• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"we haven't got an on loan player in, so that says it all really" I wonder who's fault that was.  "We've lost a lot of players over the summer and replaced them with the three younger player

For me, I've watched us play a fair few games this year and theres been a sprinkling of us looking good. It's not constant and it's in flashes.  However, what worries me the most is that we just

I still can't believe he chose to appoint a total rookie like Woodgate, KNOWING the club doesn't have the funds to invest heavily in the squad. You can get by with average / poor or just inexperi

1 minute ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Serious question:

Are there actually 3 teams worse than us? I genuinely think we are the worst team in the league at this moment. Our defence is pathetic 

Barnsley, Wigan and Luton will go down.

1 minute ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Serious question:

Are there actually 3 teams worse than us? I genuinely think we are the worst team in the league at this moment. Our defence is pathetic 

Well its 3 from 4...and Boro are definitely one of the 4.

• Like 1
Just now, mj south said:

Our next 5 games Charlton home, Forset, Swansea away then Stoke, Huddersfield home.

3 massive home games

Ouch yes, 3 absolutely huge home games as I don't see us getting owt from those away games.

Just now, Changing Times said:

It wasn't a similar teamsheet to be fair.  We had Randolph, Flint, Shotton, Friend, Clayton, Besic and Downing.  So that's 7 different players.  I would expect the team Pulis had out to be able to scrape draws and that as it was full of defenders and defensive players - Friend and Shotton as wing backs, Clayton, Besic and Howson in midfield along with Downing and Assombalonga up front on his own.  Criticise Woodgate all you like but at least be fair about it.  Woodgate doesn't have the same calibre of squad to work with and had several of them missing today on top of that.

Friend was poor though at the time alot of people wanted McQueen in, Howson and Clayton are fit to play midfield and most people after last season would want Wing>Besic in midfield I'm not sure the lineup itself is much poorer?

Shotton for that spell was a better RWB than we have available but the rest I don't know alot of them were average under Pulis, if anything a year odd on you'd expect Tav in for Downing and say Wing for last seasons Besic to be upgrades if anything, no?

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

True, but I think they'll sneak out well before crunch time.

Mmmhm, me too, I think they'll be hovering lower midtable by the end of the season. Too good to go down, I think. I think there's plenty more twists that the league is going to show us before May, I suspect some more teams will fall further down after good starts, some teams in the middle will start to pick up, some managerial changes around March to fire up the relegation battle. I still think we should be okay but there doesn't seem to be an end to things getting worse, given the amount of injuries we've seen so far.