oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley 1-0 (Fletcher)

48 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Woodgate did say that it was something he has been dealing with since the international break, and that they all knew he would need some time off at some point.

Randolph shouldn't have played against QPR as he wasn't fit but he was persuaded to by another first team player.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We should have been out of sight in that game had it not been for Barnsleys keeper pulling off heroics, what are you talking about "undeserved" and Barnsley should feel "robbed". We were far bett

Bonkers. People see what they want to see.    1st half both teams were rubbish with us having one or two clear cut chances that we should have put away. 2nd half we were good and should have

If we continue to show the levels we have the past few games we should edge away from the relegation zone over the season. It does feel like luck hasn't been with us in a lot of these matches.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dan1234 said:

Thought Tav was motm, hopefully this is him really growing into that midfield 3 position. 

Is anyone else terrified for Leeds? I could see that being any score Leeds fancy.

It never seems to turn out like that, it does make you nervous to think about it but it’s always closer than we imagine and we do seem to have got a bit of form together so who knows!

I really liked Tav last night. He hassled and harried, drove us forwards and linked up with the front two nicely. It's almost as if - gasp - the team would be improved by having a #10 buzzing around behind the strikers.

Ironic that things are slowly picking up just as our injury list becomes bigger than our list of fit players. Last night wasn't a good spectacle, but it'll hopefully give the players confidence we can see out a lead.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Duvel said:

Awful game of football but a really good result. I thought we were 2nd best until the goal which was against the run of play, though to be fair we could have had a few after that. 

It's not really worth over analysing things tonight because the conditions and pitch were so bad. The 3 points were vital but it's a bit concerning when you look at the injury situation and obviously the table. 

The U-18s are going to be seeing action at some point, if the injuries keep piling up like this. 😮

So .. time for my 50 cents

Howson is actually pretyy capable of playing CB 

Tav was really good. The more he starts, the better he gets apparantly (ain't that funny) 😛

It was the best game of water polo I have seen live on tv! 

I am worried about that injury list - But some of the youngsters might shine.

Coulson was really good in the attacking play.

Bola will hopefully get better 😁

Britt looks more up for it ... It suits him to have Tav and Fletcher to play off. He should never be a lone striker again, ever!

I like 3-5-2, always have ... 

14 hours ago, sanddancer said:

We’re going to win the league, we’re going to win the league, and now your going to believe us.! ................................. 

I'd have gone with, "We're the finest football team, the world has ever seen...", but that works too. 😂

27 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

What takes away some of the worries is that we have the best defence of the bottom teams and the others have lost more games. We have had some draws, which we should have won.

If we continue to show the levels we have the past few games we should edge away from the relegation zone over the season. It does feel like luck hasn't been with us in a lot of these matches.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Borodane said:

I think it could be down to just playing a formation that suits what you have. We have two capable strikers, zero wingers, quite a few CMs and a couple of wing backs that can't really defend that well, so we need to play three at the back for protection and if it wasn't for Shottons injury we actually have three decent championship CDs in Ayala, Fry and Shotton. Looking at our squad we simply can't play a formation that requires out-n-out wingers because we don't have any. That rules out the traditional 4-4-2 and 4-3-3. Britt and Fletcher also both look better when they have someone to play off. It's certainly not pretty but it' probably the best we can do.

Except that if you're playing a midfielder as a central defender, a left winger as a left wing back and a left wing back as a right wing back then you aren't really playing a formation that suits what you have.  We're fitting people in here and there and then when we're losing players we're fitting other players in as well.  I appreciate that at the moment we're limited by suspensions and injuries though of course.

6 minutes ago, Foogle said:

We've only won three games, lads and lasses.  Let's not blame bad luck for it.

I thought Tav was definitely man of the match, always looks confident on the ball, not frightened to take players on, or to shoot, Howson another solid game, Wing needs to up his game, and the keeper Pears doesn't instill me with much confidence, spilled a couple, hope I'm wrong about him. 

The game like the weather was rubbish but we should have won comfortably in the end, missed a few decent chances yet  again. At times we were trying to play the ball out in awful conditions, losing it and  putting  ourselves under needless pressure, sometimes you just need to put your foot through it and get it out of harms way its common sense football. Our set pieces were once again lacking in quality, didn't test the keeper in *** conditions haven't really got a clue what we work on in training.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We've only won three games, lads and lasses.  Let's not blame bad luck for it.

I think there's a very solid argument to be made that bad decisions have cost us points, especially early in the season. (Brentford and Millwall spring to mind)

Also over the last few games we have started playing better; so there are some positives here for sure.

Also unrelated, but I just watched the inside matchday, and boy was Assombalonga *** when Coulson shot instead of squaring it for him. I don't think I've ever seen him that animated!

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

Britt looks more up for it ... It suits him to have Tav and Fletcher to play off. He should never be a lone striker again, ever!

Is he ok to smile again now? Checking for a friend 😉

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He's only smiling because it'll soon be January and he can leave 👍

He's always wanted to leave, in fact he never even wanted to come here.