oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds (A) 0-4

6 minutes ago, Duvel said:

If you wanted a reason to sack him you could just use the dreadful form over a long period rather than one bad result. 

I agree with you though who would the club appoint next? Leo? Bernie Slaven? Rory? 

Well, given we apparently can't afford great manager's wages, I'm thinking we'd need to scour the 2nd divisions of the European leagues (assuming none of the usual candidates would be interested). 

The chances of turning up another Karanka are pretty remote. But there has to be a few coaches out there that could do a decent job, without expecting a fat (for the Championship) paycheque.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"we haven't got an on loan player in, so that says it all really" I wonder who's fault that was.  "We've lost a lot of players over the summer and replaced them with the three younger player

For me, I've watched us play a fair few games this year and theres been a sprinkling of us looking good. It's not constant and it's in flashes.  However, what worries me the most is that we just

I still can't believe he chose to appoint a total rookie like Woodgate, KNOWING the club doesn't have the funds to invest heavily in the squad. You can get by with average / poor or just inexperi

2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well, given we apparently can't afford great manager's wages, I'm thinking we'd need to scour the 2nd divisions of the European leagues (assuming none of the usual candidates would be interested). 

The chances of turning up another Karanka are pretty remote. But there has to be a few coaches out there that could do a decent job, without expecting a fat (for the Championship) paycheque.

Daniel Stendel immediately springs to mind

• Like 1

wasn't the plan all along for this season to essentially just graft it out & get through it.. mid table at best. Then sort the finances etc in the summer and start afresh? it's not exactly majorly comfortable where we are, but we're at least not cut adrift at the bottom - so you'd have to assume Gibson is of the opinion that everything is pretty much going to plan

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Woodgate probably won't walk away from a big pay off and you could argue why should he? Gibson has put him into this position. 

I suppose the counter argument to that is that if he loves the club as much as he says he does then should he walk away for the good of the club. 

Woodgate will be fully aware of what is going on behind the scenes and that to me is somewhat disturbing because he is not improving within his role and seemingly lack of knowledge.

Sure there is time for improvement but as mentioned before just what is the "cut off" point because I have not got a clue with regards to Boro. Let's face it many other clubs would have reacted by now to any urgency in their plight

5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

No chance, Gibson is done with foreigners. 

2 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

wasn't the plan all along for this season to essentially just graft it out & get through it.. mid table at best. Then sort the finances etc in the summer and start afresh? it's not exactly majorly comfortable where we are, but we're at least not cut adrift at the bottom so you'd have to assume Gibson is of the opinion that everything is pretty much going to plan

Sadly. This makes sense.

3 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

wasn't the plan all along for this season to essentially just graft it out & get through it.. mid table at best. Then sort the finances etc in the summer and start afresh? it's not exactly majorly comfortable where we are, but we're at least not cut adrift at the bottom - so you'd have to assume Gibson is of the opinion that everything is pretty much going to plan

Oh well, maybe we should be happy then. 

2 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

I agree this year has been wrote of. However I think he didn't expect us to be fighting relagation 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I've been like that since he was appointed, it was so obvious that this was gonna happen in the summer. 

I was just happy that Pulis was gone but this is a disaster. Complete and utter shambles. If Woodgate isn’t gone now nothing will change and I still believe we are going down. 

1 minute ago, BoroAbroad said:

Sadly. This makes sense.

Agree with you but sometimes the best made plans do not work and there is massive dangers when they fail.

Can we really comfort ourselves that there are others seemingly in a worse position as us. I do not nor can not and bloody hell are we so far away from the likes of Burnley, Crystal Palace and the likes.

If we do go down we will struggle just like Sunderland 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

We need someone in the mould of Bruce Rioch this is the reality of where we are now

But who is in the Rioch mould??

I thought the plan was to change how we play to a high press attacking team, Woodgate has proven he cant deploy these tactics so we need to get in a head coach who can