• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"we haven't got an on loan player in, so that says it all really" I wonder who's fault that was.  "We've lost a lot of players over the summer and replaced them with the three younger player

For me, I've watched us play a fair few games this year and theres been a sprinkling of us looking good. It's not constant and it's in flashes.  However, what worries me the most is that we just

I still can't believe he chose to appoint a total rookie like Woodgate, KNOWING the club doesn't have the funds to invest heavily in the squad. You can get by with average / poor or just inexperi

3 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

Got to feel for Woodgate. Probably knew he would be out of his depth when offered the job but doubt if he was told he would have to do it in concrete boots.
I wonder if Gibson will give Woody some backing in January or if the genuine possibility of relegation will not phase him.

Absolutely not, he wanted this job and knew exactly what Gibson wanted of him. 

They have made a shambles of this season, it's easily the worst season I've seen in my 24 years on this planet. The only thing I feel for him is contempt.

Sorry to disappoint you but Woody isn't going anywhere any time soon.

He has excuses at the ready regarding injuries and will no doubt say players are tired playing 3 games 6days.

Woody is completely inept tactically and this type of performance sums up exactly where we are heading.

Leeds haven't got out of 2nd gear all game and we havent even had any good spells of possession in the game.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I mean it's just unacceptable Pulis went there with a similar teamsheet played 5 at the back scraped a draw he's gone there with a 541 rolled over got his tummy rubbed and can't crack 40% possession it's abysmal what we're setting up to do in away games I have no clue.

I spent the time looking through every MFC manager back to Collin Todd in 1990 they all got their first away wins within 6 weeks except for Southgate who took 20 weeks, Woodgate's on 17 weeks he's closing in on a record. Bare his away stat in mind when you review our fixtures this month I'm gonna go on a limb and say Southgate's record will probably be broken around Christmas nice little xmas present for Woodgate.

It wasn't a similar teamsheet to be fair.  We had Randolph, Flint, Shotton, Friend, Clayton, Besic and Downing.  So that's 7 different players.  I would expect the team Pulis had out to be able to scrape draws and that as it was full of defenders and defensive players - Friend and Shotton as wing backs, Clayton, Besic and Howson in midfield along with Downing and Assombalonga up front on his own.  Criticise Woodgate all you like but at least be fair about it.  Woodgate doesn't have the same calibre of squad to work with and had several of them missing today on top of that.

• Like 1
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Boro fans: Leeds are gonna smash us, never mind

Also Boro fans: Leeds are smashing us, what a nightmare, sack the manager, get rid of the players, play the U11s

He's went there setup to pack the middle, played 5 defenders and shipped 4 goals and counting it's not exactly like he's going end to end matching formation holding their possession in the mid 50's. Only one I feel sorry for today  is Pears he shouldn't be thrown into games like this he's not ready, fans get on his back and his confidence will be shot.