• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We should have been out of sight in that game had it not been for Barnsleys keeper pulling off heroics, what are you talking about "undeserved" and Barnsley should feel "robbed". We were far bett

Bonkers. People see what they want to see.    1st half both teams were rubbish with us having one or two clear cut chances that we should have put away. 2nd half we were good and should have

If we continue to show the levels we have the past few games we should edge away from the relegation zone over the season. It does feel like luck hasn't been with us in a lot of these matches.

Posted Images

Just now, BillinghamBoro said:

Will take that, but Christ if you're of a Barnsley persuasion you must feel robbed. On to a tough game against Leeds next. Not looking forward to that. 

Not sure I’d say that. First half they were robbed definitely but we should have put 5 or 6 past them second half if it wasn’t for their keeper

• Like 3
Just now, ballyclover said:

Shows the state of our game when we are so nervous about throwing away a win to the bottom club in this league who we narrowly and undeserved win. Its a false dawn

Just now, BillinghamBoro said:

Will take that, but Christ if you're of a Barnsley persuasion you must feel robbed. On to a tough game against Leeds next. Not looking forward to that. 

We should have been out of sight in that game had it not been for Barnsleys keeper pulling off heroics, what are you talking about "undeserved" and Barnsley should feel "robbed".

We were far better that 2nd half.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

For a win the stats are probably the most lob sided I’ve read. A win is a win but the nature of the win does NOT bode well at all. Possibly we drag teams down to our level and they forget how to play. If we can win with 36% possession it’s worth ten quid on a mid table finish. 

8 minutes ago, White Band said:

Thanks. So nothing to inspire confidence that he's ready to step up if - as seems likely - Randolph leaves in Jan.  

I know that it isn't fair to compare the two, but it is such an important position for us.

It was difficult to judge on tonight as I said conditions were awful and I think keepers need a run of games which is quite rare in football for the reserve keeper to get that. Randolph though will take some replacing as he is probably our only player at the moment showing consistently can play to a higher standard.

Glad we won, but did anyone else get flashbacks to boro vs Sunderland in the premier league with that game that both looked like they were going down but we were better defensively so won the game?  

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

We’re going to get murdered on Saturday. Leeds will have a field day against this boro team. 

All the hall marks of a shock away win, mind you will be interesting to see who he has available to play?

Can’t believe that some people thought that we didn’t deserve to win that. The Barnsley keeper made some great saves and Pears had little to do. We only need another 28 1-0 wins and we’re going up as champions ffs 😂

• Thanks 1
Just now, sanddancer said:

For a win the stats are probably the most lob sided I’ve read. A win is a win but the nature of the win does NOT bode well at all. Possibly we drag teams down to our level and they forget how to play. If we can win with 36% possession it’s worth ten quid on a mid table finish. 

The possession stats maybe but we're not really a high possession team at all anyway.

We should have comfortably won that game had their keeper not made 3 excellent saves.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

We should have been out of sight in that game had it not been for Barnsleys keeper pulling off heroics, what are you talking about "undeserved" and Barnsley should feel "robbed".

We were far better that 2nd half.

Agree with this 100%. As stated above Pears had next to nowt to do tonight. Their keeper was heroic.

• Like 2