• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"we haven't got an on loan player in, so that says it all really" I wonder who's fault that was.  "We've lost a lot of players over the summer and replaced them with the three younger player

For me, I've watched us play a fair few games this year and theres been a sprinkling of us looking good. It's not constant and it's in flashes.  However, what worries me the most is that we just

I still can't believe he chose to appoint a total rookie like Woodgate, KNOWING the club doesn't have the funds to invest heavily in the squad. You can get by with average / poor or just inexperi

Steve Gibson is running this club into the dirt. He is paying £1m a month because of his own mistakes and errors, nobodies fault but his own. For the last decade he has made mistake after mistake and I cannot see how this club moves anywhere but down while he is the owner. 

• Like 1
Just now, Jamie-H said:

Friend was poor though at the time alot of people wanted McQueen in, Howson and Clayton are fit to play midfield and most people after last season would want Wing>Besic in midfield I'm not sure the lineup itself is much poorer?

Shotton for that spell was a better RWB than we have available but the rest I don't know alot of them were average under Pulis, if anything a year odd on you'd expect Tav in for Downing and say Wing for last seasons Besic to be upgrades if anything, no?

You can't seriously compare those two teams and believe they are the same, mate?  Last season's was absolutely set up to defend with a physical and experienced group of players.  Today was nothing like that and couldn't have been no matter what team Woodgate selected.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Woodgate not out. Yet. I'd be surprised if he loses his job on the back of Leeds away. Anything but 3 points against Charlton though...

Gibson can't afford to sack Woodgate. He also can't afford to support him in the transfer window.

We're ***.

• Like 1

This result has undone all the recent good work, only by the abject performances of others are we not in the bottom 3 but we are in deep deep trouble and with a real relegation battle for the rest of the season

• Like 1

Well what is there to say about that? 

That game was the story of Middlesbrough's season in a nutshell. Leeds didn't even need to break out of first gear they just turned up and sliced through our defence and tore us to pieces. 

The team sheet before the games show the state our club is now in, relying on untested youth and league 1 players and praying that they will come good, despite all of the evidence to the contrary. 

Steve Gibsons continuing failures and inadequacies are coming home to roost every time and he seems perfectly accepting of our current plight. 

I don't blame Woodgate for our thin squad, but I blame him for the poor tactics. That criticism is much more than just this game, hell it's not even the first time an opposition has scored 4 past us this season.

Honestly I've never felt so numb and disinterested about Boro, honestly I feel more interested in my local club. 2 draws against mediocre opposition convinced fans we were ok and turned the corner. 

Christ man. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Woodgate not out. Yet. I'd be surprised if he loses his job on the back of Leeds away. Anything but 3 points against Charlton though...

Wouldn't be on the back of it though, it'd be on the back of one win in 12 (which was against the worst team in the league), no clear plan, no tactical awareness, etc.

Not that it will happen.  Woodgate should walk though.

2 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Wouldn't be on the back of it though, it'd be on the back of one win in 12 (which was against the worst team in the league), no clear plan, no tactical awareness, etc.

Not that it will happen.  Woodgate should walk though.

Woodgate shouldn't walk at all. Just like no other manager who is trying the best they can with what tools and experience they've got should. It's not his fault he's not a great manager. It's Gibson's fault for putting us in the position that we needed to hire him. If Woodgate has to leave, it should be firmly the responsibility of the man who hired him to begin with and he should take the hit for that if it's a problem. I don't understand for one second anyone who in their right mind believes he should walk away from this job. Would you? I know I bloody wouldn't.

I’ve got to the point where I almost don’t care anymore. The losses don’t even set me off anymore. It’s just meh. We’re an insignificant championship team with no ambition. It is what it is

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You can't seriously compare those two teams and believe they are the same, mate?  Last season's was absolutely set up to defend with a physical and experienced group of players.  Today was nothing like that and couldn't have been no matter what team Woodgate selected.

I meant tactically we've setup with a 5 3 2 (or 1 1) which I was talking about he's setting us up for Pulis esque 30-37% possession most away games he's not reinventing the wheel he just seems to retread things we did last year but think he has grand answers Pulis didn't going forward that's kind of where I was going with teamsheet more formation/setup than exact name for name 11 players.

I get what you're saying Tav and Wing in midfield are less 'defensive' in mindset than Besic/Clayton and less experienced but he still had a bulk of options that Pulis had even with injuries he takes back 30% possession from Elland Road difference is Pulis could have points to show for his defensive 9 defenders setups and Woodgate's just a poor imitation of Pulis especially away.

I switched off after 3 minutes 😞 I love this club but everyone can see that the win against Barnsley was an off day rather than us improving. I understand finances have limited what we can do but woodgate is in it way above his head. Worse start outside the premier league since the mid eighties!! How can he still have a job:( like others I am numb to the football now and just want something to give me hope that it’s not league one next year

• Like 1