• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"we haven't got an on loan player in, so that says it all really" I wonder who's fault that was.  "We've lost a lot of players over the summer and replaced them with the three younger player

For me, I've watched us play a fair few games this year and theres been a sprinkling of us looking good. It's not constant and it's in flashes.  However, what worries me the most is that we just

I still can't believe he chose to appoint a total rookie like Woodgate, KNOWING the club doesn't have the funds to invest heavily in the squad. You can get by with average / poor or just inexperi

If what's been said is true and Gibson is putting in a million quid a week of his own money, then perhaps he should go the extra mile, and pay to bring in a manager who knows what he's doing. This now is purely about survival thank god we've got some crap sides in and around us.

I will pray with not much hope that Mondays news is Woodgate leaves post, I was one who was willing to give Woodgate a chance but its just not happening, all the football clichés in the world aren't going to help him, the writing looks firmly on the wall if he stays in charge.The chairman wants *** over the running of this football club, its disgusting and an absolute insult to the supporters, what a shambles.  

7 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I would sound out Gary Neville ask him if he would be interested in taking on a "project"

He has said he does not want to manage ever again, he said he isn't the right personality to be a manager, he's involved in a university in Manchester now.

35 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

wasn't the plan all along for this season to essentially just graft it out & get through it.. mid table at best. Then sort the finances etc in the summer and start afresh? it's not exactly majorly comfortable where we are, but we're at least not cut adrift at the bottom - so you'd have to assume Gibson is of the opinion that everything is pretty much going to plan

Where was this plan mentioned other than supporters after a poor start. I think your making reference to supporters hopes after Woodgate signing and voiced on many occasions after each bad result. Many including myself had stated I expected a mid table finish and recently changed to I don’t think we will go down. No what’s happened after each disappointing season is expectations have been lowered to a point where many don’t give a —— anymore. 

• Like 1

"we haven't got an on loan player in, so that says it all really"

I wonder who's fault that was. 

"We've lost a lot of players over the summer and replaced them with the three younger players from League one but it is what it is"

He literally wanted to sign these players, didn't he base his presentation on a team with these players?!?!?

Just more nonsense excuses.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

No what’s happened after each disappointing season is expectations have been lowered to a point where many don’t give a —— anymore. 

That becomes a real problem, though. When we're playing to crowds of 12,000, the club loses a lot of money. If Gibson wants to stop pouring cash into the club, sinking into the third tier in front of sparse crowds is absolutely not the way to balance the books. He knows this. And he must realise Woodgate is way out of his depth.

For financial reasons if nothing else, this dismal run of form needs to be addressed ASAP.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, northern boro said:

W

Woodgate has the signings he asked for, but as the club hangs from the rope and twitching it’s last death throes an interesting question needs to be asked, do you trust Woodgate enough to throw the last dice. 

6 minutes ago, Lord_Moose said:

"we haven't got an on loan player in, so that says it all really"

I wonder who's fault that was. 

"We've lost a lot of players over the summer and replaced them with the three younger players from League one but it is what it is"

He literally wanted to sign these players, didn't he base his presentation on a team with these players?!?!?

Just more nonsense excuses.

The whole PowerPoint presentation and Woodgate having a plan was just PR spin for me.

He was being groomed for the job last year so why would he even need an interview.  

• Like 1

I’m still skeptical if this ‘£1m per month’ thing, I find it more likely our wage bill is being financed by player sales money from this summer and last hence why we had about £3m to spend all summer.

The gazette said a few weeks back that ‘boro chiefs’ didn’t want to buy in January and imo that’s because Gibson then would have to use money budgeted for the wage bill towards new players and more company money to bridge the gap.

4 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Woodgate has the signings he asked for, but as the club hangs from the rope and twitching it’s last death throes an interesting question needs to be asked, do you trust Woodgate enough to throw the last dice. 

The other question is do you trust Gibson to appoint a suitable replacement? 

Just now, northern boro said:

I hate this line of argument, brought to you by the guy whose 3 summer signings are currently lighting the league on fire, right? 

The worst possible argument for Woodgate's case is 'spend more, sign more' follow the thread through... Sign who? A backup striker? An extra midfield body? A winger who'll end up wingback half the games? His 3 summer signings 1 was kept off LWB by Shotton and Johnson the others in, out and looks a wreck while Browne looks ready to rip peoples heads off when he gets sent on.

I don't know if the January reinforcement line holds for the next month if he doesn't get 2-3 home wins I can't see how he'd be there come January. The same guy bemoaning thinness of squad was the same one late August bragging about how if target no.1s not available we wont go down the list we'll give the U23s who are "100% good enough already" for a place in the team.

He binned Hackney after a short pudgy grey haired Austrian bullied him for an hour in pre season, Pears is in because a Cypriot League nostalgia trip isn't up to the 20 crosses a game we face and Malley/Wearne are being left to develop... like any other MFC manager would. I don't see any youngsters given consistent game time under Woodgate any other manager wouldn't have given the same i.e Tav/Fry/Wing/sprinkling of Wood. I think the Woodgate's a youth friendly coach has been shown to be a bit of a fallacy to be honest.

• Like 2