concerned that the club don't seem at all bothered about things. It feels like we are sleepwalking towards relegation like we did in 2009, and by the time the club wake up it will again be too late to do anything about it.

5 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Am I really the first to mention, that  @Uwe has put Howson as central defender?

That's where he played the full 90 at the weekend. Woodgate prefers to keep McNair in midfield so I wouldn't be surprised if Howson reprised his centre back role tonight. 

2 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

That's where he played the full 90 at the weekend. Woodgate prefers to keep McNair in midfield so I wouldn't be surprised if Howson reprised his centre back role tonight. 

Ahh, thanx. I didn't see that 😄

I kinda thought Mc'Nair was kinda offensive for a CD v Hull 😄 😛 

I looked at this

https://www.flashscore.dk/kamp/xx0pAKO4/#opstilling;1

--------------Randolph--------------

----Howson---Ayala---Fry---------

Dijksteel - - - - - - - - - - - Coulson

-----------McNair----Wing------------

----------------Tavernier---------------

------Fletcher-------------Britt--------

Yeah Howson was CB against Hull.

Maybe I'm a bit daft (OK, definitely, I know) but I still fancy us as a 4-3-3 team. So my team would be:

Randy

Howson Ayala Fry Coulson

McNair Clayton Wing

Tav Britt Fletch

Or maybe Bola into left-back for Wing/Clayts, Tav into midfield for a bit more mobility in there and Coulson further up. Said I'd rather not push Coulson up top but think we're pretty much out of options up there right now.

Horrible weather for it. Hope the Boro can lift my spirits as the only thing worse than watching Boro lose is watching Boro lose with soggy trousers...

Got to be winning this though, by hook or by crook. 2-0 Boro

19 minutes ago, White Band said:

Is that the team which has been announced, BearSmog, or the team you are suggesting?

It's the team that I reckon we will put out.. One change, Coulson in for Johnson. 

2 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

It's the team that I reckon we will put out.. One change, Coulson in for Johnson. 

I suspect that will be the case too. Or he'll continue from where we left off on Sunday, with Tav in for Johnson on the left and Clayts in midfield, with the addition of Fletch on the field.

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I suspect that will be the case too. Or he'll continue from where we left off on Sunday, with Tav in for Johnson on the left and Clayts in midfield, with the addition of Fletch on the field.

I do hope he has learnt from that mistake.