oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds (A) 0-4

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

The whole PowerPoint presentation and Woodgate having a plan was just PR spin for me.

He was being groomed for the job last year so why would he even need an interview.  

Definitely not wrong there! Just another of Gibson poor decisions.

• Like 1
  • Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"we haven't got an on loan player in, so that says it all really" I wonder who's fault that was.  "We've lost a lot of players over the summer and replaced them with the three younger player

For me, I've watched us play a fair few games this year and theres been a sprinkling of us looking good. It's not constant and it's in flashes.  However, what worries me the most is that we just

I still can't believe he chose to appoint a total rookie like Woodgate, KNOWING the club doesn't have the funds to invest heavily in the squad. You can get by with average / poor or just inexperi

6 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

That becomes a real problem, though. When we're playing to crowds of 12,000, the club loses a lot of money. If Gibson wants to stop pouring cash into the club, sinking into the third tier in front of sparse crowds is absolutely not the way to balance the books. He knows this. And he must realise Woodgate is way out of his depth.

For financial reasons if nothing else, this dismal run of form needs to be addressed ASAP.

I think you just made the obvious, obvious that everyone has being commenting on. The problem though is fans don’t manage the club and the only person that has and can make changes has gone from hero to zero and showing little interest.  

19 minutes ago, Lord_Moose said:

"we haven't got an on loan player in, so that says it all really"

I wonder who's fault that was. 

"We've lost a lot of players over the summer and replaced them with the three younger players from League one but it is what it is"

He literally wanted to sign these players, didn't he base his presentation on a team with these players?!?!?

Just more nonsense excuses.

The man is a constant walking contradictory and just shows how inept and how much out of his depth he is. He forgets what he has previously told the press.

I so wanted it to work because of his love for the Boro, but it was never going to work unless he was backed financially and he had a back bone.

Gibson - sell up you complete con man and fans please stop singing his name

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Lord_Moose said:

"we haven't got an on loan player in, so that says it all really"

I wonder who's fault that was. 

"We've lost a lot of players over the summer and replaced them with the three younger players from League one but it is what it is"

He literally wanted to sign these players, didn't he base his presentation on a team with these players?!?!?

Just more nonsense excuses.

Yeah he even played a out of position attacking left midfielder at left back over his top signing Marc Bola lol.

Unfortunately some people fall for what woody and the club say in interviews when everyone behind the scenes know it's complete lies.

There is literally no money in January unless someone gets sacrificed and from what I have heard Randolph is on his way out for £7million mark

• Like 1

Don't worry folks Gibson knows what his doing, Woodgate will stay in charge for the rest of the season, its us the supporters and fans who don't know what we're talking about, the results and performances are just a mirage. we're not actually seeing it as we're supposed to. The managers of the teams below us will be on their prayer mats hoping Woody doesn't go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The trouble is thought Leeds has been building their side while we have gone from crisis to crisis since relagation. They have managed to assemble this very impressive side that completely steam rolled us with half the budget we have had and probably still cost less to assemble than the squad of players we fielded. So the club is completely mismanaged why should us fans just accept this?

Goes back to my key issue is Woodgate a special little boy living his dream or is he a Middlesbrough FC manager I mean FFS all he's taking away from today's 30% possession 4 0 drubbing is how lovely the Leeds fans were to him but he couldn't wave because we were 3 0 down at the time?

I'm not saying Boro are Man United but are we just at the point where we build all week for our manager to enjoy a day trip to Elland Road I mean come on he's acting like he's managing a pub team. This club in my 27 year lifetime has never felt so small and it's nothing to do with finances it's attitudes/expectations it's all got so distorted it's shocking to me actually it's depressing I can not believe our manager's 2 takeaways are how sweet Leeds fans are as his teams been drubbed and how there's no need to panic January's coming.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

Worrying that Pears is likely to continue in goal once Randolph is sold in January. He was absolutely woeful today, cost 2 goals that any professional keeper would have saved. Not helping a defence that already has zero confidence. 

• Like 2
Just now, jamesp said:

Worrying that Pears is likely to continue in goal once Randolph is sold in January. He was absolutely woeful today, cost 2 goals that any professional keeper would have saved. Not helping a defence that already has zero confidence. 

I know it may of been a different game if he didn't parry a shot in 3 mins and put us on the back foot from the start

5 minutes ago, jamesp said:

Which two goals?

28 minutes ago, jamesp said:

My question for sometime now as been why did we give Tomas Mejias an extended contract if we are never going to use him.

6 minutes ago, Motor Mouth said:

My question for sometime now as been why did we give Tomas Mejias an extended contract if we are never going to use him.

A PR move like bringing back Leo? 

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The first for definite.

Yeah I figured that one although Fry and Bola should be closer to Bamford rather than letting him have a free header and Bamford does manage to head it down to make it awkward for Pears.