oneBoro Forum

Boro supporters

Right I'm going to have a rant,If there was a block button on it half of of you lot would get it,I've supported Boro all my life,Most of it from Plymouth 

I spent every penny I had Travelling to watch Boro,1992 Our promotion year, Which quite a few lads do,Even Denmark have some Boro fans, And these days TV plays a big part in bringing Boro into our Homes...That said Watching our last match We were outstanding first 40 mins until the sending off...A rash tackle admittedly, It happens let it go.

we also have an inexperienced Management team who are learning as they go on,Because that's how it is, Its what the club could afford,Steve promised us the club would never put the Club in Jeopardy...AKA Bury's position(There's a lot more clubs out there in that position)SG was putting 1m a month of his own money into the club,Me, I would have sold the club to Gypsy's just to spite you lot...Tonight is a very important match, Another performance like we've seen occasionally and we start climbing the Div....Its what you call being a true supporter, the ups the downs everything that goes with it...Just remember before you start ripping new backsides to our players,some are making a step up either from our youth set up or from a lower div that takes time (something we have very little of)...Sorry I've bored the tits off some, But its off my chest now 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Barnaby said:

Right I'm going to have a rant,If there was a block button on it half of of you lot would get it,I've supported Boro all my life,Most of it from Plymouth 

I spent every penny I had Travelling to watch Boro,1992 Our promotion year, Which quite a few lads do,Even Denmark have some Boro fans, And these days TV plays a big part in bringing Boro into our Homes...That said Watching our last match We were outstanding first 40 mins until the sending off...A rash tackle admittedly, It happens let it go.

we also have an inexperienced Management team who are learning as they go on,Because that's how it is, Its what the club could afford,Steve promised us the club would never put the Club in Jeopardy...AKA Bury's position(There's a lot more clubs out there in that position)SG was putting 1m a month of his own money into the club,Me, I would have sold the club to Gypsy's just to spite you lot...Tonight is a very important match, Another performance like we've seen occasionally and we start climbing the Div....Its what you call being a true supporter, the ups the downs everything that goes with it...Just remember before you start ripping new backsides to our players,some are making a step up either from our youth set up or from a lower div that takes time (something we have very little of)...Sorry I've bored the tits off some, But its off my chest now 

The match is tomorrow, please don't travel up from Plymouth tonight 😂

• Haha 2

Other than the wrong match day it is a good post Barnaby. It does seem to be a “nearer the church the further from God’ situation with a lot of Boro fans. Sunday showed a lot of things to be positive about. UTB

You should have let him travel up tonight and get even more radged when he realised the game was tomorrow, it would be hilarious 😀

- I've done the travelling all over watching Boro, you don't get a medal for it, you just do it because you want to do it.  It also doesn't make you any different to any other Boro fan.

- We do have an inexperienced management team although some might suggest the word that you're really looking for is cheap.  There's not a great deal of evidence to suggest that they are learning as they go, which is probably why we've only won 2 out of 17 games this season, haven't won in the last 10 games and haven't won since the middle of September.

- Gibson was putting whatever money he was into his own business.  That's what you do when you run it at a massive loss, you have to fund the shortfall.  The entire reason there were financial issues was because he allowed the club to overspend and did so in such a way as to create long term problems.  If you keep making *** poor decisions then it's right that it costs you rather than other people although as it happens it did cost us other people as well.

- Hardly any of our players are making a step up from our youth set up or from lower leagues.  Randolph, Johnson, Fry, Ayala, Howson, Dijksteel, Wing, McNair, Tavernier, Fletcher (Clayton 45), Assombalonga.  That was our team on Sunday.  It's not inexperienced or full of lower league players and people need to stop using this as an excuse.

- I'm a Boro fan and that means I'll be a Boro fan next season regardless of which division we're in but I'm buggered if I'm going to be happy with a team that can barely win a game.  Just like you I've seen that before and it usually ends in relegation and there's no reason to just go along with that as though it's ok.

• Like 4

It's possible to love the club and follow every match yet hold valid concerns and reservations about what is going on. Some people act like accepting cutting the cloth means accepting abysmal results too... plenty of teams compete at the top end of the Championship with smaller budgets than us. Look at Preston in 3rd. We have individuals worth more than their squad. 

Making Gibson an untouchable God beyond reproach helps nobody. Yes, neither does booing the side, but fans are right to feel let down with how the club has been managed ever since the promotion season. So much wasted money and potential. 

If you're served a s*** sandwich, then smile, say thank-you, and eat every last crumb - guess what's for dinner again tomorrow night?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

You should have let him travel up tonight and get even more radged when he realised the game was tomorrow, it would be hilarious 😀

- I've done the travelling all over watching Boro, you don't get a medal for it, you just do it because you want to do it.  It also doesn't make you any different to any other Boro fan.

- We do have an inexperienced management team although some might suggest the word that you're really looking for is cheap.  There's not a great deal of evidence to suggest that they are learning as they go, which is probably why we've only won 2 out of 17 games this season, haven't won in the last 10 games and haven't won since the middle of September.

- Gibson was putting whatever money he was into his own business.  That's what you do when you run it at a massive loss, you have to fund the shortfall.  The entire reason there were financial issues was because he allowed the club to overspend and did so in such a way as to create long term problems.  If you keep making *** poor decisions then it's right that it costs you rather than other people although as it happens it did cost us other people as well.

- Hardly any of our players are making a step up from our youth set up or from lower leagues.  Randolph, Johnson, Fry, Ayala, Howson, Dijksteel, Wing, McNair, Tavernier, Fletcher (Clayton 45), Assombalonga.  That was our team on Sunday.  It's not inexperienced or full of lower league players and people need to stop using this as an excuse.

- I'm a Boro fan and that means I'll be a Boro fan next season regardless of which division we're in but I'm buggered if I'm going to be happy with a team that can barely win a game.  Just like you I've seen that before and it usually ends in relegation and there's no reason to just go along with that as though it's ok.

I would have had a night & a half in Holy Molies in Skelton and would have killed time in most of the bars & clubs(now I'm looking for an emoji wi tongue sticking out)

49 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

I would have had a night & a half in Holy Molies in Skelton and would have killed time in most of the bars & clubs(now I'm looking for an emoji wi tongue sticking out)

This man knows how to live 👍

• Like 1
8 hours ago, BearSmog said:

The match is tomorrow, please don't travel up from Plymouth tonight 😂

I dunno - if it was me I'd book a hotel and stay overnight, then travel home after the match. Use the time beforehand to take in the sight and attractions of Smogtown. 😉

Must be why it costs him every spare penny (kudos to him for that).